One year of Paul Warne

RoyMac5

11 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

No-one knows, but they’ll be something.  Of course we’ll have to pay it up, or at least a proportion of it.  Even if it’s half, it’ll still be a considerable amount.  And if we don’t pay it in one go, you’re stopping him taking another job as he’d effectively be on gardening leave.

Going on how Warne views being a manager (he never wanted to be one you know?) then he'll quite enjoy being on gardening leave. He'll probably look for a job as fitness teacher in a college somewhere.

Edit:

image.thumb.png.e9270d02b309fa5bf279aa8a7b8b51d3.png

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Going on how Warne views being a manager (he never wanted to be one you know?) then he'll quite enjoy being on gardening leave. He'll probably look for a job as fitness teacher in a college somewhere.

Edit:

image.thumb.png.e9270d02b309fa5bf279aa8a7b8b51d3.png

I wanted to drive a fire engine when I was young 🤷🏻‍♂️

21 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

We can't afford to get rid of him. The sensible thing would be to wait for him to get us promoted (either this or next season) and as soon as he does hand him his p45 and get him gone. 

He won’t get us promoted. He inherited a top end league 1 Rotherham with the tools for promotion. He didn’t build anything there. As soon as he went they stayed up after 3 warne Relegations.

On 30/09/2023 at 18:48, Leeds Ram said:

We can't afford to get rid of him. The sensible thing would be to wait for him to get us promoted (either this or next season) and as soon as he does hand him his p45 and get him gone. 

6 hours ago, McMuffin said:

He won’t get us promoted. He inherited a top end league 1 Rotherham with the tools for promotion. He didn’t build anything there. As soon as he went they stayed up after 3 warne Relegations.

Unfortunately, this is indeed the flaw in @Leeds Ram's argument. I can't see Warne taking us up. He seems to be taking the club backwards. Of course I very much hope I'm wrong.

On 01/10/2023 at 23:28, Carl Sagan said:

Unfortunately, this is indeed the flaw in @Leeds Ram's argument. I can't see Warne taking us up. He seems to be taking the club backwards. Of course I very much hope I'm wrong.

I can see him taking us up next season even if not this one. I just have no faith in his coaching or tactical ability beyond that.

On 22/09/2023 at 03:43, TomTom92 said:

Thought the appointment was a great one at the time and to this day he seems like a genuinely nice bloke. 

Last season i was willing to let him off on missing out on play offs because of the turmoil of the summer and it not being his team. However, this season I've been very underwhelmed, outplayed against Bolton, Oxford and Portsmouth. Defeats against Wigan and a narrow win over Fleetwood.

Looks tactically weak, I'm not a fan of his recruitment (must be a good person etc.) and the football is pretty boring. Excuses for this season so far are injuries and tough start to our fixtures. If we can win the majority of our next 6 matches i'm sure things will look slightly better. 

The mood around the club with him isn't great. A third want him out, a third are on the fence and the other third are still with him but i think they're only with him because they 'don't want to keep changing managers' and 'coming back from admin will be a long process' as opposed to being happy with what's happening on the pitch.

PW is on a long contract so some are speculating that DC can't afford to get rid. Sad situation if true. 

I'm not sure of the way forward, personally I don't think we'll go up this season with him in charge and wouldn't mind seeing him get the chop. But as i say he seems like a nice man so if he was to turn it around i'd be more than happy about it. 

Post Blackpool, crow pie for you.

1 hour ago, MickD said:

Post Blackpool, crow pie for you.

Not really as I say I like PW as a man and obviously want him to do well as we all do. 

But this season so far has been a slog and that lies with the players and ultimately the manager. Replicate tonight a few more times and it’ll be a slog no more.