Is Warne living on borrowed time?

17 minutes ago, Topram said:

...we’ve lost to Wigan after having the most attempts in the league, on another day we win tht game, we’ve lost a league cup game because of a mistake...

Aren't these the sort of things we were saying when Rosenior couldn't win an away game for love nor money?

3 hours ago, Pottig said:

look at the situation we are in, and more realistically set their standards.

This made me laugh.

The standards have been set by those at the the club.

The chairman says the expectation is  promotion, the manager says the expectation is promotion, Joe ward says that the expectation is promotion and that they know what standards they have to live up to, every player interviewed has made it clear that we should be seriously challenging for pronotion...

...but god forbid the fans have any expectations or hold them to those standards. 

Paul Warne has been brought in to get us promoted. If people see problems in his performance which they think may stop him achieving that they're allowed to speak up about it, whether that's 2 games into the season or 20.

It doesn't mean they're impatient ingrates baying for blood, willing him to make mistakes so they can have a rant. 

Some people seem to think we should just sit back and meekly accept failure, and be grateful for whatever we get given just because of where we were a year and a bit ago, but it doesn't work like that - the club aren't sitting there feeling sorry for themselves so why should the fans?

Edited by Kokosnuss

2 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

The chairman says the expectation is  promotion, the manager says the expectation is promotion, Joe ward says that the expectation is promotion and that they know what standards they have to live up to, every player interviewed has made it clear that we should be seriously challenging for pronotion...

...but god forbid the fans have any expectations or hold them to those standards. 

Paul Warne has been brought in to get us promoted. If people see problems in his performance which they think may stop him achieving that they're allowed to speak up about it, whether that's 2 games into the season or 20.

It doesn't mean they're impatient ingrates baying for blood, willing him to make mistakes so they can have a rant.

The standards have been set by the club, sure.

That being said, we haven't failed to get promotion. People can speak up after 2 games (only one of which is actually the league), but realistically you come across as a bit of a numpty if you do so. The only change between now and the the beginning of the season is that we can't go undefeated and we can't win the Carabao cup. 

Many teams have started slowly and won promotion. Many teams have started well and not. There is holding the club to set the standard, and there is being reactionary. Realistically, only time will tell which goes for both sides. 

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I really do not get this emphasis that some are pointing out, do goals from mistakes not count then?! Mistakes always happen you might say, so why didn't we do enough to counteract them?

The point is that it **is** a mitigating factor. Derby looked set to go and beat Wigan in the second half, Wildsmith makes an error and we go on to lose the game. It isn't due to a poor set up, or poor organisation, or Warne getting his tactics wrong. Football is a momentum based game, and we conceded just before half time and in the last 15 minutes. 

9 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

This made me laugh.

Some people seem to think we should just sit back and meekly accept failure, and be grateful for whatever we get given just because of where we were a year and a bit ago, but it doesn't work like that - the club aren't sitting there feeling sorry for themselves so why should the fans?

This made me laugh after 1 effing league game it doesn't mean they're impatient cause it does 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The point is that it **is** a mitigating factor. Derby looked set to go and beat Wigan in the second half, Wildsmith makes an error and we go on to lose the game. It isn't due to a poor set up, or poor organisation, or Warne getting his tactics wrong. Football is a momentum based game, and we conceded just before half time and in the last 15 minutes. 

Why do we make the errors? Pressure? 

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Aren't these the sort of things we were saying when Rosenior couldn't win an away game for love nor money?

We all have a moan me more than most but it’s literally 2 games, I’ve seen people say scrap the 5 at the back it’s 3 new defenders learning to play with each other, they and Warne deserve some time, this over reaction is crazy

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

That being said, we haven't failed to get promotion. People can speak up after 2 games (only one of which is actually the league), but realistically you come across as a bit of a numpty if you do so. The only change between now and the the beginning of the season is that we can't go undefeated and we can't win the Carabao cup. 

Many teams have started slowly and won promotion. Many teams have started well and not. There is holding the club to set the standard, and there is being reactionary. Realistically, only time will tell which goes for both sides. 

This is true, but it's not really just about 2 games, it's about seeing certain problems carrying over from last season, things which cost us a place in the playoffs as they stopped us getting the results we needed against the teams higher up in the league, things which don't seem to have been addressed either tactically or by the signings made so far.

There are many people who would have been labelled a 'numpty' last season for voicing their concerns, but as the season went on it became clear that some of those concerns were justified.

Just now, Kokosnuss said:

This is true, but it's not really just about 2 games, it's about seeing certain problems carrying over from last season, things which cost us a place in the playoffs as they stopped us getting the results we needed against the teams higher up in the league, things which don't seem to have been addressed either tactically or by the signings made so far.

There are many people who would have been labelled a 'numpty' last season for voicing their concerns, but as the season went on it became clear that some of those concerns were justified.

Realistically, how much can you really take away from 180 minutes of football? Did you genuinely think we played poorly against Wigan? I felt it was two pretty evenly matched sides personally. We were pretty crap last night, but bad performances happen. I think the Wigan result is also pretty hard to appraise given the obvious failings were due to player error rather than tactical error. And naturally you can say that the mistakes happened due to the system, I don't really buy that but the thing is that the sample size is so small it's pretty difficult to argue decisively one way or another.

If a supporter after one league game called for a manager out as some have on here, they would have also been a numpty last year. A sample size of one league game and one cup game isn't adequate. 

13 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Poor individual performance. Wildsmith hadn't been constantly busy when he made that mistake, he wasn't under any major pressure, he just fecked it up. Happens. It's also not the manager's fault. 

13 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

So you reckon Wildsmith fooked up because of the way Warne sets up the team inviting pressure 🤔 

Mistakes happen. Yeah okay, why didn't we take advantage of their mistakes?

As I said this is the sort of comments that were accompanying Rosenior's away form.

Call it what you will, but it's not just this season is it? Comments about Warne are based on more than 1 league game.

21 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You say this but one game would have been the difference to us making the play offs last season, I dont get this attitude of "it's only one game" when it's clear that can be the difference between success or not 

I don't think deserved criticism of a poor team makes you a numpty, id say the absolute blind faith and the dismissing of the importance of picking up points does

1 minute ago, Stockyram92 said:

You say this but one game would have been the difference to us making the play offs last season, I dont get this attitude of "it's only one game" when it's clear that can be the difference between success or not 

I don't think deserved criticism of a poor team makes you a numpty, id say the absolute blind faith and the dismissing of the importance of picking up points does

Saturday was not the first or the last time we'll drop points this season. Every other team will drop points. Having a tantrum and screaming about Warne over one league defeat is unhelpful. And let's be real, that's mostly what this is. Some people have put valid concerns forward about style of play, but there are many people just using any excuse for a dig at Warne. 

We have 45 games to go. If we're good enough to go up, we've ample time to prove it. If we're not, then Warne has failed, and it was about more than just the Wigan game. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Saturday was not the first or the last time we'll drop points this season. Every other team will drop points. Having a tantrum and screaming about Warne over one league defeat is unhelpful. And let's be real, that's mostly what this is. Some people have put valid concerns forward about style of play, but there are many people just using any excuse for a dig at Warne. 

We have 45 games to go. If we're good enough to go up, we've ample time to prove it. If we're not, then Warne has failed, and it was about more than just the Wigan game. 

Its not about having a dig at warne at all, im pretty sure if we were seeing the same things under any manager they would be getting the same criticism 

6 minutes ago, sage said:

Last 20 games. Won 6 Drew 5 and Lost 9

I'm not calling for him to be sacked but anyone who thinks he isn't under pressure is in Dreamland.

Why 20 games? Is that a valuable arbitrary cut off point? If you factored in 25 games, the stats are 11 - 5 - 9. You have included our slump in form, and cut it off right before we came to form. That's a blatantly cherry picked statistic. 

3 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

Its not about having a dig at warne at all, im pretty sure if we were seeing the same things under any manager they would be getting the same criticism 

If that is true, (I don't believe it is) it's more of a damning indictment of our fans that anything. It is **TWO** games into a new season. With a new squad. Lots of teams start slowly, the meltdown is so overblown. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

If that is true, (I don't believe it is) it's more of a damning indictment of our fans that anything. It is **TWO** games into a new season. With a new squad. Lots of teams start slowly, the meltdown is so overblown. 

Last season we had a team thrown together at the last minute, no real pre season and we didn't look anywhere near as much of a mess as we do now, so I can see why some people see that argument as a bit of a cop out