v Blackpool (H) Match Thread

Ambitious

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I criticised his managerial ability. That’s it. Hyperbolic yes, but that’s what this forum is for, to express your views on those associated with Derby County. It wasn’t a personal insult, else I’d have been given a warning (which I have been previously for a comment I made about Mason Bennett, which I stand by given what he did). I’m sure Paul Warne is a nice guy to have a drink with, if you’re into his sort of charectar. He’s just a crap football manager.

Look the David Brent stuff is personal and a little sad that it’s used to slate a bloke who clearly goes out of his way to treat people with decency, then not fit to manage a Sunday league side when the bloke has 3 recent promotion s from this division on his cv is just pathetic foot stamping , that said is he right for derby ? Who knows , it may be too big for him , may be too high pressure high profile , if you want to talk that them im happy but the post I pulled you on is just bile filled garbage , may not be enough for a warning from mods but bile filled garbage non the less , I read your views on derby and football , I go to games , I ducking hate us losing and I give stick out too but I’ve not got any time for the post you made , you stand by it then fair play 🤷🏻‍♂️

If I had one warne question at this point it would be , have we been top heavy on fitness pre season with not enough on organisation , shape and patterns of play , of course I could be way off the mark but it’s my very simplistic nod to what I’ve seen with my own eyes and heard on commo over the two opening games 🤷🏻‍♂️

29 minutes ago, Archied said:

Look the David Brent stuff is personal and a little sad that it’s used to slate a bloke who clearly goes out of his way to treat people with decency, then not fit to manage a Sunday league side when the bloke has 3 recent promotion s from this division on his cv is just pathetic foot stamping , that said is he right for derby ? Who knows , it may be too big for him , may be too high pressure high profile , if you want to talk that them im happy but the post I pulled you on is just bile filled garbage , may not be enough for a warning from mods but bile filled garbage non the less , I read your views on derby and football , I go to games , I ducking hate us losing and I give stick out too but I’ve not got any time for the post you made , you stand by it then fair play 🤷🏻‍♂️

Goes out of his way to treat people with decency? Try telling that to Max Bird! Those comments yesterday weren’t treating anyone with decency.

The only bile filled garbage here is you accusing me of being the sort of fan that would abuse billy sharp.

8 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I am typically positive in my views and have always looked to back that up by sharing my rationale and thinking.

I’ve read several posts this last week from people boldly claiming there’s a group of fans who won’t hear criticism of Warne, and this odd stance that does almost seem like revelling in the team’s and therefore the fan’s misery just to have an “I told you so moment” from certain quarters.
I’m all for an open dialogue that includes both praise and criticism of Warne and the team, provided it’s backed up by rationale thinking and isn’t just some binary stance of you’re either pro or anti Warne. It’s almost a microcosm of the way society is at the moment following a certain European exit, people staking their claim for one cause of the other with no room for nuance and sensible discourse.

Clearly the 3 at the back isn’t working so far this season. There is a need for pace in the side. There’s a need for more creativity. Those are sensible and logical observations several posters have made and I understand those. The bit I don’t like is the posts that seem to be more personal insults and underlying malice aimed at Warne, where his apparent intent has only been to do well for the club and aim to succeed. Yes he’s not delivering on those expectations but why does it have to become a personal thing rather than a professional one? Things like attacking Warne’s values and approach to morale building, what’s wrong with having a “why wall” theoretically presenting the players with a visual reminder of their motivations? If it’s not for you, fine, but it seems a strange thing to attack. Posts ridiculing his focus on good characters, the intent to recruit the “right personalities” into the playing staff makes absolute sense, especially as they are all (allegedly based on the last 2 games) experienced professional footballers. How he then blends and motivates that group is the challenge. Those are just a couple of points to pick out, there’s plenty more that seem more personal to the man than simple criticism of his tactics or the like.
The performances the last 2 games haven’t been good enough. The bit that always stands out for me is when I listen to what Warne is saying like in the above video, he knows that, and highlights the points.
So the questions then become what is he doing about them and how does he change it? I think it needs to be a switch to a back 4 for the weekend, either 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 to provide a more solid platform to the side. 

Did you watch the game or hear the Radio Derby interview?

For the vast majority of those people complaining about Warne, this was a tipping point.

Just now, sage said:

Did you watch the game or hear the Radio Derby interview?

For the vast majority of those people complaining about Warne, this was a tipping point.

I didn’t watch the game, I didn’t hear the radio Derby interview. I’m not disputing/defending the criticism of Warne’s tactics, the team’s performance, or his comments. 
I am commenting on my own opinion that none of that needs to become personal to the man. Clearly it’s not how some people think but I’m of the belief that you can comment on how the 3 at the back doesn’t work, or how the pressing doesn’t work, or how the team doesn’t appear to have connected yet despite pre season without attacking a person’s beliefs or values. 

42 minutes ago, Archied said:

If I had one warne question at this point it would be , have we been top heavy on fitness pre season with not enough on organisation , shape and patterns of play , of course I could be way off the mark but it’s my very simplistic nod to what I’ve seen with my own eyes and heard on commo over the two opening games 🤷🏻‍♂️

We don't look fit according to a number of observers so the full pre-season looks a bit underwhelming to say the least.

Expectations were higher given we....

- weren't throwing a team together last minute

- had a full pre-season with the permanent man in charge

All a bit flat atm

8 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I didn’t watch the game, I didn’t hear the radio Derby interview. I’m not disputing/defending the criticism of Warne’s tactics, the team’s performance, or his comments. 
I am commenting on my own opinion that none of that needs to become personal to the man. Clearly it’s not how some people think but I’m of the belief that you can comment on how the 3 at the back doesn’t work, or how the pressing doesn’t work, or how the team doesn’t appear to have connected yet despite pre season without attacking a person’s beliefs or values. 

Very few made it personal to Warne till he made it personal to our best young players.

Many of us were previously frustrated and offered constructive criticism but last night crossed a line.

28 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Goes out of his way to treat people with decency? Try telling that to Max Bird! Those comments yesterday weren’t treating anyone with decency.

The only bile filled garbage here is you accusing me of being the sort of fan that would abuse billy sharp.

Did he say max bird ? 
you want to call warne a fictional pathetic comedy character and say he is not fit to manage a Sunday league team when his record is clearly very decent at a decent level , bile , grow up

1 minute ago, Archied said:

Did he say max bird ? 
you want to call warne a fictional pathetic comedy character and say he is not fit to manage a Sunday league team when his record is clearly very decent at a decent level , bile , grow up

No, and that probably makes it even worse. Any idiot can see that’s who he meant. He’s sniping at his players without even having the balls to name them.

Yeah, cause that clearly wasn’t a joke. And it clearly equates to chanting vile stuff about Billy Sharp. You keep telling yourself that.

12 minutes ago, sage said:

Very few made it personal to Warne till he made it personal to our best young players.

Many of us were previously frustrated and offered constructive criticism but last night crossed a line.

42 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Please could someone share with me the interview where Warne personally criticised Max Bird or made it personal to our best young players…….the only interview I’ve heard is the BBC Radio Derby and the official DCFC interview. He did neither of these things in either of those interviews.

Also, for those at the game booing could I understand were you booing the Manager or the players or both? Did you exempt our best young players and Max Bird from the booing? 

Edited by Dava75

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

No, and that probably makes it even worse. Any idiot can see that’s who he meant. He’s sniping at his players without even having the balls to name them.

I mean what are you basing that off? He gave no mention, nor did he even elude to a particular player, so your post is pure conjecture that you seem to be pretending is a fact. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I mean what are you basing that off? He gave no mention, nor did he even elude to a particular player, so your post is pure conjecture that you seem to be pretending is a fact. 

He mentioned players heads have turned due to interest in them. We can instantly rule out his new signings and injured players.

Their have been zero links to Wildsmith, Forsytg, Thompson, Rooney, Smith and Hourihane leaving. Which leaves only Cashin, Bird and Collins. bird is the only one with interest which has been officially confirmed.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

He mentioned players heads have turned due to interest in them. We can instantly rule out his new signings and injured players.

Their have been zero links to Wildsmith, Forsytg, Thompson, Rooney, Smith and Hourihane leaving. Which leaves only Cashin, Bird and Collins. bird is the only one with interest which has been officially confirmed.

Can you only have your head turned by moves the press knows about?

22 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

Please could someone share with me the interview where Warne personally criticised Max Bird or made it personal to our best young players…….the only interview I’ve heard is the BBC Radio Derby and the official DCFC interview. He did neither of these things in either of those interviews.

Also, for those at the game booing could I understand were you booing the Manager or the players or both? Did you exempt our best young players and Max Bird from the booing? 

'Heads turned'

Everyone knows who he means.

Deflecting blame like a third rate politician. 

Your last paragraph is bizarre. I don't know where to begin with that. 

10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Can you only have your head turned by moves the press knows about?

Nowadays it's uncommon for news of interest to get leaked. 

Who else played last night and wasn't a new signing? Hourihane, Smith, Thompson and Forsyth. 1 is his new captain, whislt the other 3 actually put a half decent shift in.

Since you're adamant it wasnt Bird he was referring to, who do you think it is? 

I was both at the match and listened to the Radio Derby interview.

the first half was beyond dreadful. I don’t have the words for it.

the interview really got me. He needs to let his staff take those interviews if he can’t control his words any better, as it will have done untold damage - look how it’s splitting us, so goodness knows how the dressing room will feel.

As a result, people are now calling out players on the basis of what could have been a throw away line that he didn’t even mean.

if Bird was one of the players he was citing, he showed loyalty last season by sticking with us and this is how he’s rewarded - lack of respect. 

it goes against everything Warne seems to stand for, in terms of treating people. 

Also, appreciate ity very early days, but might Hourihane be one of those players who doesn’t play well when they’re made captain? 
I remember a player before who just seemed weighed down by it - sorry can’t remember who! 

feel very sad about a mess that could and should have been avoided 

the wheels can come off quicker than anyone can say bobble hat - let’s hope we get back on track calmly and quickly 

26 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Nowadays it's uncommon for news of interest to get leaked. 

Who else played last night and wasn't a new signing? Hourihane, Smith, Thompson and Forsyth. 1 is his new captain, whislt the other 3 actually put a half decent shift in.

Since you're adamant it wasnt Bird he was referring to, who do you think it is? 

No idea. Nor do I find it instructive to speculate.