David McGoldrick

angieram

14 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I have seen notts country fans dont like him they think he is slow and slow there attack to much if they dont want we have him back in a heart beat but how likely it is they might release him if they do come on warn get on the phone bring him back too pp.

Didzy may be slow in the legs, but he's quick in the head

On 19/08/2023 at 00:06, B4ev6is said:

What so funny I am serious if I was warn I be ring up to notts county to see if I deal can be done.

Ignore it mate.

Ref your question, it's one or two posters really, nothing more and I suspect Didzy will find his scoring boots soon enough anyway. More importantly, he's gone there to play out his final games at the club he loves, so sadly, he won't be packing up shop and moving back to Derby after a couple of games, or ever 😕

1 hour ago, Comrade 86 said:

Ignore it mate.

Ref your question, it's one or two posters really, nothing more and I suspect Didzy will find his scoring boots soon enough anyway. More importantly, he's gone there to play out his final games at the club he loves, so sadly, he won't be packing up shop and moving back to Derby after a couple of games, or ever 😕

Well a player wanted a move after 24 hours after one game.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

I would not let him leave in the first place I would have gave him what ever he wanted to keep him at derby.

You would have had to give him Notts County then because apparently that's what he wanted.

18 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I would gave him a longer contract and more money to make him stay.

He’s nearly 36 mate how long a contract would you give him, also my understanding is we offered more money than Notts county he just wanted to see out his career at the team he supports, in this age of greed in football I applaud didzy for that. We are also still under embargo we can’t just offer players more money unfortunately 

23 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Sometimes that isn't enough. A bit like asking a man to forget the woman he loves and settle for a rich one he doesn't! 😬

57 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Ah, yes because that approach has done wonders for us over the years hasn't it!?  Fans want football clubs to be run more sensibly and sustainably... right up to the point that they decide we need to throw money around like confetti again either because we lose, because we miss out on a signing (often only allegedly) or a player leaves for pastures new. 

He had a great season last year, but fact is he is only getting older and the club had to decide whether it was sensible to offer him a longer contract and more money if it meant not being able to strengthen elsewhere or look at longer term prospects. Probably made the right decision in the long run.

• 3 months later...