Omari Kellyman

Jubbs

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Semantics.

Not at all. They are being forced to sell a player they rate highly and would surely want to keep all because they have overstretched themselves financially. There are no doubt fans on their side frustrated he could be worth £30m this time next year and because of financial mismanagement they miss out. They aren't "getting round" anything. They're paying the penalty of bad decision making.

21 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Not at all. They are being forced to sell a player they rate highly and would surely want to keep all because they have overstretched themselves financially. There are no doubt fans on their side frustrated he could be worth £30m this time next year and because of financial mismanagement they miss out. They aren't "getting round" anything. They're paying the penalty of bad decision making.

You’re telling me Kellyman is worth £20 million and Villa genuinely want to sign Lewis Dobbin?

I have a bridge you may be interested in.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

It's playing the system to get round ffp or whatever it is in the prem and its being done openly and in plain sight.

Academy prospects being used as pawns as ownership groups play chess to avoid sanctions and ao that can sign more big money internationals.

Imagine some of these young lads will then be loaned out, again making the club money for their balance sheets.

Football is not the game it was. Sad.

23 minutes ago, Srg said:

It’s a PSR racket. Basically money laundering. 

To be fair, the Everton-Newcastle signings are the exact sort of signings that you'd expect both clubs to make. Neither are academy graduate players, either, so don't fall into the "pure profit" bracket that the other moves do.

39 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Explain ? 

Well.. I don’t know how it works but if Villa receive 4 million a year for the five years of his contract and we’re entitled to 25% of any fee, we’d be getting a million a year- unless my maths is off which is perfectly possible

6 hours ago, Jram said:

Well.. I don’t know how it works but if Villa receive 4 million a year for the five years of his contract and we’re entitled to 25% of any fee, we’d be getting a million a year- unless my maths is off which is perfectly possible

whats the rule for this ? I keep seeing we are entitled to 25% but if he was signed through compensation intially, why would we get anything. I think we have been done over unfortunately. 

15 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

whats the rule for this ? I keep seeing we are entitled to 25% but if he was signed through compensation intially, why would we get anything. I think we have been done over unfortunately. 

7 year old article, but I think we are still under the same system.

https://www.leathesprior.co.uk/news/compensation-for-players-under-24-a-mystery

No fixed rule it seems, but convention.

"In deciding on a compensation figure, it is not uncommon for the PFCC to set fees that build as the player becomes more established at first team level. It has now become quite usual for clubs to receive a basic compensation fee with further payments becoming due on the player’s debut, following a certain numbers of first-team appearances and after international appearances. It is also usual for there to be a sell-on fee should the player be sold at a profit at any point in the future."

4 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

7 year old article, but I think we are still under the same system.

https://www.leathesprior.co.uk/news/compensation-for-players-under-24-a-mystery

No fixed rule it seems, but convention.

"In deciding on a compensation figure, it is not uncommon for the PFCC to set fees that build as the player becomes more established at first team level. It has now become quite usual for clubs to receive a basic compensation fee with further payments becoming due on the player’s debut, following a certain numbers of first-team appearances and after international appearances. It is also usual for there to be a sell-on fee should the player be sold at a profit at any point in the future."

thats wicked. Never knew that. Hopefully we do profit from this deal then

On 22/06/2024 at 21:45, Dartmouth Ram said:

25% sell on clause apparently. That'd increase the summer transfer budget very nicely. Also, it's nice to see one of these pay off given how much the academy's been stripped off over recent years.

Got a lot of time for this guy, his Derby podcast is the only one I’ve consistently listened to in recent years

But I feel like he’s posted the “good news” slightly disingenuously for clicks

While it is potentially good news, we barely have a grasp of what that’s going to actually look like, will it be paid in instalments etc.

Fingers crossed but don’t think this will be as transformative for the transfer budget as that tweet suggests, so maybe a bit irresponsible to put those expectations out there and start bandying around a theoretical lump sum figure.

On 31/08/2023 at 19:57, AndyinLiverpool said:

Thanks Morris

Sorry, I know this was a year ago, I’m not aiming this at you either

I see this all the time, how him putting us administration ripped apart the academy - which I don’t dispute it did.

But without the money he invested into the academy in the first place, how many of these lads would we have even had?

15 hours ago, cannable said:

Sorry, I know this was a year ago, I’m not aiming this at you either

I see this all the time, how him putting us administration ripped apart the academy - which I don’t dispute it did.

But without the money he invested into the academy in the first place, how many of these lads would we have even had?

Quite a few, this lad was born in Derby and I believe joined the academy before MM era.

There are a lot of rules around academies and signing outside of a radius etc...that protects the younger kids from the bigger boys, although cat 1 status is appealing and protects you in other ways.

What MM did, was give us a great academy set up and to be fair that could be seen as his legacy. 

Not quite the 25% some would have had you believe, nor no sell-on whatsover as others would have had you believe.

£19m less £600k original fee gives a sell-on fee of £2.76m. Not too bad, if yet another indication that valuable players were starting to flow through the academy if MM had stayed at the roulette table a bit longer. Hey ho.