3 signings, 1 common theme

Day

4 hours ago, SK47 said:

I'm liking the way they're sorting out the team from back to front, as it should be. Warne gets points for doing the obvious which was getting wing backs. This alone is going to drag us up the table as will create more chances.

I think ‘drag’ may be underestimating PW and his teams plan Makeup Face GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I have limited IT skills. Please could you set up a poll for me please asking the question.

Do you come on to this forum for

A) reliable information/solid rumours about the Rams, or

B) for the other old shyte.

Come come old boy, I know you may get called many thing. But refering to yourself as B seems a little harsh.

9 hours ago, David said:

Not one of the three were linked to us or even mentioned in the slightest by any media outlet or journalist before they signed.

I quite like it. 

Just to quote myself here and clear up any confusion.

I'm talking about credible transfer rumours that claim we will or interested in signing any of the 3.

Not transfer suggestions where Tom, Dick, Eric or FLW say we should sign them.

10 minutes ago, David said:

Just to quote myself here and clear up any confusion.

I'm talking about credible transfer rumours that claim we will or interested in signing any of the 3.

Not transfer suggestions where Tom, Dick, Eric or FLW say we should sign them.

Not clear enough. What about an article that Oldben finds?

11 hours ago, David said:

Not one of the three were linked to us or even mentioned in the slightest by any media outlet or journalist before they signed.

I quite like it. 

I'd been meaning to post something similar over the last few days. While a lot of people seem to what to know all the gossip, surely they must understand it's best for the club to do our business stealthily? And surely we all want what's best for the club?

Very glad I didn't start the thread though, as I'd now be forced into multiple posts saying a transfer suggestion is NOT a transfer rumour!

12 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Someone mentioned Ward 10 days or so ago 🤔

Been told today we are in advanced talks to sign Joe ward from Peterborough from a bloke at work who knows him, between us and charlton but again, no credibility as yet so could start a twitter rumour like most on that 🤪

18 hours ago, David said:

I quite like it. 

Disappointong thread. I thought we were going to see a clever chant that ties together our 3 new signings. No such luck, would have definitely caught on in the south stand.

13 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

What David means ( I think) is that no journalists reported it as nearly done or that we’d even offered a contract to them. 

Normally our transfers are the worst kept secrets in football. 

Not last summer either.

Social media at its best. You make a statement and everyone spends time they could usefully be doing something else, determined to prove you wrong. 

I love how our recruitment isn’t leaking info. Nicko used to really wind me up, like he was camping out Bielsa style at Moor Farm. He’s been blissfully absent from my Twitter.