Pizza cup

Ilsonram12

Do Derby fans care about the pizza trophy lol? Where is it in terms of your priority list for the season. Obviously the league is first but I think having it as added on silverware would be really nice and for me lands 2nd in terms of priority. 

39 minutes ago, JakeDCFC said:

Do Derby fans care about the pizza trophy lol? Where is it in terms of your priority list for the season. Obviously the league is first but I think having it as added on silverware would be really nice and for me lands 2nd in terms of priority. 

About the same level as me belling Mel Morris and asking him if he’d like to go for a pint.

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

Glorified friendlies until you get to knockouts if you do, then take it more seriously. Let's face, a day out at Wembley and trophy is something everyone would like. But I certainly wouldn't put much into the competition until it starts progressing.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel about it the more I think of it 

1 minute ago, CBX1985 said:

Absolutely, but wouldn't trade a single league point for winning the whole thing.  

Is that a requirement?

We've won points and lost points after Cup games. We've played well and we've played abysmally after resting players for Cup games. 

Edited by RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is that a requirement?

We've won points and lost points after Cup games. We've played well and we've played abysmally after resting players for Cup games. 

Well, no, but was more a turn of phrase to express that it is my view we should not overly exert ourselves in it.  Whilst I think a lean squad is a good idea, it falls down in competitions like this.  Injury prevention is the key, and whilst I would be all up for it on finals day before that it is a luxury we cannot really afford.

To be fair, this is my view in all cup competitions.  

Get rid of Premier League U21 teams.

Make it a knockout competition.

Bring in the Championship clubs after Round 1.

There you go, something that would be far more interesting than the current format.

Or just scrap it and kick Premier League clubs out of the League Cup which would in turn make the FA Cup even more special.

Make it a crap European Cup.

Spanish, Italian, German, Scottish, French etc sides all from their respective lower leagues.