Pizza cup

Ilsonram12

It’s one of those competitions where not many people will care if we got knocked out, but plenty would be interested if we got to the final.

Putting U21 teams in it has killed its credibility to be honest. Good for the teams who have youth teams in it, but not for the EFL sides. I’d probably be more interested in the competition if we had our U21s in it rather than the first team.

2 hours ago, Diego said:

Make it a crap European Cup.

Spanish, Italian, German, Scottish, French etc sides all from their respective lower leagues.

This would be great but the sad reality is it’s not particularly financially feasible for most teams at lower league level. 

On 21/06/2023 at 16:15, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Might be for some.  I detest it .  Right waste of time. The original trophy- Sherpa Van for those who remember, had merits.  Before playoffs it gave perennial division 3 and 4 sides a chance to see their team win at Wembley.  Now it's a load od old crap.

image.png.810ef7da2f292e4b729b195d19046381.png

I tend to agree. For me this tournament is an unpleasant reminder of demise of DCFC. Hopefully we don't get distracted by cup competitions this season, and get on with the absolutely essential business of getting promoted to the championship.