Download festival

BatRam

Any of you lucky sods going to download this year? 

i wish i was but it sold out. I was supposed to get saturday tickets for my fiancée for her birthday like we do every year but it sold out 😕  gutted as 'tallica are the only band left that i want to see off my list.

What bands are you looking forward to seeing ? 

44 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

Any of you lucky sods going to download this year? 

i wish i was but it sold out. I was supposed to get saturday tickets for my fiancée for her birthday like we do every year but it sold out 😕  gutted as 'tallica are the only band left that i want to see off my list.

What bands are you looking forward to seeing ? 

Not going. I’d like to one year. But I was working at castle donnington yesterday, and the traffic was ridiculous. 

29 minutes ago, Bwash_Ram said:

Not going but i dont need to i can hear the bstard from Borrowash, seems louder this year.

I'm OK, I'm In Stenson the noise from the planes drowns out the noise from the bands 😁

Went 3 years in a row 2013-2015, because where I work was based on Donington Park so I just drove to work and left the car there free of charge

Haven't been back since and can't be arsed tbh. don't really like 'festival bands', I've lost track of what smaller UK bands are any good (and smaller US bands can't afford to play tour here anymore) and tbh I simply don't seem to get very much out of listening to music these days, haven't been to a gig since before the pandemic.

Edited by Kokosnuss

They've massively f***** up the organisation of it this year -  extending it to a 4 day event so the music starts a day earlier than usual (today), but not allowing people on site a day earlier than usual to compensate for this. Mega  congestion.

Edited by Kokosnuss

I'm going tomorrow to see evanescence and bring me the horizon, but it seems way louder than usual. I can usually hear it from chellaston if the winds blowing right, but i can hear it as clearly as if i was stood next ti the stage at the moment!

Seen the police put a post up on social media about the noise from the festival last night. Metallica are one of the loudest bands out there, the wind was blowing in the right direction towards the city. Nothing can be done about that. They have to stop playing music well before midnight anyway as part of the license.

What I suspect has tipped a few people over the edge is the horrendous traffic situation adding fuel to the fire, not just in Castle Donington but the south of Derby and the M1 being gridlocked for most of the day. Download has always had poor traffic management but this year they've made it even worse by extending it by a day and not planning it correctly. They need to sort it out.

12 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Would love to have gone but I stupidly knocked my wife up at the wrong time and it’s our daughters birthday on Saturday. 

last time I went was to see Tool on the Sunday of 2019.

I knocked my wife up at the wrong time it was 3am I was pissed and had lost my key, she wasn’t very happy