Download festival

BatRam

I used to go every year from the start (and MoR before that) but I haven’t been since 2019.

I have to say that the line ups have had so many ‘meh’ bands on there that I can’t justify the ticket price.

I reckon there is enough bands for one day that I would appreciate, and they are spread across four days.

It started degrading about ten years ago for me.

Edited by maydrakin

Went yesterday and going again tomorrow. Basically just avoiding the Metallica days 😂

Busiest I've ever seen it - think it's a total sellout? - which almost made it not enjoyable. Huge queues for toilets and food places, and just navigating around the site was pretty difficult.

Also got very sunburnt.

4 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

I will say, that despite not being a metal head Download was probably the best festival I’ve been to.

It was some years when I went though and I saw The Hives and Iggy & The Stooges on the same day 

my first one. Dad took me, watching and singing along to Metallica with my old man, then black sabbath the next year. Cracking festival 

On 08/06/2023 at 20:56, Ramslad1992 said:

Would love to have gone but I stupidly knocked my wife up at the wrong time and it’s our daughters birthday on Saturday. 

last time I went was to see Tool on the Sunday of 2019.

Ironic that you swinging your Tool stopped you from seeing them again this year..