Jason Knight - joined Bristol City

IlsonDerby

4 minutes ago, caymanram said:

PW’s latest comments about Knight leaving and his valuation are not helpful and - speaking as a professional negotiator myself - downright stupid. Honesty is a nice trait but not when negotiating in a situation like this …

As a negotiator I am basically hearing him say that he wants him go (although he might not mean that) and that the ‘non-offensive offers which are almost there’ equate to a selling price of 2m max based on the fact that everyone knows two offers (max being 1.5m) have been turned down.

Sorry, but PW should have just kept it to ‘we want to keep him but realize  that he’s in demand…’.’.

Honesty doesn’t pay dividends when you are selling an asset…

Iv discussed this previously before 

with total utter respect i cant be arsed debating / discussing it again lol 

nothing personal 👍✌️

Edited by NottsRam77

4 minutes ago, caymanram said:

PW’s latest comments about Knight leaving and his valuation are not helpful and - speaking as a professional negotiator myself - downright stupid. Honesty is a nice trait but not when negotiating in a situation like this …

As a negotiator I am basically hearing him say that he wants him go (although he might not mean that) and that the ‘non-offensive offers which are almost there’ equate to a selling price of 2m max based on the fact that everyone knows two offers (max being 1.5m) have been turned down.

Sorry, but PW should have just kept it to ‘we want to keep him but realize  that he’s in demand…’.’.

Honesty doesn’t pay dividends when you are selling an asset…

case-closed-eric-adams.gif

4 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Same for Sibley perhaps?

Sibley was listed on the bench though isn’t he looking at the website?

Edit: Was listed on the bench, now removed and only 10 bench players. Point still stands.

Edited by RamLad1884
Website changed

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

We need Sibley in the team for his goals and attacking threat, need to find a spot for him.

I love Louis and hate seeing local lads leave but his final product in games is very inconsistent. Fine if he stays but wouldn't be world ending if he left.

2 minutes ago, inter politics said:

I love Louis and hate seeing local lads leave but his final product in games is very inconsistent. Fine if he stays but wouldn't be world ending if he left.

Probably because his starts are so inconsistent. Give him a run in the side, 10 games maybe 🤔 

On 07/07/2023 at 13:27, caymanram said:

unless the club asked him to put it out there that offers are close but not close enough, which is what he said. He’s a bit of a self-centred blurter when it comes to interviews but he’s not a fool and it’s hard to believe he’d outreach his remit in the way you’re suggesting. 

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think we would want a bit more for Sibbo and a sell on clause…

seems likely Warne would have asked the club to let it be known he was available for offer. But not much in the way of rumours so most likely outcome is he’ll have yet another season for us on the edge of the first team