Academy thread 23/24

IlsonDerby

It’s back 5 Moore as a RWB Bardell inside him. Richards pushes into the middle as a 3 with Gibson-Hammond and Brown / Oseni up top as a 2.

Richards play as a 10 with Radcliffe and Fapetu behind. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

10 hours ago, ExiledinDerby said:

It’s back 5 Moore as a RWB Bardell inside him. Richards pushes into the middle as a 3 with Gibson-Hammond and Brown / Oseni up top as a 2.

Richards play as a 10 with Radcliffe and Fapetu behind. 

So was it 4-3-3 in the first-half @ExiledinDerby, changing to the 3-5-2 the first-team have been playing after the break?

Edited by Stuniverse

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I didn't catch it but it seemed considerably more competitive than games we were in last season, so some promise at least. If Buxton can turn this U21 side around and do what he did with the U18s then he deserves a lot of credit. Fingers crossed. 

I have no doubt he will. The academy is more stable and new players now being introduced. 

A mid-table finish this season is more than achievable. 

Great game on Friday Vs Liverpool to see where the players are at. And also good to have 2 games close together to get them gelling. 

2 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

No articles about this this game at all on the official site until the match report went up. Shoddy really - if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have known they were playing.

Good point, there was the following tweet (x?) posted by the club’s academy account yesterday but nothing through the main channels of the club;

https://x.com/dcfcacademy/status/1691026887634530304?s=46&t=5dxC5a6lEjJION5FqMiFXQ

Perhaps something to be fed back through one of the fan forum thingys? There seems to be an interest in the academy sides so to grow that the club could definitely be more vocal about it all. 

57 minutes ago, Srg said:

Wish they'd go back to broadcasting some on RamsTV. Used to enjoy watching them.

They couldn’t have broadcast it last night because of the obviously massive impact it would have had on skys viewing figures of the man it’s match!

I know some have said that they don’t know when games for u18/u21 are so a reminder that the u21 will play Liverpool at Moor Farm on Friday evening 7pm KO. It should be a great game and I’d expect the return of Kaide Gordon to Moor Farm…..

Will be a big test for them but after Monday I can see the shoots of recovery starting!

4 hours ago, ExiledinDerby said:

I know some have said that they don’t know when games for u18/u21 are so a reminder that the u21 will play Liverpool at Moor Farm on Friday evening 7pm KO. It should be a great game and I’d expect the return of Kaide Gordon to Moor Farm…..

Will be a big test for them but after Monday I can see the shoots of recovery starting!

I was looking forward to seeing Kaide Gordon but I doubt we will. After being cleared in July to return to training from his long lay-off, Liverpool said they have started him on a careful rehabilitation course to restore him to full body strength. They are confident that he will make a complete recovery before returning to the first team squad through the U21 team. He did not feature against Everton this week.

1 hour ago, Rampant said:

I'm sure this has been covered so apologies in advance for my lazyness in not wanting to re-read the thread.

Are the u21/u18 games on RamsTV/iFollow?

Not since administration. You can catch the occasional game if another club screens it.