Academy thread 23/24

IlsonDerby

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

First time I’ve been to watch the 18’s and I hope it won’t be the last. Football was high quality and technically good from both sides and result could easily have gone the other way. It was also very refreshing to watch a game where the ref was respected by the players (even if he seemed to spend most of his time some distance from the play). 

Must have been a fantastic experience for the lads to play in such a iconic stadium in front of a decent crowd

My 23 year old grandson (works for BBC in Manc, supports Hull City) went to the game v ManU and ‘bumped’ into Warne, Clowes and ex ram Kevin Wilson.  He said Clowes was happy to chat and that Clowes said he ‘may have to put his hand in his pocket’ in Jan. Grandson also said young rams deserved more from the game and was impressed by the ‘lad up front’. Brown?

46 minutes ago, roosram said:

My 23 year old grandson (works for BBC in Manc, supports Hull City) went to the game v ManU and ‘bumped’ into Warne, Clowes and ex ram Kevin Wilson.  He said Clowes was happy to chat and that Clowes said he ‘may have to put his hand in his pocket’ in Jan. Grandson also said young rams deserved more from the game and was impressed by the ‘lad up front’. Brown?

You sure it was Warne, according to some on here he doesn't watch academy games....

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Six 1st year scholars started, with two others coming off the bench. The player who I felt was the best on the pitch was Scanlon (the Man Utd left winger), and he would have been part of that same 1st year scholar group too if not poached from us a couple of years ago.

That's an evocative name for Man U fans  - Albert Scanlon was the MUFC left-winger who survived the Munich Air Crash. There would be something poetic about him making it all the way to their first XI.