Away tickets 23/24

Foreveram

16 hours ago, SKHunter said:

I've done 72 of the current 92 and 256 grounds all told. Footballgroundmap.com is how I know that but I may have forgotten a few through a haze of drink. I watch a lot of non league too. Don't give myself much chance of getting orient in though. Just a mere season ticket holding pensioner. 🍺

A few years ago I was looking at some of my old Derby County tickets. 
Apparently I have been to Preston and Fulham but I have no recollection of going to both games. I even wrote the scores on the back of the ticket.

Been to Leyton Orient but the bus broke down on the outskirts of London only saw the second half.

5 minutes ago, cstand said:

Apparently I have been to Preston and Fulham but I have no recollection of going to both games. I even wrote the scores on the back of the ticket.

Been to Leyton Orient but the bus broke down on the outskirts of London only saw the second half.

I used to be able to remember all the grounds I had been to, but then I got to the point where I thought I’d better start making a list.

A few weeks ago we were having a discussion about Newport, I said I had never been there, then my wife reminded me that we went there last year, a very forgettable place.

Years ago, before sat navs I drove with my young son to Crystal Palace, got stuck in traffic a few miles from the ground and missed the match completely. Years later I finally managed to tick that one off.

4 hours ago, cstand said:

Were you on the Mafaway bus that day ? I was and remember breaking down outside Highgate Cemetery (final resting place of Karl Marx)

7 hours ago, cstand said:

2 hours ago, SILVERFOXTHERAMSFAN said:

Were you on the Mafaway bus that day ? I was and remember breaking down outside Highgate Cemetery (final resting place of Karl Marx)

That was my first thought too, after reading @cstand's post!  👍

... Pay the Tube (keep the tickets) and get cash back off the coach driver when we got back... still waiting for the replacement bus to arrive... handy pub across the road... (Some royal connection?  King George?  King's Head?  Something along those lines? 🤷‍♂️)
A meticulously choreographed rendition of Oops upside yer head (I said Oops upside yer head)!... I seem to recall a quality but late night, before we finally got back on the road! 

Not one to keep up with the proper drinkers on board...

the-fast-show-rowley-birkin.gif

Happy days... and a great group on those Mafaways.  😁🍻🐏

5 hours ago, Foreveram said:

It’s not an away ticket but not sure which thread to put it in.

This has appeared on the home tickets website but with no explanation .

Anyone know anything about it.

IMG_0185.png

I don’t think we could beat 10% of the FA Cup template, let alone 15%. I can’t even remember the last time we reached round x of the FA Cup. I don’t think I will ever get to see Derby play in round x, not unless they bring back the Anglo Italian!

On 21/11/2023 at 19:37, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I don’t think we could beat 10% of the FA Cup template, let alone 15%. I can’t even remember the last time we reached round x of the FA Cup. I don’t think I will ever get to see Derby play in round x, not unless they bring back the Anglo Italian!

Don't mention crosses around here or you'll never hear the end of it.