Pre-Season Friendlies 2023/24

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Here we were! 

20210713_211046.jpg

I remember it well, if you zoom in on the Twigg stand you can see that nearly everyone is wearing a mask.

We were told this was a requirement for entry to the stand and a steward was parading up and down reminding us.

8 hours ago, Foreveram said:

I remember it well, if you zoom in on the Twigg stand you can see that nearly everyone is wearing a mask.

We were told this was a requirement for entry to the stand and a steward was parading up and down reminding us.

Yes, we sat in there for a while but then had a wander for a different perspective. I love non-league grounds for that fact alone. 

The friendlies at Pride Park after this game we were all sat socially distanced, really weird looking back on it now.

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

We're just a little bit nuts, us Derby fans, aren't we?

We've no idea who might be playing but we have to be there! 

Easy to get to by train/car, plus some local fans, few beers, fish and chips, likely nice weather. I'd say it's decidedly less nuts than some of the things we've done over recent years!

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

We're just a little bit nuts, us Derby fans, aren't we?

We've no idea who might be playing but we have to be there! 

Saul Deeney in goal for them, 40 years old now.

We have regularly played our under 21s in friendlies there but this is the first time we have took the first team squad for 9 years.

Got my tickets last night thanks to B4's heads up on here. I'm not really bothered what the lineup or result is, the joy of being able to buy general admission tickets online in a simple 2 minute transaction without having to jump through hoops, create multiple email addresses, buy memberships and attend every away game since Steve Bloomer was a lad has made it worthwhile already