Summer Rumour Mill

sage

5 minutes ago, Chopper said:

If we get Flint and Bradley I can see one starting, one reserve, for the pace reason. If as a rumour flying around was that Warne fancies Rooney going on loan, and if we go for a back 3 then we will need both a starting 3 and a couple of reserves to which we have 1 starter Cashin.

I like Flint, he could offer the spark we need especially in a scrape. He's strong, I'm not too worried about age either, we've lost a bit of experience back there and as much as I want us to finally sign players in the 23-28 age range we might need to bide our time there.

But yes, kudos on keeping things quiet, that is what we need, to get things over the line. Hopefully one of the names we sign will make us go: "Had no idea they were available, what a coup"

Back 3 of Bradley flint and cashin would be a really strong unit. Coupled with pacey wingback getting round on the cover.

I'm fed up of teams turning up at PP with 2 6ft4 cbs who win 99% of their battles and look like Bobby Moore against us.

We need some of that. Imo it's been why our away from has been poor for years. We need height and strength at the back at this level. They can head it, boot it, block it and pass it 5 yards to a better player if needed.

11 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I don’t think “Flint on Friday “ is going to get Bed Wetting fellow fans all steamed up. A 25 goal striker would be a different story.🤞

Don’t need one man to score 25. Wingers and midfielders who get more than we’ve got would help for a start. And obviously anyone to start instead of Collins. 

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Don’t need one man to score 25. Wingers and midfielders who get more than we’ve got would help for a start. And obviously anyone to start instead of Collins. 

Or alongside him? McGoldrick is gone, Collins and him whilst good pals didn’t really work as a 2. Collins and Alfie May, that might work, one lump of a workhorse getting his 10-15 goals and one playing off the shoulder and making runs….

Collins has his limits, he did however score a few and some of his finishing was decent in moments. He’ll have a part to play this season I think, not as the main man but as part of the squad effort. 

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Or alongside him? McGoldrick is gone, Collins and him whilst good pals didn’t really work as a 2. Collins and Alfie May, that might work, one lump of a workhorse getting his 10-15 goals and one playing off the shoulder and making runs….

Collins has his limits, he did however score a few and some of his finishing was decent in moments. He’ll have a part to play this season I think, not as the main man but as part of the squad effort. 

No ta, seen enough of him to not want us to go into a season relying on him as a starter. Ideally he would’ve been 4th choice, but with McGoldrick gone, it’ll likely be 3rd. 

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

If we get Flint and Bradley I can see one starting, one reserve, for the pace reason. If as a rumour flying around was that Warne fancies Rooney going on loan, and if we go for a back 3 then we will need both a starting 3 and a couple of reserves to which we have 1 starter Cashin.

I like Flint, he could offer the spark we need especially in a scrape. He's strong, I'm not too worried about age either, we've lost a bit of experience back there and as much as I want us to finally sign players in the 23-28 age range we might need to bide our time there.

But yes, kudos on keeping things quiet, that is what we need, to get things over the line. Hopefully one of the names we sign will make us go: "Had no idea they were available, what a coup"

That would be a shame.  He's always looked a reasonable player at this level when he's played.

If we're in a position to loan Rooney out then I'll be very, very happy. I don't see that being the case - or at the very least not until very late into the window, i.e. deadline day. 

He looks very comfortable at this level though, so should have interest from teams in our division. As it stands, he's starting and we will need at least 5-6 defensive players before he becomes surplus - 3 centre backs, plus 2-3 wing backs before we even think about getting him out. 

Edited by Ambitious

27 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Not a chance we've got the kind of cash Peterborough will want lying around to get him in.

Perhaps we have a player they might fancy as part of a deal.  We'd have to convince them a 3 yr deal at Posh was better than being here though. Easily sorted.

35a8b6bc-62de-47b0-9467-e2a6995d0f52_tex

Albie Morgan has gone to Blackpool - not one on our radar, but thought it was worth a mention. Charlton fans anticipated he would go to a League Two side, so they're pretty surprised that he's managed to go to a promotion rival - especially on a long-term deal. 

9 hours ago, Srg said:

We Don’t need a 25 goal striker , Wow is Mason Mount coming home ? 

36 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

We Don’t need a 25 goal striker , Wow is Mason Mount coming home ? 

Have a quick look up how many goals Plymouth’s strikers got last year as a prime example of why there’s more than one way to do it. 

15 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

He doesn't need to set the world on fire.  He only needs to contribute more than Stearman and Chester. 

Surely the club have better targets lined up for starting CB.

What happened to getting more players in their prime?