Summer Rumour Mill

sage

11 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Not necessarily a free transfer from them comments. 

No idea who the player is though, if it’s someone who’s been linked maybe it’s Lapado.

It does sound like it mate.

To me it sounds like he's a free agent who is wanting a champ move. Warne has tried to sign him.

Window shuts and then he's available to get if he's not moved.

So has to be a free agent?

I seem to remember John-Jules being a threat in our successful u18 season. Obviously had a few injury issues that have curbed his progress, but could hopefully be a fantastic bit of business. If it’s 6 months it probably helps us in case he gets another long term injury and we need to use his loan spot in January for someone else.

Edited by roboto

31 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Here's one that ticks a fair few boxes...

✔ midfielder

✔ "gazumped by a championship club"

✔ "very, very good player"

and most importantly of all...

✔ a Rotherham player*

*For those on here who like to spin a particular false narrative 😁

Knows Warne from Rotherham, decides to sign elsewhere...that's another box ticked 😉 😜 

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

In the latest Derby Telegraph article Warne has said they're is a player he's been trying to sign this summer who has essentially been holding out for a Championship move, which as of yet, has not materialised. 

Then if it gets to the end of the window and he's not signed anywhere. Then we'll try and get him.

So whoever it is, is currently a free agent. 

Any guesses?

Most likely a midfielder based on who is available on a free. Can't see it being a defender, as it seemed like Warne was happy with the defensive options early in pre-season, and those plans appeared to change when players were slow at returning from injury (and others picked up injuries). Could still be a loan signing though?

These are the free agents I think are most likely: 

WB: Steven Sessegnon, Todd Kane, Geroge Cox
CM: Stefan Johansen, Han-Noah Massengo, Josh Onomah, Luke Amos, Dennis Adeniran, Daniel Batty
W: Tariqe Fosu, Josh Martin
CF: Lyle Taylor, Connor Wickham

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Most likely a midfielder based on who is available on a free. Can't see it being a defender, as it seemed like Warne was happy with the defensive options early in pre-season, and those plans appeared to change when players were slow at returning from injury (and others picked up injuries). Could still be a loan signing though?

CM: Stefan Johansen, Han-Noah Massengo, Josh Onomah, Luke Amos, Dennis Adeniran, Daniel Batty

I imagine Sessegnon or Fosu

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Of them. The only ones I can think would be waiting for a Champ move are Johansen, Onomah and Fosu.

Not sure who Josh Martin or Daniel Batty are.

29 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Seen a lot of Ipswich fans saying he’s good, was just unlucky with injury. I hate how much derby fans I’ve seen on Twitter already saying he’s useless, and a poor signing etc. let him play before making judgement 

Standard of our fans. Only get excited for big names, but then wonder what drove us into admin and league one in the first place... oh and what's underperforming within what we have right now.

Look at attributes for what we need. We need pace, athleticism and younger players. Ticks all those boxes. This guy was very very highly rated at the same time we had Sibley, Knight, Bird etc in the u18s. If we can keep him fit, he could be the perfect signing.

41 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Seen a lot of Ipswich fans saying he’s good, was just unlucky with injury. I hate how much derby fans I’ve seen on Twitter already saying he’s useless, and a poor signing etc. let him play before making judgement 

It's what our fans do best mate. I saw a couple say "No thanks" 

Now unless they watched the 17 games he played for Ipswich I'm not sure how they can pass judgement.

58 minutes ago, 1884NSR said:

Listening to Warne. I would suggest one of these isn’t Tyrece Fornah. He said they both offer pace and creativity neither of which Fornah does.

I think Warne has a different idea of the definition of creativity compared to some of us!

If the ball moves from our end to theirs that's filed under creative in Warneball.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Someone on X asked who's behind Rooney?

image.png.238bc65488f1e1d50dd22f08baa65d3e.png

Could be Tony Weston, the U21 forward signed from Rangers but now I've seen Eoghan's reply I'll bow to him.

Edited by Brailsford Ram