Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Just now, Woodley Ram said:

Not getting all this sack Warne stuff, 3 games into a season. Lots of time to put this right starting on Saturday.

We dont need short termism. That only creates more issues. We need to build under the same manager

That only works if it's the right manager

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Basically what I alluded to the other day in another post - for what it’s worth we should always stick to our budget because we know what happens when we don’t 

We also have the EFL over our shoulder - we're not under restrictions but there is a but to that, and if we go grossly outside of what we agreed with them previously they might stop playing nice with us.

Plus it's very likely that the budget from DC has been set pretty firmly, on an "I can afford this sustainability, so that's what you've got to play with" which 8s not a penniless budget for league 1 by his own words.

1 minute ago, Woodley Ram said:

True, but Warne does have a habit at getting out of L1 with Rotherham, not any other team. We are always in search of the man with the silver bullet. We will be up there at the end of the season.  

FIFY

21 minutes ago, roboto said:

Yes, we come top by average age, but if you took loans out of that list I don't think we'd be top then. What's most interesting to me is the fact that other teams have all been utilising the loan market and we've not made any moves in that regard at all.

We've been told (or led to believe) that the best players will become available for loan towards the end of the window, but is this actually true?

I was kind of expecting Portsmouth level activity over the summer. A couple of cheap signings, some loans, some frees and a low average age. But for whatever reason, it hasn't happened. Couple of weeks of window left before we really hit the panic stations.

Excluding loans, you're right but only just

signings3.JPG.3287e79d24dc978a2dffa569cb85b0b2.JPG

We haven't had Portsmouth level activity because we've targeted a certain type of player, at a certain expense which eats up the budget more quickly.

Here's their activity.

porsmouthsignings.thumb.JPG.e808c03d44bee0a501e925de225e5203.JPG

35 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Excluding loans, you're right but only just

signings3.JPG.3287e79d24dc978a2dffa569cb85b0b2.JPG

We haven't had Portsmouth level activity because we've targeted a certain type of player, at a certain expense which eats up the budget more quickly.

Here's their activity.

porsmouthsignings.thumb.JPG.e808c03d44bee0a501e925de225e5203.JPG

Poole, Robertson and Sparkes would have been great signings 

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Midfielder sounds like the Fornah rumour coming to fruition.

The more legs everywhere because we've been caught on the counter comment would seem to add a bit of validity to the Yiadom rumours, as he'd be quicker than our current defenders and give us different formation options.

Then a little bit about attackers at the end of the video, but it doesn't sound close there. I think we need to see how Waghorn and Washington take their chances at starting along with returns for Barkhuizen and Sibley. Midfield and defence needs to be the focus again after the start we've had to the season.

Funny how we were joking about winning all our matches 1-0 before the season, now we'd be very happy if that was the case.