Summer Rumour Mill

sage

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Warne is wasting him so we may as well sell. Or get a different manager?

Even if he didn't make the high Prem grade Brighton would easily make back their investment!

Oh hello - Derby using Percy once again to drum up interest in one of our players. 

Question is, will Clowes give the cash to Warne to spend? Or, will he use it to sack him?

🤔

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

At no point have I tried to talk about his progression, or Warne. Not every conversation on this forum has to turn into a binary perspective on whether you like Paul Warne or not. Nor does it have to involve some sort of dismissive thinly veiled dig. My opinion is just a valid as yours.
My point is simply that if Brighton are actually interested in one of our players, a club that finished in the top 6 of the premier league last season and have plenty of money then it is realistic to accept we might sell them one of our promising players, because they’re a top 6 premier league club and we’re a league one club recently out of admin. 

It isn't you keep bringing that up. I am simply stating the place Cashin and Derby find themselves in. He's not progressing in the current team. Why would Brighton offer a decent amount for a player whose head they have 'turned', who they can get for compo money? 

You keep ignoring that these are pertinent points and going on and on about how much I talk about Warne. Wait, is that Warne who is the current team manger? 😄

6 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Oh hello - Derby using Percy once again to drum up interest in one of our players. 

Question is, will Clowes give the cash to Warne to spend? Or, will he use it to sack him?

🤔

Come on then, no-one has made a suggestion that seems likely yet, how much are they offering? (Ie how much to sack Warne? 😄 )

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Come on then, no-one has made a suggestion that seems likely yet, how much are they offering? (Ie how much to sack Warne? 😄 )

Like he said if people want him out and protest he will walk. Alls we need is a poster on here to generate signs and we can get him out for free albeit paying for materials and time. I'm sure @Millenniumram would do it no question asked. 

21 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

As the Brighton thing has popped back up I will mention what I heard about ten days ago.

Warne wanted both Bird and Cashin sold and at that point and was wanting £2 million for the pair to go fund another bout of spending but the club value them higher than that at this point of their contracts with Pearce wanting around £5 million for the pair. This apparently this has led to lot of friction behind the scenes. 
personally I think Pearce is right especially as it’s Brighton and Hull involved, with their level of experience in the championship and their age.

Based on what I see warne doing with money and his get anybody in who says yes philosophy I don’t trust his judgment or the type of team selection or method of play we have been witnessing. I don’t blame the two young lads involved but it seems they are being blamed based on various interviews aired recently?

we will soon only have third division standard players and I know that’s where we are currently but I for one want to see hope for the future and currently I have little optimism.

Do you think this is the stuff that Warne was dropping hints about post match yesterday? Do we have a 'power struggle' going on?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If we believe what I have just read on the last couple of pages, EFL restrictions would mean we can still not spend on transfer fees, but we could use it to balance the books (and therefore pay off a manager's contract).

Clowes stated last year that although we were not allowed to pay transfer fees, we were allowed to pay compo to Rovrum for Warne and co. 

It isn't you keep bringing that up. I am simply stating the place Cashin and Derby find themselves in. He's not progressing in the current team. Why would Brighton offer a decent amount for a player whose head they have 'turned', who they can get for compo money? 

You keep ignoring that these are pertinent points and going on and on about how much I talk about Warne. Wait, is that Warne who is the current team manger? 😄

They might offer the money to secure the player now rather than the lottery of a tribunal. They might offer the money now to secure a player ahead of other interested sides. Only Brighton really know “why”.
If their interest is genuine and not just media spin, which I think more than one poster had suggested earlier this summer before this Percy story, it will be because they have scouted Cashin and see a player there who they can sign and develop into a future player for them or do what they do with other players they recruit and use them almost as cash cows. 
I don’t know the details of any reported interest other than what people post on here or is rumoured online. If they do want him, and pursue a bid with multiple millions I don’t see how Derby and Cashin can ignore that. If they don’t then there’s no drama, he stays and either extends his contract or moves on at the end of the season for whatever compensation we can get. 

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

If they do want him, and pursue a bid with multiple millions I don’t see how Derby and Cashin can ignore that. If they don’t then there’s no drama, he stays and either extends his contract or moves on at the end of the season for whatever compensation we can get. 

Except for of course we already have the drama. The manager has said as much players aren't playing well because they've had their 'heads turned'.

Edited by RoyMac5

Except for of course we already have the drama. The manager has said as much players aren't playing well because they've had their 'heads turned'.

Which one of us keeps bringing the manager into this again? Ok Roy, I’ll just concede. You’re right, whatever the point was yours is the correct one. 

7 hours ago, angieram said:

Not really the right thread, but I noticed Clowes has appointed his son as MD of Clowes Developments,  presumably so he can be more hands on at DCFC? 

So, I would expect him to be around more.

Do the players still get Wednesday off when there's been a Tuesday night match, Trav?

I don't think you should read too much into his son joining the family company Angie. He has joined as a replacement for the previous MD, Ian Dickinson, who retired in May and also left the board of DCFC at the same time and was replaced on the club board by Richard Tavernor who is also the Secretary of Clowes Developments.

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Which one of us keeps bringing the manager into this again? Ok Roy, I’ll just concede. You’re right, whatever the point was yours is the correct one. 

It's a bit difficult to point out that the player being hunted by Brighton has supposedly had his head turned without mentioning the manager isn't it?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

It's a bit difficult to point out that the player being hunted by Brighton has supposedly had his head turned without mentioning the manager isn't it?

No, that’s my point. It’s not difficult to leave Warne out of some conversations. We can discuss aspects of the club at times without anyone either slating or praising Warne. 
It’s easy to talk about how a premier league club allegedly bidding for a talented, young player at a league one club would be of interest to that player and may represent a sensible and realistic business transaction to the club without mentioning the manager at all. 
You’ve mentioned Warne not developing him, playing him out of position, talking about it in interviews etc. which are all discussion points of their own merit that I’m not disputing in this exchange. They’ve been and will continue to be discussed at length in other threads.
I have only looked to express that IF Brighton are interested for the money that’s been quoted then it’s logical that given where we are as a club that deal would potentially be considered. 

30 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

As the Brighton thing has popped back up I will mention what I heard about ten days ago.

Warne wanted both Bird and Cashin sold and at that point and was wanting £2 million for the pair to go fund another bout of spending but the club value them higher than that at this point of their contracts with Pearce wanting around £5 million for the pair. This apparently this has led to lot of friction behind the scenes. 
personally I think Pearce is right especially as it’s Brighton and Hull involved, with their level of experience in the championship and their age.

Based on what I see warne doing with money and his get anybody in who says yes philosophy I don’t trust his judgment or the type of team selection or method of play we have been witnessing. I don’t blame the two young lads involved but it seems they are being blamed based on various interviews aired recently?

we will soon only have third division standard players and I know that’s where we are currently but I for one want to see hope for the future and currently I have little optimism.

Weirdly, apart from the valuation, if this is true and Warne can reinvest the money, this shows he may not be as blind as we are fearing, because it means he knows that Cashin does not fit the system and that the midfield doesn't work.  Although of course, we could still argue he is blind to force this system in first place or to push it before we have the right personnel, because we have unnecessarily lost points, confidence and increasingly, our minds in tbe process.

Would explain his comments about bids and also Hammy's odd comments pre-oxford that they hadn't been able to change everything because some people are still on contracts. Also explains why we haven't seen them sign extended deals.

Maybe no one paid attention because Hammy is so reassuring, warm and twinkly. He also said when we lose on Tuesday, a Freudian slip ?!

So Warne may have some dismantling to do and it makes some sense but of course, many, me included, are now losing confidence in the whole project.

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

You’ve mentioned Warne not developing him, playing him out of position, talking about it in interviews etc. which are all discussion points of their own merit that I’m not disputing in this exchange. They’ve been and will continue to be discussed at length in other threads.
I have only looked to express that IF Brighton are interested for the money that’s been quoted then it’s logical that given where we are as a club that deal would potentially be considered. 

The things I have mentioned are all pertinent to a selling price or a player wanting to leave. That is the point. The behaviour from Brighton is also pertinent as is the suggestion his head has been turned.

If we were to sell and want to get the best price these things come into consideration, I cannot see why you can't accept that.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The things I have mentioned are all pertinent to a selling price or a player wanting to leave. That is the point. The behaviour from Brighton is also pertinent as is the suggestion his head has been turned.

If we were to sell and want to get the best price these things come into consideration, I cannot see why you can't accept that.

I asked you an initial question as to whether you think the club can stand up to bids from the premier league, that was my initial response to your posting of the Percy rumour. And it’s spiralled into something else. 
I can accept the pertinent points you raised, there you go, but that wasn’t ever the conversation I tried to have with you.
I didn’t want to discuss Warne as every other conversation on here seems to be about that very bleak and divisive subject and it’s draining me.
I just tried to have a normal exchange asking if you thought we could stand up to the money and pull of the premier league without it being a debate on if Warne is rubbish or not. It’s clear that’s not really an option on here at the moment though so I’ll go back to being quieter. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I asked you an initial question as to whether you think the club can stand up to bids from the premier league, that was my initial response to your posting of the Percy rumour. And it’s spiralled into something else. 
I can accept the pertinent points you raised, there you go, but that wasn’t ever the conversation I tried to have with you.
I didn’t want to discuss Warne as every other conversation on here seems to be about that very bleak and divisive subject and it’s draining me.
I just tried to have a normal exchange asking if you thought we could stand up to the money and pull of the premier league without it being a debate on if Warne is rubbish or not. It’s clear that’s not really an option on here at the moment though so I’ll go back to being quieter. 

Whilst I understand what you are saying I cannot understand how you can talk about anything relating to where Derby are or what Derby are doing or thinking of doing without relating it back to the manager in some way? How is it possible as player-wise everything revolves around the manager in our set up.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Whilst I understand what you are saying I cannot understand how you can talk about anything relating to where Derby are or what Derby are doing or thinking of doing without relating it back to the manager in some way? How is it possible as player-wise everything revolves around the manager in our set up.

Because of the initial point I tried to make, when I suggested hypothetically ignoring Warne for a moment. The manager could change, some seem pretty keen on that happening sooner rather than later 😂 
So is a rumoured £3m bid and a loan back of a player who has one year left on his deal a good deal for a league one club? If we reject it and Cashin stays, is he committed to the cause? He could well be, strikes me as that type of person after all. If he stays and we go up, does he re-sign for a season in the champ or would he still want to go to the premier league’s bright lights? If he did go, would we get a decent amount of compensation? It’s seemingly a bit of a gamble and I just don’t know that IF the interest is genuine that the club could afford to hold onto the player on the prospect of what ifs, regardless of who the manager is.

Now on the subject of Warne being the manager, and if the prospective money from a sale could be reinvested or would be reinvested effectively that’s a good discussion point, and one I don’t have the energy or enthusiasm for at the moment. Despite perceptions or appearances I don’t come on here looking to argue with people for the sake of it. I want to have constructive conversations with other rams fans, and it just all feels a bit rubbish at the moment (for understandable reasons)