Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Sounds as if Rhoades deal of off then, I was told Billy Sharp and Waggy will sign if we are ‘really desperate’ by the sounds of it, we’re starting to go pretty far down the list for strikers, also been told to expect 4-5 more players in the rest of the window. My guesses would be a striker (or 2 depending on Dej) a creative 10, a destroyer in midfield, and a left wing back 

5 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Sounds as if Rhoades deal of off then, I was told Billy Sharp and Waggy will sign if we are ‘really desperate’ by the sounds of it, we’re starting to go pretty far down the list for strikers, also been told to expect 4-5 more players in the rest of the window. My guesses would be a striker (or 2 depending on Dej) a creative 10, a destroyer in midfield, and a left wing back 

thanks. do you think they will be loans BT?  Bar Sharp (god I hope not) and Waggy?

18 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Would gladly take Waggy & Sharp, i think them 2 with Collins & Washington are a decent 4 at this level. I can see them all getting around 15 goals

42 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Waggy + Sharp + tunicliffe = free + 2 loans ? 🤔

3 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Funny that, almost like we sold one of our main central midfielders. 

My arsiness is aimed at PW and not you btw.

Yeah it’s amazing it takes looking at the bench a week before the season starts to work this out.

SK 

frees 

Sharp 

waggy 

loan 

dom Ballard Southampton u23 

cosgrove Birmingham 

greenwood/ Joseph  /geldhardt Leeds u23 

Coburn boro 

MF

frees 

gosling 

clucas

tunnicllife

oakley-boothe 

loan 

Elijah Dixon-Bonner QPR loan 

archie gray Leeds  u23 loan 

Kasey McAteer Leicester u23 loan 

LWB 

free 

George cox 

thierry small / Jake Vokins loan Southampton u23

Any of those realistic 

3 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

As I said, his record on the past 2 (3 in truth) seasons concerns me. He hasn't done very much if anything.

You can have an opinion that he didn't turn up more than twice while he was here previously but that opinion is a bit like saying that you think the moon is made out of cheese or the world is flat. It may be your opinion but it doesn't make it factually correct or one you should really share in public discourse if you want to be taken seriously. He patently did not just turn up once or twice in his time here.

Afobe looks, on paper, like he'd be a better option but I don't really know much about his overall game.

Suggesting that Assombalaonga would be a better option because Waghorn's done little in the past 2-3 seasons is weird in itself. He's done bugger all worth a damn for the same amount of time, has been criticised for a lazy attitude and allowing himself to balloon to the size of a house!

It's fine to admit that you're simply not a fan of Waghorn but there's no need to make things up.

Just feel like it’s a backwards step and it I think it shows how desperate we are to getting someone in. Afobe is probably after a championship move, he’s a player I think Warne could see similarities with Ladapo and can play up on his own as well as in a 2. Assombalonga is an outright striker whereas Waghorn is more of a creative forward, with McGoldricks killer instinct gone I don’t think Martyn’s or Britts is  particularly good I know who I’d rather have to replace him. Yeah I think that’s it, it’s that fear of it not working out and it being a waste of wages.

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Not doubting your sources BT but I would be very surprised if Billy came to us after what has gone on 🤔

11 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

SK 

frees 

Sharp 

waggy 

loan 

dom Ballard Southampton u23 

cosgrove Birmingham 

greenwood/ Joseph  /geldhardt Leeds u23 

Coburn boro 

MF

frees 

gosling 

clucas

tunnicllife

oakley-boothe 

loan 

Elijah Dixon-Bonner QPR loan 

archie gray Leeds  u23 loan 

Kasey McAteer Leicester u23 loan 

LWB 

free 

George cox 

thierry small / Jake Vokins loan Southampton u23

Any of those realistic 

Lots of rumours there Simmo 😉

19 minutes ago, PrideParkhead said:

It's pretty obvious Warne couldn't attract a moth to a light. We're the biggest team in this League but have been reduced to scrabbling about in the dirt for castoffs. Pathetic state of affairs 

Based on what? I'll wait for any substance to that completely baseless comment. Us being the "biggest" team means nothing when budget wise we are limited in what we have to spend. Pathetic comment. 

I have just listened to Warne's Radio Derby interview, sounds like he is hoping the player he was anticipating on joining this week may still decide to join us, said about people lying within football & changing their mind, then went onto say that hopefully this weeks it flips & he gets the player in. 

He also says about us being short up top if Collins got injured & Washington not being fully fit yet. He would like another WB which I would imagine is a LWB. Also mentioned wanting more pace in the team

Will be interesting to hear his Q&A live on Tues, no doubt he will get asked about lack of strikers/targets & also about the budget given Clowes statement before sales then with Knight & Bielik going, you would think their 2 wages alone makes space for about 4 or 5 decent players.

Edited by DCFC1388

39 minutes ago, PrideParkhead said:

It's pretty obvious Warne couldn't attract a moth to a light. We're the biggest team in this League but have been reduced to scrabbling about in the dirt for castoffs. Pathetic state of affairs 

Did I imagine the 7 signings we have made? 
Also, if we are reduced to scrabbling about in the dirt for castoffs could you expand on your reasoning as to why that could be? I’m assuming by the tone of your post you want to level that all at Warne rather than the circumstances that have engulfed the club for the last few years and continue to affect things in the present. Things like only being one year out of administration, still being subject to a business plan, an ongoing rebuild of the academy alongside the first team.

But yeah, let’s roll out the Warne has no pull line again…. 🙄