Summer Rumour Mill

sage

13 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gillingham-now-clear-favourites-sign-8561099

says we are Interested but need to sell first before we can stump up the money. Maybe with bielik being sold we will go in. 

really interested in the bit about needing to sell first. Wondering if the business plan means we can only spend what we sell or clowes doesn’t have or want to spend money on transfers out his own pocket. Along the lines of it will be free and loans if we don’t sell anyone 

Really not all that fussed about Alfie May - his record doesn’t inspire all that much confidence and I think PW will probably want someone with a bit more potential if we’re paying a fee 

11 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

New interview up on the site, wants a couple more in defense and 2-3 attackers through the door. Reasonably happy with midfield but things could change, said he's meeting a couple of players 

Edited by Foreveram

14 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

New interview up on the site, wants a couple more in defense and 2-3 attackers through the door. Reasonably happy with midfield but things could change, said he's meeting a couple of players today.

Just to add a bit more detail to this, he said 'one along the backline, one more wingback, and one, two, maybe even three attackers short'.

So it doesn't sound like we'll be getting more than 4 or 5 more through the door (edit: unless we sell anyone, of course)

I still think we need a few more than that though...

Edited by Scott129

11 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

New interview up on the site, wants a couple more in defense and 2-3 attackers through the door. Reasonably happy with midfield but things could change, said he's meeting a couple of players today.

So that's probably 5 more - plus probably an extra two to replace Bielik and Knight. 7 signings, 10/11 in total!

Definitely looks like it will end up being double figures, as Nat Jackson intimated 

Haven't heard anything necessarily but I think it's interesting that Wes Harding hasn't signed for anyone yet, despite apparent Championship interest. 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

So that's probably 5 more - plus probably an extra two to replace Bielik and Knight. 7 signings, 10/11 in total!

Definitely looks like it will end up being double figures, as Nat Jackson intimated 

Haven't heard anything necessarily but I think it's interesting that Wes Harding hasn't signed for anyone yet, despite apparent Championship interest. 

Harding would be the signing I'd be most pleased with.

Good age at 26, bags of Championship experience, and very familiar with Warne's system.

12 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Just to add a bit more detail to this, he said 'one along the backline, one more wingback, and one, two, maybe even three attackers short'.

So it doesn't sound like we'll be getting more than 4 or 5 more through the door (edit: unless we sell anyone, of course)

I still think we need a few more than that though...

CB - First 11 RCB. Rooney backup RCB, Forsyth backup CB and LCB
WB - Hard to tell if this will be RWB or LWB, and whether they'll also cover the opposite flank or CB. 
2/3 attacking players - 1 SS, plus 1 or 2 CFs
Midfield - no one joining unless we sell

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

CB - First 11 RCB. Rooney backup RCB, Forsyth backup CB and LCB
WB - Hard to tell if this will be RWB or LWB, and whether they'll also cover the opposite flank or CB. 
2/3 attacking players - 1 SS, plus 1 or 2 CFs
Midfield - no one joining unless we sell

Would say it would be RWB. We have Forsyth and potentially Sibley would could do LWB. Smith (badly) the only one who could the right.

On 22/06/2023 at 21:49, G STAR RAM said:

At no point in time would they ever have fetched £20m...unless it was Derby buying them of course. 

£10m for the pair maximum. 

Not sure anyone considers £4m for the pair excellent either, just a bit of realisation of the situation we are in.

I think you'd struggle to name any League One club that has sold players in excess of £4m.

Exactly 👍🏼 Then add in what has happened to the finances of none PL football over the last 3 years. 
nothing went wrong with their development. Bielik had horrific injuries, Covid came along and what little money was genuinely there in the championship dried up.