Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

3 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

3 x CBs

3-4 x WBs 

2-3 CFs 

1 x CDM destroyer.

1 x No10

Over to your PW

I would say 2x 10s but the rest is pretty spot on.

Also 2x GK, so 14-15 players needed

Edited by DCFC1388

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I would say 2x 10s but the rest is pretty spot on.

Do we need 2 more 10’s? If Warne is using the system from the end of last season playing 2 10’s behind a 9 you could argue NML, Sibley and a new signing fight it out for those two spots, possibly with Barkhuizen an option too (would much rather see him shoehorned into that than wingback). If Warne plays more of a 3-5-2 where do you accommodate two new 10s along with Barkhuizen, NML and Sibley?

I know we need options in the squad, just conscious of too many players blocking the way for others. I’d really like Sibley to stay and have a run as one of the main 10s 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

5 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Oxford have signed Ruben Rodrigues and are about to sign Josh McEacharan, maybe they’re willing to let Branagan go, I’d love to spend the Knight or Bielik money on him, a great player at this level. Probably will end up at a championship team though.

I fully agree 

say we sold 

knight and Bielik 

sign Brannagan and a striker with that money 

29 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Do we need 2 more 10’s? If Warne is using the system from the end of last season playing 2 10’s behind a 9 you could argue NML, Sibley and a new signing fight it out for those two spots, possibly with Barkhuizen an option too (would much rather see him shoehorned into that than wingback). If Warne plays more of a 3-5-2 where do you accommodate two new 10s along with Barkhuizen, NML and Sibley?

I know we need options in the squad, just conscious of too many players blocking the way for others. I’d really like Sibley to stay and have a run as one of the main 10s 

I personally dont think Sibley is good enough, not sure how Barkhuizen will be used of he stays, potentially wingback or in a 2 upfront if we go 352

If we played the 3421, that 2 me would be 2x new 10s, NML & Sibley. 1 of the 10s could potentially be a striker too like a McGoldrick type

11 hours ago, JakeDCFC said:

Realistically speaking, how much do you guys think Derby will spend/can spend on transfers this summer?

I would guess Max £2m plus transfer income. That will include what we spend on transfer fees, loan fees agent fees and signing on fees but not wages.

Cannot see us spending more than £750k on any one player

Ross Sykes - CB - Played very well at Accrington in 20/21. Aerially dominant and a threat from set pieces. Only 24 but is on a long term contract at St Gilloise in the Belgian top division.

Derry Murkin - LWB - 5 assists for FC Volendam in the Dutch league. Born in England but moved to the Netherlands aged 4. 23 years old, 1 year left on his contract. Scored 20 goals for their U21 side in 18/19 (playing as a winger). Converted to LWB in 20/21.

8 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Oxford have signed Ruben Rodrigues and are about to sign Josh McEacharan, maybe they’re willing to let Branagan go, I’d love to spend the Knight or Bielik money on him, a great player at this level. Probably will end up at a championship team though.

Based on Brannigan’s performance in our first home game last season I’m not sure.

Spent 70 mins imitating thug life with zero effect. Then they switched and tried to play football and he was transformed.

So, and here’s the kicker. A traditional Derby footballing team #superioritycomplex and it’s a big yes. A Warne outrun and outfight them team? Not so sure.

And can I caveat this with I want Warne to succeed. His approach is no different from Alex Ferguson - have better players, well motivated and harder working than the opposition. Even when that approach isn’t working, you can still win a a European Cup Final. But you need players who can run through brick walls (mentally and physically). Is that Brannigan? Not sure.

1 hour ago, sage said:

I would guess Max £2m plus transfer income. That will include what we spend on transfer fees, loan fees agent fees and signing on fees but not wages.

Cannot see us spending more than £750k on any one player

Currently 1.5m total but could reduce with wage considerations. Upfront fees on a single purchase limited by the club to £500k. 100% of sales to be made available to boost this and higher value purchases like Bristol Rovers strikers will be considered on merit.

2 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Currently 1.5m total but could reduce with wage considerations. Upfront fees on a single purchase limited by the club to £500k. 100% of sales to be made available to boost this and higher value purchases like Bristol Rovers strikers will be considered on merit.

I was pretty close then

On 09/06/2023 at 13:05, Eoghan1884 said:

Leighton Clarkson, liverpool happy to sell him this summer, 6 goals and 8 assists from midfield last year at Aberdeen, he’s only 21 could be a good knight replacement if he leaves, QPR and Reading are reportedly interested in him.

Gone to Aberdeen on a 4 year deal. 

33 minutes ago, Srg said:

Tarique Fosu. Winger, 27, been on loan at Rotherham and been at Oxford. So will be known by everyone who matters. Released by Brentford. Might want Championship but worth a go. 

Top end of what we could get, but again, if you don't buy a ticket. Has played RB for Ghana and Brentford at RB in recent years

Josh Ginnelly is a 26 year old “forward” (I think wide player) who scored 13 and assisted 7 goals for Hearts the season just gone. His contract is up and he allegedly has offers from clubs in the championship and league one, with a move back to England on the cards to be closer to family (originally from Nuneaton). Could be a decent attacking option on a free, but get we’d be competing with championship clubs and one of the big Israeli sides allegedly.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Decided to look around at upcoming free agents that have pretty solid value after the seasons they've put in last year and was curious what you guys would think about Derby possibly bringing in some of them? 

Archie Collins

Joe Ward

Sam Smith (not the singer)

Josh Key 

Macauley Bonne 

Matthew Pennington 

Cameron Brannagan 

Michael Hector 

Luke Thomas

Harvey Knibbs 

There is a ton of quality free agents available so feel free to bring up any others that you may have seen or liked.