Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

On 18/08/2023 at 17:08, Premier ram said:

Seen a few players possibly up for transfer/loan

Pritchard Sunderland

Murphy Oxford

Idah Norwich

On 18/08/2023 at 17:21, Kokosnuss said:

When you decide between the two, let us know.

The penny only just dropped this morning- I see what you did there. Very clever, made me chuckle.

4 hours ago, Topram said:

Sounds like no One will be coming in from todays presser 

Think the actual quote was” a couple of irons in the fire unless something major happens” according to Leigh Curtis. 
That sounds like maybe two in unless someone (Cash ? ) gets sold. Guess we will know at just after 11pm tomorrow 😁

27 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Elder got 9 assists from left back the last time he was at this level???

That's encouraging then.  My comment was based on the little time he has played for Derby.  He has looked reluctant to cross and when he has put the ball in it has been poor.  

Even if he turns out to be decent I don't think it would be a bad idea to have another option for the left though.   We've got better options down the right and look a bit lopsided.

2 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

That's encouraging then.  My comment was based on the little time he has played for Derby.  He has looked reluctant to cross and when he has put the ball in it has been poor.  

Even if he turns out to be decent I don't think it would be a bad idea to have another option for the left though.   We've got better options down the right and look a bit lopsided.

Don’t think we’ve seen enough to judge tbh.  He had a disrupted preseason with injuries and has struggled to get into the team ahead of Fozzy. Think he’ll come good! 

11 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

We also have Sibley as an option once he gets fit.

On 01/09/2023 at 08:09, Anag Ram said:

We also have Sibley as an option once he gets fit.

And there lies an issue with me. He divides opinion on this forum - some people being critical that he hasn’t kicked on and realised his potential, with others who do recognise his potential but are frustrated in how he has been treated. Ever since Rooney arrived, all Sibley has been given is a bit part role, more often than not out of position. He has needed a long run in his favoured position all this time, and never had it. Even when he gets to play his No. 10 role, and even if he plays well, he is either back on the bench next match, or sat up in the stands. His attitude doesn’t seem to be in question, given how he applied himself to playing left back, but when that position was sorted it was back to bits and bobs.

Now although he has been injured so far this season, what this transfer window has done is brought a bunch of players in who will all be in front of him when it comes to team selection time.

I fear he us going to be yet another Derby player with great potential that we are going to consign to the footballing wastelands, ever wondering what might gave been. He isn’t the first to be treated like this, not by a long way. What a waste!

53 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

And there lies an issue with me. He divides opinion on this forum - some people being critical that he hasn’t kicked on and realised his potential, with others who do recognise his potential but are frustrated in how he has been treated. Ever since Rooney arrived, all Sibley has been given is a bit part role, more often than not out of position. He has needed a long run in his favoured position all this time, and never had it. Even when he gets to play his No. 10 role, and even if he plays well, he is either back on the bench next match, or sat up in the stands. His attitude doesn’t seem to be in question, given how he applied himself to playing left back, but when that position was sorted it was back to bits and bobs.

Now although he has been injured so far this season, what this transfer window has done is brought a bunch of players in who will all be in front of him when it comes to team selection time.

I fear he us going to be yet another Derby player with great potential that we are going to consign to the footballing wastelands, ever wondering what might gave been. He isn’t the first to be treated like this, not by a long way. What a waste!

Play him left wing back in a 3 at the back, was good there 😊

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Play him left wing back in a 3 at the back, was good there 😊

Yep. Not strong enough in possession to play as a ten. Needs space in front of him which is why he looked okay at LB.

I’m wondering if he’s one of those who struggles in front of a big crowd. 

He was more successful in lockdown.

With RB becoming a cursed position, I imagine we'll be trying to sign someone to help cover for the rest of the season, rotating with Smith.

Todd Kane would be my pick. He'll also help cover CM once Ward and Wilson are both fit.

Ryan Nyambe would be a versatile option, offering cover for all defensive positions. RCB (in a back 3) is were see him eventually. Would add a lot of pace to our backline. May be too expensive.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

With RB becoming a cursed position, I imagine we'll be trying to sign someone to help cover for the rest of the season, rotating with Smith.

Todd Kane would be my pick. He'll also help cover CM once Ward and Wilson are both fit.

Ryan Nyambe would be a versatile option, offering cover for all defensive positions. RCB (in a back 3) is were see him eventually. Would add a lot of pace to our backline. May be too expensive.

Maybe Nyambe is the mystery free agent