Season Ticket Renewal Poll

sage

Season Ticket Renewal Poll (Tamworth Special)  

211 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 hours ago, Ambitious said:

My wife is due to give birth in June so I’m not going to renew, but I will do my best to get to some games and watch them all. I’m hoping to be back the following season, depending on how life plays out. 

Bring the baby to the first game and get them hooked.  I did with my eldest daughter - age 5 months and better behaved than most fans given that we lost 5-0 to Sunderland. It was a close call but I decided to keep her and indoctrinate her with all things Rams despite not being local. 

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Not quite her doing, but it's more of a case of not knowing what to expect so don't want to tie myself down. I'm more mindful that she will be looking after the baby all week, while I'm working, so the time at the weekend becomes important for both of us. 

A half season ticket may not be completely out the question, but I'm happy to wait and see. 

It's about being fair. For you to go to the football once (or twice) a week, your wife also need to have some free time to herself too. Of course, you still need to spend some time together.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

They may do

But you still need time to your self otherwise it could lead arguments between him and his wife. Everyone needs a time out every so often.

Very true but as @Ambitious says, he’s very conscious of the fact that his wife will have taken on most of the child care during the week whilst he is at work. Maybe she’d like some “me time” without having to worry about the baby and weekends might be the only chance she’ll get.

I think it’s a very sensible approach from Ambitious to not renew yet but see how things go. Who knows, after a few weeks of him being around every Saturday she might be glad to see the back of him for a couple of hours. 😀. I fully accept that it’s difficult for anyone fortunate/unfortunate enough (depending on how you look at it 😀) not to have children to not fully appreciate the impact of having a baby around can have on both parents.

14 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I suggest half one as it could work out cheaper than just game by game for him. And depands when it is due.

That'd cover @Ambitious for after Christmas.

But what about the first half of the season?  That one Saturday afternoon in October when all the stars align, the grandparents babysit for the weekend... and Derby are at home!

Match by match is the only option, outside of being a STH.

7 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I think you’re missing the point B4.

It’s probably not just about money (although most of know having kids is an expensive business) but also the time commitment. When you have children your priorities, quite rightly, change. 

To be fair, it made me more determined to renew 🤣

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Very true but as @Ambitious says, he’s very conscious of the fact that his wife will have taken on most of the child care during the week whilst he is at work. Maybe she’d like some “me time” without having to worry about the baby and weekends might be the only chance she’ll get.

I think it’s a very sensible approach from Ambitious to not renew yet but see how things go. Who knows, after a few weeks of him being around every Saturday she might be glad to see the back of him for a couple of hours. 😀. I fully accept that it’s difficult for anyone fortunate/unfortunate enough (depending on how you look at it 😀) not to have children to not fully appreciate the impact of having a baby around can have on both parents.

What about his mum or her mum might like baby sitting him or her then it is a win win situation.

36 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

What about his mum or her mum might like baby sitting him or her then it is a win win situation.

@Ambitious will know better than you or I what is best but perhaps he wants to spend time (during the day) with his new born. I think you just need to accept that (temporarily obviously 😀) Derby County probably isn’t going to be his number one priority for a while.

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

@Ambitious will know better than you or I what is best but perhaps he wants to spend time (during the day) with his new born. I think you just need to accept that (temporarily obviously 😀) Derby County probably isn’t going to be his number one priority for a while.

He could still do both guys

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I give up.

I just believe everyone needs there freedoms and some alone time and believe or not having that does help couples you know.

But this is why being single is best life ever ever ever.

52 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I just believe everyone needs there freedoms and some alone time and believe or not having that does help couples you know.

But this is why being single is best life ever ever ever.

That last line is the very reason you are far, far, far from the best qualified on here to pass on your "words of wisdom" on such a topic.

I missed "That glorious night v Rotherham"... cold custard and all... and well over a decade all told, due to "The hardships" of bringing up my young family during the 80's and into the 90's... Briefly with my first wife (B**ch! 🤣), partly as a single parent/stay-at-home-dad, bringing up two toddlers alone, and ultimately with their new mum... who is still the only mum that matters to them, and who remains very much the be all and end all of my life, almost 40 years on!  No way would I choose DCFC over her wishes, or her needs... or those of my kids, then or now!  Fortunately for now, I don't have to!

I don't regret a single day of that "Missed era", and I most certainly don't regret choosing my family over DCFC.

When you have spent a few decades with someone you love with all of your heart and soul. 
When you have brought life into this world, and done a half-decent job of helping to turn them into decent adults, and decent human beings.
Only then... my dear friend... will you be qualified to come back on here, and tell us all with hand on heart... how those goddamn kids are driving you mad, and that that you wished you were single again!  🤣