Message to derby players

B4ev6is

4 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Big assertions. Is there even the slightest shred of evidence for any of it? If so please post it, if not let's move on please.

As it happens, I attended meetings with the EFL during administration.

Their main concerns were the preserving the integrity of the competition and ensuring Derby County found a financially sustainable path out of adminstration.

So not only is there no evidence that the EFL "tried to destroy us" there's actually direct evidence to the contrary.

Sad to say but it was Mel Morris that started the "blame the EFL for everything" narrative as a way of distracting us from his own financial mismanagement.

You're undoubtedly Derby through and through B4 and I generally enjoy your positive rallying posts but unfortunately you've fallen for Mel's smoke and mirrors trick...

Please enlighten us with this direct evidence that the EFL have been on our side all along.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

So you can start this all over again in another thread? 🤦‍♂️

Nope

It still feels raw to me you know how much I love this club

But it is painful to saw youth system yawn apart.

But many must feel the same as chant get sung every single game.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Nope

It still feels raw to me you know how much I love this club

But it is painful to saw youth system yawn apart.

But many must feel the same as chant get sung every single game.

It's painful to lots of us. But try a bit of balance, there are times when it seemed we were unfairly treated by the EFL and then there were times when we were treated as could be expected for our transgressions. 

18 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Big assertions. Is there even the slightest shred of evidence for any of it? If so please post it, if not let's move on please.

As it happens, I attended meetings with the EFL during administration.

Their main concerns were the preserving the integrity of the competition and ensuring Derby County found a financially sustainable path out of adminstration.

So not only is there no evidence that the EFL "tried to destroy us" there's actually direct evidence to the contrary.

Sad to say but it was Mel Morris that started the "blame the EFL for everything" narrative as a way of distracting us from his own financial mismanagement.

You're undoubtedly Derby through and through B4 and I generally enjoy your positive rallying posts but unfortunately you've fallen for Mel's smoke and mirrors trick...

This is interesting, did they ever provide a rationale as to why they punished us for accounts that were both signed off by the EFL Executive, and weren't explicitly against the rules? It's lovely that they wanted us to get out of admin, but that might never have happened had they actually followed their own rules... By that point, they NEEDED us to get out of admin otherwise they'd be facing a PR nightmare- I believe the ''helpfulness'' towards the end of the process was very much a self-serving attempt to regain face. 

If they really wanted to help, they'd have shut down/postponed Middlesbrough and Wycombe's claims which were hindering potential sales... which they didn't. Ironically, their obstinate stance on ended up being helpful as it stopped Kirchner acquiring the club, so the only real help they provided was entirely accidental 😂

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's painful to lots of us. But try a bit of balance, there are times when it seemed we were unfairly treated by the EFL and then there were times when we were treated as could be expected for our transgressions. 

We use to have so many good young prink of first team now they few again.

45 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Annoying thing is none of them wanted to leave apart odd one.

They really couldn't wait to go mate.  One even lied about going on holiday with his girlfriend to Amsterdam while he was meeting Udinese officials .  There was a reason he didn't play for a month.  

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They really couldn't wait to go mate.  One even lied about going on holiday with his girlfriend to Amsterdam while he was meeting Udinese officials .  There was a reason he didn't play for a month.  

Well that's why I said odd one.

4 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Please enlighten us with this direct evidence that the EFL have been on our side all along.

He didn’t say ‘all along’.

But as things got really serious for us the EFL was crapping itself we’d go under and it was clear to anyone not biased who was paying attention that they were trying to help us. Jesus, Rick Parry was personally responding to fans’ emails ! Still can’t believe that one ... 

edit: I’m not suggesting Rick is Jesus 

Edited by kevinhectoring

15 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

spot on mate , B4 please read Roymacs reply above, i know it hurts but now is the time to look forward and help the club get back to where it belongs , put all your hurt and passion for DCFC into supporting the club as it is now in the safe pair of hands of David Clowes

15 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

We were given a £100,000 fine by an INDEPENDENT panel, why did theEFL feel the need to appeal this, this was the start of our troubles.

On 11/04/2023 at 19:42, B4ev6is said:

Come on lads you come to far to give up now go and show efl that we going into the play offs and we shall go and win them we fans shall back you and togather we shall go back to the champership togather as one.

Now go and get into the play off use this injustice snubbing cashin and macgoldic for efl player year award they cant stand us doing so well.

Now to the fans is another auntie efl  chant.

We are derby

We hate efl

We hate efl we do

David Clowes has made it clear he’s pleased that relations with EFl are now on a good footing.  I think we should all follow his wise lead. 

18 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

We were given a £100,000 fine by an INDEPENDENT panel, why did theEFL feel the need to appeal this, this was the start of our troubles.

Well done for pointing out the panel was independent. In theory at least ... 

The 2 EFL decisions that damaged us were  

- to challenge our accounting methods in the first place (thanks Kieron)

- to appeal the decision from the first hearing, which was that our accounting was compliant. 

There are some good reasons and some bad ones why the EFl did these 2 things. But once the EFL proceedings were commenced, our troubles were well and truly out of Mel’s old kit bag 

34 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

We were given a £100,000 fine by an INDEPENDENT panel, why did the EFL feel the need to appeal this, this was the start of our troubles.

No. The start of our troubles was Mel Morris overspending wildly, gambling the Clubs future on his ego-trip. Administration was the end product of the crazy spending.