Message to derby players

B4ev6is

6 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

In brief : on the stadium sale, David Clowes recently bought the stadium for 23m. He then told us he bought the club because having bought the stadium he needed to keep the club going to preserve the stadium value. So, there was a serious danger the value would fall below what he paid.        £80+m ?  We’d been kids making for years !  you’re havin a larf 

oh and did you read in the judgement how - following the sale -  the rental payable by the club was calculated !  If you want a giggle, take a peep.  

Amortisation: here’s the thing. The ‘competition’ only works if there’s a level playing field. That’s the theory. Of course the real world works differently, but these panels read the rules in a way that will protect the  ‘competition’ - and fair enough, it’s what the rules are intended to do. We were the only club in the 72 that adopted our approach. The only one. So much for the level playing field.      There was always a serious danger we would lose 

I won't respond to the amortisation point because that isn't what was being discussed.

You also seemed to totally have missed the point on the ground.

It was valued by one of the biggest surveyors in the world.

You seem to be suggesting the ground could be worth less than £23m, so you are also suggesting that these experts got the valuation wrong by around 300%?

Regardless of that the transaction was agreed with the EFL, who were in receipt of all of the facts, so for them to later charge us was criminal. 

If you want to argue that the value was wrong I get that, but would be interested to know your credentials for taking on one of the biggest commercial property valuers in the world. If you want to claim we were 'let off lightly' given the facts above then I really don't know what to say.

6 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

In brief : on the stadium sale, David Clowes recently bought the stadium for 23m. He then told us he bought the club because having bought the stadium he needed to keep the club going to preserve the stadium value. So, there was a serious danger the value would fall below what he paid.        £80+m ?  We’d been kids making for years !  you’re havin a larf 

oh and did you read in the judgement how - following the sale -  the rental payable by the club was calculated !  If you want a giggle, take a peep.  

Amortisation: here’s the thing. The ‘competition’ only works if there’s a level playing field. That’s the theory. Of course the real world works differently, but these panels read the rules in a way that will protect the  ‘competition’ - and fair enough, it’s what the rules are intended to do. We were the only club in the 72 that adopted our approach. The only one. So much for the level playing field.      There was always a serious danger we would lose 

It’s got nothing to do with the £23 million, it’s the cost of rebuilding the stadium.

Do you seriously think you could build a 35,000 seater stadium for £23 million.

21 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Weirdly, that playoff competition was probably the toughest I can remember in terms of club size and player calibre so I could live with it as a stand alone moment.  The one that really annoyed me was the one we lost to Hull.  Should have beat them at a canter and would have played a fairly average Sheff Wednesday in the final.  That should have been the one. 

QPR should have been the one

3 hours ago, Foreveram said:

It’s got nothing to do with the £23 million, it’s the cost of rebuilding the stadium.

Why is it the cost of rebuilding the stadium?  Isn’t it insured? Is it falling down ? 

45 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Opened thread to read B4's words of encouragement to the players - first posts seen were argument re ground/amortisation 😂😂😂🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I still think Peterboro should take 3 points of them now.

6 hours ago, Foreveram said:

... or to put it differently: If the accounting profession deems replacement cost to be an acceptable book value, would you as a buyer agree that’s what it’s worth ? No