Free agents in the summer

B4ev6is

53 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Not sure if there would be compo required due to his age, but he confirmed he is leaving Exeter this summer when his contract expires.

Link - Sparkes

The anticipation is that he’s likely to drop a level according to Exeter fans. Surprising as he’s been very good in both games against us. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The anticipation is that he’s likely to drop a level according to Exeter fans. Surprising as he’s been very good in both games against us. 

He really stood out, looked decent defensively and got forwards well. I can only imagine it was end product related? Certainly looked worth a punt.

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

That's very surprising based on his games against us. 4 assists in his first 11 games of the season and only 1 goal and 1 assist in the next 25.
Scored 2 and assists 1 in 21 games in the 21/22 season, with a short loan spell at Torquay in the December.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

That's very surprising based on his games against us. 4 assists in his first 11 games of the season and only 1 goal and 1 assist in the next 25.
Scored 2 and assists 1 in 21 games in the 21/22 season, with a short loan spell at Torquay in the December.

Exeter didn't offer him a contract and he's not been playing regularly at the back end of the season. He's still only 22, honestly I'd be happy to have him based on what I've seen - even if it's a low cost viable alternative. Usually, at this level, you don't see too many technically sound players and he looked very comfortable.

I can't get my head round Exeter not offering him terms, therefore no compensation, but they must have their reasons. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Exeter didn't offer him a contract and he's not been playing regularly at the back end of the season. He's still only 22, honestly I'd be happy to have him based on what I've seen - even if it's a low cost viable alternative. Usually, at this level, you don't see too many technically sound players and he looked very comfortable.

I can't get my head round Exeter not offering him terms, therefore no compensation, but they must have their reasons. 

Their fans seemed genuinely unfussed that he's leaving. There seems to be a lot of wishing him well, which is generally code for "we won't really miss you". He's been a hot prospect there for a while and I guess they've seen a lot more of him that we have.

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

For teams like Exeter they will have a lot smaller, and tighter budgets. I guess if they offered terms to a player they don’t have a use for, what’s to stop him accepting them and then they’re stuck with an unwanted player using up their budget.

If he’s going to drop a level anyway, I doubt many would pay up compensation for any player, so it removes many options of him going elsewhere too.

9 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but Osborn is not a shout sadly he’s co owner of a bar near me and allegedly is being pursued by Villa 

Villa - is there another Villa because surely you can't mean Aston? 

Not many players fail upwards, not unheard of, but that would be a very strange signing for them to make considering their budget and aspirations. He's a decent player, but would be a massively strange signing - even in a utility back up role. 

26 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Not many players fail upwards, not unheard of, but that would be a very strange signing for them to make considering their budget and aspirations. He's a decent player, but would be a massively strange signing - even in a utility back up role. 

I doubt Emery has ever heard of him.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

He lost his place in the side - is that due to someone being better? Or he wanted to leave?

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Yep it surprised me to I was talking to him (he went to my school ) and his agent has had calls from villa 

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Mates with Cash?  May have suggested him as a back up option that will cost nowt. 

23 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Mates with Cash?  May have suggested him as a back up option that will cost nowt. 

I would assume that Aston Villa are above asking players if they have any mates who fancy a game, although happy to be proven wrong.

The reaction from Villa fans alone would be dynamite.