Free agents in the summer

B4ev6is

Rotherham confirmed Richard Wood is leaving.

I’m not suggesting him as a signing, as he’s 37 and we need to move away from those types of player… but Paul Warne relied on him for 6 years. We’re bound to be linked with him.

(Please note, I am not suggesting we sign him)

41 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Jack Sparkes left Exeter. I've said on other threads that I rate him. Even in the match thread I mentioned his name, he came on as a sub I went 'uh oh'. Momets later he scored against us. 

He's 22, with pace. He can operate as left back or left winger, so he'd be a perfect fit for a lwb. 

Wouldn't mind him and Key as our wing backs next year

1 hour ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Jack Sparkes left Exeter. I've said on other threads that I rate him. Even in the match thread I mentioned his name, he came on as a sub I went 'uh oh'. Momets later he scored against us. 

He's 22, with pace. He can operate as left back or left winger, so he'd be a perfect fit for a lwb. 

Is he on a free?

31 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Cole Stockton is leaving Morecambe... proven goal scorer at this level in a team that always seemed to be battling relegation. Would be interesting to see what he could do in our side.

Cole Stockton is the type of player I hope we avoid, honestly. I fear he just plainly lacks technical ability and his market will be high, relatively, so you run the risk of overpaying for a player for a player because of a reasonable goal record at this level despite not having the ability to step it up. 

Don't get me wrong, we probably need two strikers coming in and perhaps he does a job for us but I'd like to see us pick someone up with a bit of technical ability who could improve. Stockton strikes me as a player who knows what he's about and knows what he can do. Let a Portsmouth take the chance on him, let's aim for a better standard of footballer. 

Not looked who has and hasn't been mentioned... but out of contracts we could go for:

Chiedozie Ogbene - 26 years old, winger/striker from Rotherham who scored a lot under Warne

Will Keane - 30 years old, striker from Wigan, scored 12 goals in the Championship, done well in League one

Ben Osborn - 28 years old... worth a suggestion as a Derby lad

Callum Connolly - 25 years old, defensive midfielder, 41 games for Blackpool this year

Ronan Curtis - 27 years old, Portsmouth left winger

Cameron Brannagan - 27 years old, Oxford central midfielder

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not looked who has and hasn't been mentioned... but out of contracts we could go for:

Chiedozie Ogbene - 26 years old, winger/striker from Rotherham who scored a lot under Warne

Will Keane - 30 years old, striker from Wigan, scored 12 goals in the Championship, done well in League one

Callum Connolly - 25 years old, defensive midfielder, 41 games for Blackpool this year

ben osborn is only 28? seems to have been round for ages. good shout tho.

brannagan from oxford has signed an extension 

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Osborn would make an excellent wing back but would have to halve his wages to come to us. He may have to take a drop, but someone in the championship would offer more i imagine

3 minutes ago, sage said:

Osborn would make an excellent wing back but would have to halve his wages to come to us. He may have to take a drop, but someone in the championship would offer more i imagine

Yeah, realise unlikely, but believe he's a Derby fan so if he'd drop for anyone, would probably be us I guess. You're right about someone in the Championship definitely giving him a better option though.

14 minutes ago, Srg said:

2 years left on his contract. Signed a 3 year extension at the start of the season.

14 minutes ago, Srg said:

Has a 1 year option in his contract.