Who was the last player we spent a fee on and when?

Jimbo Ram

9 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Kamil maybe?

You should show him our current squad and how many of them we paid transfer fees for - Forsyth is probably the one we spent most on and thats 10 years ago (if you dont count Bielik who isnt currently with us)

Fee of around £150,000 i believe we paid for Forsyth and some still say we were robbed ?. About £500 a game i reckon!

I think we paid £160,000 for Craig Forsyth and £600,000 for Curtis Davies although both were out of contract last summer so technically signed as free agents with no fee involved. This would mean our entire 24 man squad has been assembled for no fee. 

From 'worst team in history' to 'cheapest team in history'.

Could we become the cheapest team ever to be promoted ?

26 minutes ago, Beetle said:

Be interesting to know what wages we are paying compared to everyone else. I expect we are quite high up in the list.

I doubt many teams spend much money on transfers in our division.

£8 Million a year on wages does seem a lot for League 1. Some players getting over half a mill per year. There won’t be much in the “War Chest” at this rate. Hope some players really want Championship football and are not enjoying this league too much.

36 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

£8 Million a year on wages does seem a lot for League 1. Some players getting over half a mill per year. There won’t be much in the “War Chest” at this rate. Hope some players really want Championship football and are not enjoying this league too much.

You might think it's a lot, but Sheff Weds and Ipswich will exceed it, whilst Charlton, Barnsley, Portsmouth, Bolton and Plymouth will all be around that figure. Even Fleetwood will be spending £6m on wages.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Anyone know? Just having a bit of banter with my PAFC mate and putting him straight about our position….he’s going on about us getting nearly 30,000 crowds blah blah blah….

The guitarist from Blur once said that he would have to extend interviews during the 90's when advising magazine interviewers that he didn't actually support Chelsea like the rest being a Derby fan .  In the end he gave up. 

Just tell him he's dead right that we've spent 10 million on agents fees, average 25k a week in wages and still have Tom Lawrence cryogenically frozen on a 10 million a year retainer till we grace the championship once more.  We hope to thaw him out at Wembley in May, hopefully against Plymouth.

1 hour ago, NottsRam said:

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/derby-county/

No idea of the accuracy of this website or where they get the figures from.

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You might think it's a lot, but Sheff Weds and Ipswich will exceed it, whilst Charlton, Barnsley, Portsmouth, Bolton and Plymouth will all be around that figure. Even Fleetwood will be spending £6m on wages.

Not that I hold much faith in these websites, but according to that data Plymouth have the 2nd and 3rd highest paid players in the division at £18k with Bannan at Wednesday on £21k.

It also shows Ipswich the same as us and Plymouth £2mil behind.

As I said, plucking numbers, it's all guessing, but the one that did jump out is at other end of the scale with it saying young Rooney on £760/wk!

Edited by Rich84
Correction

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

I couldnt find any details on it, so i could be entirely making it up but i thought we were operating under a wage cap of something like £4500 for new players? Some of the wages seem a bit high if thats the case. 

Or was it just that we couldnt pay transfer fees?

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I couldnt find any details on it, so i could be entirely making it up but i thought we were operating under a wage cap of something like £4500 for new players? Some of the wages seem a bit high if thats the case. 

Or was it just that we couldnt pay transfer fees?

The £4500 wage cap was last season when in Admin. This season, under the business plan agreed with the EFL, we have a £12K a week limit and a maximum spend of £8M.

Not just transfer fees we can't pay. No loan fees and no agent's fees as well. There is, apparently, a review this summer and we MIGHT get some relaxation of the plan...

9 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

This season, under the business plan agreed with the EFL, we have a £12K a week limit and a maximum spend of £8M.

And those limits include things like employers National Insurance Contributions, performance bonuses and anything else that the club might be paying to players. Which suggests the figures on the site above are probably wrong, or we'd be well over £8m.

24 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

The £4500 wage cap was last season when in Admin. This season, under the business plan agreed with the EFL, we have a £12K a week limit and a maximum spend of £8M.

Not just transfer fees we can't pay. No loan fees and no agent's fees as well. There is, apparently, a review this summer and we MIGHT get some relaxation of the plan...

Ah interesting. Thank you for the clarification.

Its a lot more than i thought we could spend!