Who was the last player we spent a fee on and when?

Jimbo Ram

32 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Be better to spend less but be able to pay fees. Makes no sense to not allow them but allow more overall spending!

Yeh £12k pw for a player seems quite high by league 1 standards. Would rather be able to buy some players than rely on whatever free transfers are available at the time

I was meant to be working today so this was a bit of a distraction ? Having done a bit of research, it seems like our wage bill is still one of the biggest in the division, bigger than Plymouth for example, despite the restrictions and slightly surprisingly, other than Ipswich, few teams seem to have spent anything on fees over the last year or so. If someone has some different stats please let me know. The case for how we have been disadvantaged by the restrictions isn’t quite as clear cut as I thought it was ?

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I was meant to be working today so this was a bit of a distraction ? Having done a bit of research, it seems like our wage bill is still one of the biggest in the division, bigger than Plymouth for example, despite the restrictions and slightly surprisingly, other than Ipswich, few teams seem to have spent anything on fees over the last year or so. If someone has some different stats please let me know. The case for how we have been disadvantaged by the restrictions isn’t quite as clear cut as I thought it was ?

We have been massively disadvantaged by the restrictions because they reinforce the consequences of the despicable sanctions the EFL  has imposed for the past several years. If we were free of them we would have been able to fill the gap in our squad between the young players we've been able to bring through the academy and somehow retain, and the senior players who've come for decent wages because they still want to play in front of big crowds, and have earnt enough that being part of a project is worthwhile. There is no one in the middle, despite our natural position (without restrictions) placing us as the financial powerhouse of the division. We are disadvantaged because we're not allowed to buy anyone to plug this gap. We are disadvantaged precisely because we have to behave the same as almost every club in the division, when the reason this is only our 5th season down here in our long and distinguished history is because we are not the same.