England - Euro 2024 qualifiers

littleover ram

I am glad that this game meant nothing. If we had a referee like tonight in a match which mattered, there would have been an absolute uproar. No one really bothered too much and it shows the players reaction unless your name is Harry! Let’s hope we get decent refs when it matters!

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2019/10/14/pierluigi-collina-the-outlier-in-black/

Edited by Brammie Steve

9 hours ago, The Last Post said:

I find Deon Dublin more entertaining ☺️

In what sense? He comes across as a very nice chap but I think I'd rather listen to him playing his saxophone than pouring forth with his biased drivel for 90+ minutes!

10 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

I do get frustrated with Grealish.

That's my general view but I actually thought he was one of the better players last night.

41 minutes ago, jameso said:

In what sense? He comes across as a very nice chap but I think I'd rather listen to him playing his saxophone than pouring forth with his biased drivel for 90+ minutes!

Agreed, what a load of rubbish he was spouting last night.

"I'm sat 200 yards up at the back of the stand and can tell it was a corner"

17 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Agreed, what a load of rubbish he was spouting last night.

"I'm sat 200 yards up at the back of the stand and can tell it was a corner"

Yep - anyone that far away from the action with that degree of misguided certainty as to what he's seen should probably be reffing in League One

11 hours ago, The Last Post said:

I'm not a Southgate fan...these last 2 games were both dead rubbers, We knew it, The players knew it and Southgate wasn't too fussed about the results.

Players aint going to go out hell for leather against poor opposition when there's more important games at the weekend...I find Deon Dublin more entertaining ☺️

The results of the games weren't important, but you'd like to think there would be some incentive for players to perform to get in the squad.

But I guess that just reopens the debate about how many positions are really up for grabs and how many Southgate has allocated to his chums......

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

The results of the games weren't important, but you'd like to think there would be some incentive for players to perform to get in the squad.

But I guess that just reopens the debate about how many positions are really up for grabs and how many Southgate has allocated to his chums......

Is 'chums' the correct word to use here?

An alternative suggestion could be...the players that have formed the backbone of his team, that have reached a quarter final, semi final and final in the 3 major tournaments he has managed in....

FWIW I dont think Henderson should be getting much game time because of the level he is playing/training at. Maguire has been a defensive rock for England.

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

It's a can of worms mixed in with a lottery ticket Moodhoover, Do the players get paid in todays world of Internationals?...if so it'll be pocket money, What's the incentive...exposure, Advertising revenue, A chance to wear the 3 Lions, For me it's not what it was, Southgate is the epitome of the FA, Nice n clean cut, No skeletons in the closet, Very rarely is criticism pointed in their or players directions.

Last night with an incredibly poor match official was as boring to watch as watching the river Trent flow past the City ground...International football isn't fun anymore...imo 😒

15 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

It's a can of worms mixed in with a lottery ticket Moodhoover, Do the players get paid in todays world of Internationals?...if so it'll be pocket money, What's the incentive...exposure, Advertising revenue, A chance to wear the 3 Lions, For me it's not what it was, Southgate is the epitome of the FA, Nice n clean cut, No skeletons in the closet, Very rarely is criticism pointed in their or players directions.

Last night with an incredibly poor match official was as boring to watch as watching the river Trent flow past the City ground...International football isn't fun anymore...imo 😒

Too many games, all for the coffers of EUFA. The higher ranked teams shouldn't have to play the likes of Gibraltar - 14-0 vs France ffs! But money is killing the competition. So we were through already, who expected much gassing out from the England lads?

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Too many games for the coffers of EUFA. The higher ranked teams should have to play the likes of Gibralter - 14-0 vs France ffs! But money is killing the competition. So we were through already, who expected much gassing out from the England lads?

Not forgetting FIFA Roy, The next World Cup will have 48 teams 🙄 beaming live TV to those Countries that would not have normally qualified making FIFA and it's officials filthy filthy rich, Not forgetting giving unscrupulous Countries the right to host the World Cup.

There's going to come a time when players will say either I'm retiring from International football or the players Union will refuse to play 365 days a year.

But if you throw enough loot at it...guess what...loot wins every time. 

4 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I think the 2nd and 3rd words describe his current status admirably......

I think he's just the latest in a long line of scapegoats for England. 

There is a weird obsession with alot of people wanting someone to blame with the national team, even when things are going well.

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think he's just the latest in a long line of scapegoats for England. 

There is a weird obsession with alot of people wanting someone to blame with the national team, even when things are going well.

Really? Or he's a dislikeable person (witness his ludicrous big "I am" act in Greece) who people enjoy seeing hoisted by a petard.

His travails for man utd are similarly enjoyable.

His lack of skills was on full display last night when he tried a number of unsuccessful passes in the first half, reducing him to his 2-step runs before shuffling back into his own half.