Thanks a lot ref

B4ev6is

24 minutes ago, rammieib said:

To be fair whilst we were better than them in the first half, they were significantly better than us in the second half.

They deserved that win.

I'll have to take your word for it, but I imagine if that had been the other way round, there'd be a few on here arguing that we were lucky to win it and Warne needs to address the poor first half performance where we couldn't lay a glove on the opposition! ?

32 minutes ago, rammieib said:

To be fair whilst we were better than them in the first half, they were significantly better than us in the second half.

They deserved that win.

Yes, to be honest I was more frustrated with this than the dodgy pen - they ran rings around us second half and hit the standard we should be aiming for next season. They just looked quicker and slicker, and savvier too.

50 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

If the penalty hadn't been given we'd have still lost the game.  A goal was coming.  Exactly the same as Saturday.

They had one shot on target which was going to be an easy save before the hideous deflection - A goal was not that likely at all on that basis 

16 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

They had one shot on target which was going to be an easy save before the hideous deflection - A goal was not that likely at all on that basis 

3 shots on target in the whole of the second half, two of which were the goals. It suggests we defended pretty well but had little presence in midfield? 

10 hours ago, Loughborough Ram said:

If I got fined for criticising officials I wouldn't criticise them either but as I don't, I will criticise them, and I guarantee that Paul Warne feels the same sense of injustice that I do.

As do I Loughie, as do I. The Laws have been reworded. It used to be that contact had to cause the player to go down. The causality has gone from the Law. For last night's penalty, any contact there might have been did not cause the player to be poleaxed..... Not a penalty in my book.

5 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I disagree with that; it was clear and obvious to 95% of those watching that the player feigned being tripped. The correct decision is fk to Derby and yellow card to the Plymouth player. Many Plymouth fans have admitted to it not being a penalty. So, the conclusion is we were cheated out of a point and Plymouth cheated 2 points. 
The poor standard of referees in League One is clearly impacting on results and League positions. By putting the focus on White you are taking the focus off the real issue: cheating players and poor referees. 

I was watching with my brother-in-law (a Hereford and Arsenal fan - please do judge him) and he thought it was a penalty and I'm undecided.

But you seem to have polled everybody at the game and who was watching on TV other than us two.

I say 'seem to' because the only other conclusion I can arrive at is that you pulled that 95% stat from right out of your ass, and I'm sure you wouldn't do that.

7 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I was watching with my brother-in-law (a Hereford and Arsenal fan - please do judge him) and he thought it was a penalty and I'm undecided.

But you seem to have polled everybody at the game and who was watching on TV other than us two.

I say 'seem to' because the only other conclusion I can arrive at is that you pulled that 95% stat from right out of your ass, and I'm sure you wouldn't do that.

@Bob The Badger - I can only say that I played football for 38 years; and then I managed football teams to league and cup success. If you and your B-i-L either thought it was a penalty or are undecided then I can only respectfully say you have a different understanding of the game than I do. As for the 95% "poll", on Twitter I read at least 2 threads where substantial numbers were admitting it wasn't a penalty and significant numbers of those were Argyle fans. There are occasions when a penalty decision is a grey area and you just have to accept those - but that wasn't one of those. It was clearly simulation by the player. The player's body action was totally self-generated and not commensurate with the action or proximity of White. We once had a great player called Franny Lee who was handy at winning penalties; his propensity to go down in the box troubled me then even when they resulted in a penalty. It's not football and it's not for me. 

I'm very happy for you to have a different view and I don't need to convince you. I stick by my conclusion. It was a dive and no penalty.       

8 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

To summarise we were crap! The penalty was harsh but in todays game players have the fall over mentality drilled into them. We look tired a result of a threadbare squad and the inability to add to it of any real talent.

personally I don’t think we’ll make the playoffs I may sound harsh but I think our legginess will catch us up. I’m happy to stay down tbh as with our hands tied financially how the hell would we compete in the championship.

but I don’t agree with this out to get us idea about the EFL what the more concerning thing is we seem to be in a climate across society where we lack quality in all professions so out of fear we add quantity there’s been a massive decline in the ability of Refs across the football pyramid and if you watch other teams games you’ll realise how poor or dare I say abysmal the standard of refereeing is in the UK.

We can make the play offs and that has to be aim now.

Contact was only slight, but it happened nonetheless. if you're going to wildly swing your leg round in the penalty area dont be surprised that you are giving penalties away. Yes their player made more of it than it was, but the ref only has a fraction of a second to make a decision and he would have seen our player kicking the foot of their player

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

It was a pently never touched the lad and once again the ref certain people made sure we never got sweet buger all.

5 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Contact was only slight, but it happened nonetheless. if you're going to wildly swing your leg round in the penalty area dont be surprised that you are giving penalties away. Yes their player made more of it than it was, but the ref only has a fraction of a second to make a decision and he would have seen our player kicking the foot of their player

And wrong should waved it away.

30 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

And wrong should waved it away.

Thats not how football has been for the past 20 years. Its not going to change for one game just to help us

30 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

It was a pently never touched the lad and once again the ref certain people made sure we never got sweet buger all.

He did touch him. There is video evidence of said event. The ref doesn't have the benefit of video, but we do.

35 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Just watched it twice. Definitely clear contact from White with the players trailing foot and he made no contact with the ball. Plymouth player obviously made the most of the opportunity but if that was a challenge on one of our players in the box I'd expect a penalty.

Sorry but all these 'certain people made sure' hints at dark hidden conspiracies are just daft. The refs aren't great in League One but it's not a continuation of what was, in any case, an entirely imaginary EFL vendetta. White and Rooney need to learn not to give the ref a decision to make - that's all.

Clowes has been clear we now have a good relationship with the EFL and he wants to keep it that way. The key role Trevor Burch played in helping make the Clowes takeover happen has also been acknowledged. It's time for us as a fanbase to move on from the toxicity of the Mel Morris era...

26 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Thats not how football has been for the past 20 years. Its not going to change for one game just to help us

He did touch him. There is video evidence of said event. The ref doesn't have the benefit of video, but we do.

Well actually they do and that's what 4th official is for and I was there mate.

He never freaking touched him.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Well said mate.  It takes guts to admit you were mistaken, and to change your opinion.

Respect!  ??

I meant to say it was not pently

Even sport scence was saying it was not one and ref saying saying sorry afterwards to korey smith if I was say to mmm late mate go away I dont want to hear it get out of my site.