NFL 2023 Season

Day

2 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Hello Chaps

Apologies for the long term absence, been a fairly tumultuous couple of years off the pitch for Leicester Ram unfortunately

The Dynasty league was something I was very happy to do when I was basically unemployed

I’m now exhaustingly employed, living in London and have been dealing with a lot of really unfortunate family/personal life stuff - it’s not a environment which is conducive to the rigours of fantasy football commissionership

Sadly, I’ve lost a lot of interest in the NFL and now Derby. Been a tricky few years and what really put the nail in the coffin was that my uncle, who was the person who got me into football, made me a Derby fan and I had my season ticket with, unfortunately died of a heart attack in April - it’s been pretty devastating

I quite frankly (and this is no reflection on any of you who are all a great laugh and have always been a pleasure to deal with) couldn’t give a f*** anymore

I’m just not really interested in dealing any of this and hope people understand. I was going to see how I felt closer to the start of the season and see if I wanted to pick it up again but I’m on a much needed holiday this week and have had a bit of time to think about a few things - I know that I won’t want to do it again. I feel bad because it’s really not *that* much effort but I’m a wasted spot in the league and the past season really reflects that , I would feel very bad for whoever takes my team on lol

I know there were others in the league who weren’t interested in carrying on as well so I would suggest that either:

Someone else can take my spot as commissioner and can find owners for the other teams

Or I’ll nuke the league and you guys can start fresh with potentially a smaller group of the committed ones? That’s what I’d suggest, you’ll have the fun of a draft and maybe have more of a laugh with 8 of you having a better share of the players?

Apologies to those who put together some great teams and were looking forward to it continuing, I wish things were different - I owe you a beer if I ever meet you in the Brunny!

Cheers

@David @Carnero @Ambitious @jimbo jones @Mr Tibbs and all the others in the league 

Sorry to hear about your loss mate, I hope the future holds some good things for you and your family.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/07/2023 at 19:16, Leicester Ram said:

Hello Chaps

Apologies for the long term absence, been a fairly tumultuous couple of years off the pitch for Leicester Ram unfortunately

The Dynasty league was something I was very happy to do when I was basically unemployed

I’m now exhaustingly employed, living in London and have been dealing with a lot of really unfortunate family/personal life stuff - it’s not a environment which is conducive to the rigours of fantasy football commissionership

Sadly, I’ve lost a lot of interest in the NFL and now Derby. Been a tricky few years and what really put the nail in the coffin was that my uncle, who was the person who got me into football, made me a Derby fan and I had my season ticket with, unfortunately died of a heart attack in April - it’s been pretty devastating

I quite frankly (and this is no reflection on any of you who are all a great laugh and have always been a pleasure to deal with) couldn’t give a f*** anymore

I’m just not really interested in dealing any of this and hope people understand. I was going to see how I felt closer to the start of the season and see if I wanted to pick it up again but I’m on a much needed holiday this week and have had a bit of time to think about a few things - I know that I won’t want to do it again. I feel bad because it’s really not *that* much effort but I’m a wasted spot in the league and the past season really reflects that , I would feel very bad for whoever takes my team on lol

I know there were others in the league who weren’t interested in carrying on as well so I would suggest that either:

Someone else can take my spot as commissioner and can find owners for the other teams

Or I’ll nuke the league and you guys can start fresh with potentially a smaller group of the committed ones? That’s what I’d suggest, you’ll have the fun of a draft and maybe have more of a laugh with 8 of you having a better share of the players?

Apologies to those who put together some great teams and were looking forward to it continuing, I wish things were different - I owe you a beer if I ever meet you in the Brunny!

Cheers

@David @Carnero @Ambitious @jimbo jones @Mr Tibbs and all the others in the league 

Sorry to hear all this. Fantasy is fun, but you’re right to stop if you’ve not got the headspace. I hope things improve for you

Probably need to discuss a draft date/time on this one too.

As for the dynasty league, I'm up for doing it if it's a complete restart. I inherited a team so wasn't really invested in it as I had no choices in there.

I've just set Friday September 1st, 12hr pick clock. That's a week before the season starts. 

Any issues with that, shout up.

The clock time is paused between 5am and 2pm for Bco who is in the US time zone.

IMG_1941.jpeg

27 minutes ago, David said:

As for Dynasty, I would be open to that as well. Shout up who is and I'll get a new league set up.

I’ll defo be up for a dynasty as it’s mostly the format I play now. I did say end of last year I wasn’t going to do redraft again but sod it. 

Could I possibly request a Superflex for both leagues? Having to play 2 QB per team really makes that position better.

5 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

I’ll defo be up for a dynasty as it’s mostly the format I play now. I did say end of last year I wasn’t going to do redraft again but sod it. 

Could I possibly request a Superflex for both leagues? Having to play 2 QB per team really makes that position better.

I have copied the settings over from our previous Dynasty League, which includes Superflex, I was going to suggest reverting to 1 QB though as it felt a bit cheesy having 2, but will go with the majority.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 09/09/2023 at 20:13, David said:

Breaking news, Cooper Kupp is broken again and placed on IR.

The Calvert Lewin of the NFL. 

I'd say a huge loss for the Rams, but then again I doubt any of you fans have much hope for this season anyway?

Similar to England in the rugby, wasn't expecting anything from the Rams this year, possibly expecting them to be ranked bottom of the NFL. Hopefully, both  England and the Rams results weren't a flash in the pan over the weekend, although the Rams usually seem to do well in Seattle.

Ravens back to the familiar sight of multiple starters being injured.

We are down the starting TE, CB, FS, LT, C and RB already. Dobbins out for the season, Williams out for a significant portion of it. Perennially a crocked team.

On 09/09/2023 at 20:13, David said:

Breaking news, Cooper Kupp is broken again and placed on IR.

The Calvert Lewin of the NFL. 

I'd say a huge loss for the Rams, but then again I doubt any of you fans have much hope for this season anyway?

Still 1-0 though 😂

In Kupp's absence, Puka Nacua looks like an absolute star. Even Tutu Atwell, who I was convinced was a bust, stepped up big time.

I expect us to do no better than 6-11 tbh. Anything more than that would be incredible with the inexperience and lack of proven quality on the roster.