NFL 2023 Season

Day

Just now, Carnero said:

No way Bijan is there at 23 😂

Plenty think he will be there past 23. I wouldn’t be massively surprised if he was, and I wouldn't want us to take him either. As talented as he is, a great RB doesn't really move the needle for us.

Did you do the whole draft @jimbo jones ?

I went back to bed after the Jets at pick 15, about 3am... 2hrs for 15 picks they sure know how to drag things out don't they!

What a round 1 for the Eagles - Jalen Carter at 9 and Nolan Smith at 31! Some people were tipping Smith for the Falcons at 8!!

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

Did you do the whole draft @jimbo jones ?

I went back to bed after the Jets at pick 15, about 3am... 2hrs for 15 picks they sure know how to drag things out don't they!

What a round 1 for the Eagles - Jalen Carter at 9 and Nolan Smith at 31! Some people were tipping Smith for the Falcons at 8!!

Went to bed after the Vikings pick...had to be up at 6:30 

Eagles looking so strong in the NFC, meanwhile I don't know what the Lions were doing 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/05/2023 at 15:40, Carnero said:

Ahh, the lesser-spotted @Leicester Ram... 

Hello Chaps

Apologies for the long term absence, been a fairly tumultuous couple of years off the pitch for Leicester Ram unfortunately

The Dynasty league was something I was very happy to do when I was basically unemployed

I’m now exhaustingly employed, living in London and have been dealing with a lot of really unfortunate family/personal life stuff - it’s not a environment which is conducive to the rigours of fantasy football commissionership

Sadly, I’ve lost a lot of interest in the NFL and now Derby. Been a tricky few years and what really put the nail in the coffin was that my uncle, who was the person who got me into football, made me a Derby fan and I had my season ticket with, unfortunately died of a heart attack in April - it’s been pretty devastating

I quite frankly (and this is no reflection on any of you who are all a great laugh and have always been a pleasure to deal with) couldn’t give a f*** anymore

I’m just not really interested in dealing any of this and hope people understand. I was going to see how I felt closer to the start of the season and see if I wanted to pick it up again but I’m on a much needed holiday this week and have had a bit of time to think about a few things - I know that I won’t want to do it again. I feel bad because it’s really not *that* much effort but I’m a wasted spot in the league and the past season really reflects that , I would feel very bad for whoever takes my team on lol

I know there were others in the league who weren’t interested in carrying on as well so I would suggest that either:

Someone else can take my spot as commissioner and can find owners for the other teams

Or I’ll nuke the league and you guys can start fresh with potentially a smaller group of the committed ones? That’s what I’d suggest, you’ll have the fun of a draft and maybe have more of a laugh with 8 of you having a better share of the players?

Apologies to those who put together some great teams and were looking forward to it continuing, I wish things were different - I owe you a beer if I ever meet you in the Brunny!

Cheers

@David @Carnero @Ambitious @jimbo jones @Mr Tibbs and all the others in the league 

40 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Hello Chaps

Apologies for the long term absence, been a fairly tumultuous couple of years off the pitch for Leicester Ram unfortunately

The Dynasty league was something I was very happy to do when I was basically unemployed

I’m now exhaustingly employed, living in London and have been dealing with a lot of really unfortunate family/personal life stuff - it’s not a environment which is conducive to the rigours of fantasy football commissionership

Sadly, I’ve lost a lot of interest in the NFL and now Derby. Been a tricky few years and what really put the nail in the coffin was that my uncle, who was the person who got me into football, made me a Derby fan and I had my season ticket with, unfortunately died of a heart attack in April - it’s been pretty devastating

I quite frankly (and this is no reflection on any of you who are all a great laugh and have always been a pleasure to deal with) couldn’t give a f*** anymore

I’m just not really interested in dealing any of this and hope people understand. I was going to see how I felt closer to the start of the season and see if I wanted to pick it up again but I’m on a much needed holiday this week and have had a bit of time to think about a few things - I know that I won’t want to do it again. I feel bad because it’s really not *that* much effort but I’m a wasted spot in the league and the past season really reflects that , I would feel very bad for whoever takes my team on lol

I know there were others in the league who weren’t interested in carrying on as well so I would suggest that either:

Someone else can take my spot as commissioner and can find owners for the other teams

Or I’ll nuke the league and you guys can start fresh with potentially a smaller group of the committed ones? That’s what I’d suggest, you’ll have the fun of a draft and maybe have more of a laugh with 8 of you having a better share of the players?

Apologies to those who put together some great teams and were looking forward to it continuing, I wish things were different - I owe you a beer if I ever meet you in the Brunny!

Cheers

@David @Carnero @Ambitious @jimbo jones @Mr Tibbs and all the others in the league 

Ahh man, sorry to hear about the loss of your Uncle and your other family problems.

It's been a fun ride... you just take care of yourself and those important to you 👍

Ps... nuke the league for me... @David's team is too good as I didn't get to build mine from scratch... 😉

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

Hello Chaps

Cheers

Sorry to hear about your uncle.

With regards to the league, set me as commish then I'll see what the others want to do as we'll have 2 teams that need taking over, nuking might be for the best.

Was you in the other league as well?