The Spotted Horse

oldtimeram

Loved the Spotted Horse. As a 15/16 year old you could only get served in pubs on match days when it was too busy for the barman to pull you up about your age.

We used to mingle in with older lads and get served in there, They also had cheese and ham rolls on sale which was unusual in 1975!

The walk to the ground from there with a group of blokes drunk on Double Diamond and Skol Lager was exciting and sometimes dangerous as you'd meet away mobs on Ossie Road/Ivy Square.

What a time to be a young Derby fan. ??♥️

16 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Who remembers the bovver boys with their Doc Marten boots and short jeans who used to congregate in the Spotted Horse before matches in the 1970s.  I only went in there once to meet my mate Tez Sprinthall and found it to be way too intimidating for my taste lol

Any memories of those days in there?

I was a frequent visitor...Levi jeans, Ben Sherman shirt/Fred Perry, Braces(not on my teeth), Cherry Red Docs and fluorescent socks ?

K O'reily, L Lightning, O Owen, Herbie, F Howard, ACCA, P Millward, Geordie, P Clarke would also sink a few in there, Also a female called Freddie...Then a march to the ground up Saint Peters Street.

15 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

I was a frequent visitor...Levi jeans, Ben Sherman shirt/Fred Perry, Braces(not on my teeth), Cherry Red Docs and fluorescent socks ?

K O'reily, L Lightning, O Owen, Herbie, F Howard, ACCA, P Millward, Geordie, P Clarke would also sink a few in there, Also a female called Freddie...Then a march to the ground up Saint Peters Street.

MV5BNTlmZTQ1MWQtNjhjYy00NWE2LTg3ODEtMjQ4ZGZhZWE0M2NhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODY2Njk4ODk@._V1_.jpg

2 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

I think it was coyote wild and now a Pole dancing club (not that I’ve been) ?

Flamingo and firkin? Or was that next to Berlins?

Knotted snake?

Edited by Boycie
The name before the 90’s coyote wild.

The Spotted was where the "gentleman's club" is now. 

There used to be a running gag that if you wanted to start a stampede, all you had to do was stick your head round the door of the Spotted and shout "Taxi for Chaddesden?!". The reality was, only an idiot would do that. As Last Post said, allot of the infamous old hoolies pre-DLF used to drink in there and it wasn't a place to be taking liberties.