No more transfer news leaks

NimonicRam

Football is all about emotional rollercoasters.

Rumour that your club is chasing some superstar signing leads to feelings of disbelief, hope, excitement, anticipation, impatience.

Eventually to be followed by realization, disappointment, despondency, disillusionment, pain, anxiety.

It's what we're all in it for.

20 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Football is all about emotional rollercoasters.

Rumour that your club is chasing some superstar signing leads to feelings of disbelief, hope, excitement, anticipation, impatience.

Eventually to be followed by realization, disappointment, despondency, disillusionment, pain, anxiety.

It's what we're all in it for.

I am enjoying this transfer window much better than last January!

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I am enjoying this transfer window much better than last January!

Yeah. That one especially but any where departures are more likely than arrivals. Stress.

That's another emotion to be ticked off the list.

Edited by IslandExile

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I want to know who are these players he is lining up for derby.

You’ll know as soon as all of us.

No need to worry, maybe we won’t get anyone in the end?  This teams got togetherness, I’m not worried if we don’t end up signing anyone.

But, we can’t spend any money, he must be the right age and must be the right type of person who can fit in our close knit group of friends.  It’ll be difficult to find.

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

You’ll know as soon as all of us.

No need to worry, maybe we won’t get anyone in the end?  This teams got togetherness, I’m not worried if we don’t end up signing anyone.

But, we can’t spend any money, he must be the right age and must be the right type of person who can fit in our close knit group of friends.  It’ll be difficult to find.

Close knit group you say.

I find it quite remarkable that a group, predominantly thrown together in a very short space of time, and so very recently, have become such a close knit group.

Last season our predicament surely forged the group of players that we had together.

But this season is different. We have no such predicament.

So is it the small nature of the current group, or simply down to the culture created by PW and his team that has brought them together so well?

Whatever it is, I believe that if PW brings in anybody in, they'll probably fit in nicely.

And if we don't bring anybody in, then I think the current group can get us up.

My biggest fear is should we lose a key player, what effect that might have on the group.

3 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Close knit group you say.

I find it quite remarkable that a group, predominantly thrown together in a very short space of time, and so very recently, have become such a close knit group.

Last season our predicament surely forged the group of players that we had together.

But this season is different. We have no such predicament.

So is it the small nature of the current group, or simply down to the culture created by PW and his team that has brought them together so well?

Whatever it is, I believe that if PW brings in anybody in, they'll probably fit in nicely.

And if we don't bring anybody in, then I think the current group can get us up.

My biggest fear is should we lose a key player, what effect that might have on the group.

I think it’s the mugs for scoring.  We all like a free mug, and I think these mugs have a lady in underwear on them which disappears when hot liquid is poured into them.

Simple, but very effective.

LR takes some credit for the close knit group I think. When the players were being signed a lot was said about players who knew each other already and how existing squad members, such as Stearman, were used to ensure the right characters were being brought in. Given the limited time he had and the limited pool of players available due to the restrictions LR did a great recruitment job. And Warne is now doing a great job getting a tune out of players he didn’t sign.

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

I think it’s the mugs for scoring.  We all like a free mug, and I think these mugs have a lady in underwear on them which disappears when hot liquid is poured into them.

Simple, but very effective.

Apparently, they get better the higher the league we're in. Scratch and sniff ones in the Premier League.

We would all recognise a club performing well on the pitch decides to strengthen from a position of strength in the Jan window, and brings in the wrong players, upsetting the delicate balance that was delivering performances pre Xmas.

Whilst we need a right back and some more attacking weaponry, I’m sure Warne will be aware of the need to maintain the balance, and will be treading cautiously. For me one or two of the right type is what we need, no prima donnas and that includes Madonna and Maradona.

Edited by Matchday Fred