RIP Dennis Cross

Uttoxram62

I got the text yesterday evening that he'd passed away, Top lad in the FV stakes, Cracking fella off it, He had a mixed life, Spent time at her majesties, Fell out with a business partner, Had the York Tavern boozer where he cooked the food, Had a stroke a few years back, Only a few people I knew who were fearsome characters DC was one of them.

15 hours ago, Rev said:

I'm a bit young to know him, or his past. 

He seems to have been a much loved Ram, anyone have any stories to share on here?

I'd heard of him quite a lot before I knew him. Then realised the pleasant, polite, almost gentle-giant in my local was one and the same. Had the pleasure of his company for a good twenty years but without considering us friends. Always thought he was a class act. Polite to strangers, easy to make laugh, no arrogance that I witnessed. I once gave him a Derby County high-viz vest when I was a steward. He loved it but was at least 3 sizes bigger than me! Not sure what he did with it!

15 hours ago, Rev said:

I'm a bit young to know him, or his past. 

He seems to have been a much loved Ram, anyone have any stories to share on here?

Far too many for this site where glorifying football violence would be frowned upon, Yes a much loved fella who was at the head of the dark arts of football.

16 hours ago, Biley66 said:

RIP.

Cracking little firm back in the day ..

A hard core of 60+, Took over London at Euro 96, An estimated 200 Derby lads there.

When Danny Dyer did his Hooligan programmes a lot weren't happy when ventured/invited into the Neptune, Some did it for the glory of TV, Others thought it was a silly exercise.