Adam Idah

Sean

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Magicman said:

One swallow does not make a summer ! Everyone was getting more & more frustrated by his inability to score - all over the media & pro commenters so my observations were correct . Lets see if that wonder goal turns him into the next best thing next ?

That's the spirit. Every silver lining has a cloud, right?

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

One swallow does not make a summer ! Everyone was getting more & more frustrated by his inability to score - all over the media & pro commenters so my observations were correct . Lets see if that wonder goal turns him into the next best thing next ?

“Everyone”, “all over the media” and “pro-commentators” strikes me as a tad hyperbolic. The same media and pro-commentators who did a half time feature on how well he was playing and commented during the match about the threat he offers? 

His own manager is quoted after the game saying “Dobbin’s work rate alone gets him in the team”.

A more balanced view would be “SOME fans are frustrated by his missed opportunities, SOME fans can see what he offers to the team and hope he’ll do well, SOME fans have a weird need to attack him as a 19 year old still learning the game, and his manager rates him and is playing him in a Derby side that is going well at the minute and can do better still”.

20 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

“Everyone”, “all over the media” and “pro-commentators” strikes me as a tad hyperbolic. The same media and pro-commentators who did a half time feature on how well he was playing and commented during the match about the threat he offers? 

His own manager is quoted after the game saying “Dobbin’s work rate alone gets him in the team”.

A more balanced view would be “SOME fans are frustrated by his missed opportunities, SOME fans can see what he offers to the team and hope he’ll do well, SOME fans have a weird need to attack him as a 19 year old still learning the game, and his manager rates him and is playing him in a Derby side that is going well at the minute and can do better still”.

It’s also not like we have a bunch of quality players ready to play the same position.

Isn’t this supposed to be a thread about some chap called Adam Idah, rather than the “Magicman hates Dobbin for not being a 30 goal a year striker at the age of 19 playing his first season in League football on loan to a League 1 team who hardly have the pick of the best young players in the country anymore and who is actually doing quite well by any rational and objective standard and giving any consideration to context” thread? 

5 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Isn’t this supposed to be a thread about some chap called Adam Idah, rather than the “Magicman hates Dobbin for not being a 30 goal a year striker at the age of 19 playing his first season in League football on loan to a League 1 team who hardly have the pick of the best young players in the country anymore and who is actually doing quite well by any rational and objective standard and giving any consideration to context” thread? 

May be after his worldy last night he will get a fanboy page next !!

6 hours ago, Magicman said:

You know, if the team is buzzing / scoring goals and he is part of the forward line that’s doing it, does an individual tally carry that much weight. ? It’s interesting now we are scoring goals, how many different scorers there are in this seasons line up. The team’s effectiveness is what counts and Dobbin has been an influential part of that -  particularly over the last 4/5 games. He’s 19, he’s just scored goal of the month and the team he’s in is playing well. 

I think your observations are incorrect because they fail to register so much data beyond individual goals scored in what is a team game.

On 16/11/2022 at 11:43, Magicman said:

Sleepy Good Morning GIF by Hello All wow Stretton , Dobbin who is next

8 hours ago, Magicman said:

One swallow - lets see him doing it more often and those far post tap ins.?

I don't even think folk really mind your waffling on, it's kind of expected these days. I think what probably amuses folk more is that you're such a hopeless judge of a young player. Dobbin has missed too many one on ones, most would agree, but he will prove a class above the majority of those you choose not to slate.

For s**** and giggles, what odds would you give me against him reaching double figures this season. A very safe bet he won't in your mind clearly, given your assessments so far ?