The 113 ex Rams still playing - where are they now?

admira

43 minutes ago, Baffled said:

The attached article from The Athletic https://archive.ph/20211130171732/https://theathletic.com/2666370/2021/06/23/why-derbys-young-star-archie-brown-turned-down-a-new-deal-to-go-to-switzerland/ gives some background as to why Archie left.  The article doesn't actually mention any EFL restrictions.  While that doesn't mean they didn't exist, there is nothing in the article to suggest that Archie was anything other than keen to move on.  While  I used to love watching him play, I think even with  our Rams rose-tinted spectacles on it's a little generous to bracket him with Saka. 

Eight of the starting 11 that night have gone on to have decent league careers - an amazing number.  Let's hope that it's not a one-off........... 

There's a lot of developing between u18s and senior level so I agree, just remember thinking 'wow, our youngsters are THAT good' given the level of hype that was already around Saka.

Did find this cracking photo of Cashin about to crunch him though 😂

image.thumb.png.590f092579792e46c2c620ac3e08867b.png

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thanks to ramsreview for this.

I wish we did the same in the UK. Would save a lot of wild speculation.

Russell I can understand, senior pro and club captain at SKC. But Jozwiak? 

And as RR says, Byrne might have been better staying put.

I agree. Wages are just as, if not more important, than transfer fees when judging players in the modern game, especially when clubs are working to restricted FFP budgets. It's impossible to accurately and fairly asses how important a player is to the club without knowing what they're paid.

5 minutes ago, Anon said:

I read some Charlotte FC forums to see what their fans make of Jozwiak. He was garbage in his first season, but seems to be winning people around now. Interestingly they all think Byrne is vastly overpaid and a waste of salary cap.

I can see why they'd say that... Jozwiak has 4 goals and 4 assists in his last 7 games. Missed 4 of the last 6 games due to injury though.
Byrne hardly played last season (injury?). He's become more of a regular this season, due to filling in at LB. For a player whose greater asset is his crossing, it's unsurprising to see him not produce any thing when playing on the left.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...