The 113 ex Rams still playing - where are they now?

admira

• 3 months later...
On 29/10/2022 at 21:19, angieram said:

Archie Brown - FCLausanne Sport

Notice Archie Brown playing regularly at full back now, scored last goal for Lausanne yesterday, as his team won 3-2 away. They’re comfortable 3rd in the league and could go up to the top tier.

Something tells me this is another, sadly enforced missed gem. He could well have been competing for a spot in our starting 11 right now.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, angieram said:

If we can't persuade Haydon Roberts to stay, we could do worse than re-sign this guy. Left wing back was always his best position.

Sorry, but I don't know who it is. I don't understand what's written either, apart from the last sentence where it says they've got a match or summat.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Was he sold or jumped from the sinking ship?

Let go, I think.

At the time we'd got Buchanan and Dylan Williams. And we were playing with a flat back four, whereas Archie is a very attacking wingback. Good in air. Would suit Warne.

Edited by angieram

4 hours ago, angieram said:

Let go, I think.

At the time we'd got Buchanan and Dylan Williams. And we were playing with a flat back four, whereas Archie is a very attacking wingback. Good in air. Would suit Warne.

Just checked, turned down a new deal. 🐀

On 29/04/2023 at 14:00, angieram said:

Let go, I think.

I think the issue was we couldn't give him first team games due to the EFL's rules where 1 minute on the pitch would have counted him as a first team player

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think the issue was we couldn't give him first team games due to the EFL's rules where 1 minute on the pitch would have counted him as a first team player

Thanks, GOC. I never got the impression he was keen to leave. 

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thanks, GOC. I never got the impression he was keen to leave. 

I would say a keenness for first team football. Remember, we couldn't even loan him out or it would count against our quota.

Under the restrictions we had, we would have had to let go of either Forsyth or Buchanan to give Archie the first team football he needed. 

On 29/04/2023 at 14:00, angieram said:

Let go, I think.

Was it him that scored the hattrick when the u18s beat Arsenal 5-2 to win the title (think Whittaker got the other 2)?

I remember thinking he'd be the one to make it as it was Bukayo Saka that got the 2 for Arsenal, as even then he had a lot of hype around him... and look at him now. Kind of mental we let an attacking fullback that outscored Saka on the day leave...

28 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Was it him that scored the hattrick when the u18s beat Arsenal 5-2 to win the title (think Whittaker got the other 2)?

I remember thinking he'd be the one to make it as it was Bukayo Saka that got the 2 for Arsenal, as even then he had a lot of hype around him... and look at him now. Kind of mental we let an attacking fullback that outscored Saka on the day leave...

The attached article from The Athletic https://archive.ph/20211130171732/https://theathletic.com/2666370/2021/06/23/why-derbys-young-star-archie-brown-turned-down-a-new-deal-to-go-to-switzerland/ gives some background as to why Archie left.  The article doesn't actually mention any EFL restrictions.  While that doesn't mean they didn't exist, there is nothing in the article to suggest that Archie was anything other than keen to move on.  While  I used to love watching him play, I think even with  our Rams rose-tinted spectacles on it's a little generous to bracket him with Saka. 

Eight of the starting 11 that night have gone on to have decent league careers - an amazing number.  Let's hope that it's not a one-off........... 

47 minutes ago, Baffled said:

The attached article from The Athletic https://archive.ph/20211130171732/https://theathletic.com/2666370/2021/06/23/why-derbys-young-star-archie-brown-turned-down-a-new-deal-to-go-to-switzerland/ gives some background as to why Archie left.  The article doesn't actually mention any EFL restrictions.  While that doesn't mean they didn't exist, there is nothing in the article to suggest that Archie was anything other than keen to move on.  While  I used to love watching him play, I think even with  our Rams rose-tinted spectacles on it's a little generous to bracket him with Saka. 

Eight of the starting 11 that night have gone on to have decent league careers - an amazing number.  Let's hope that it's not a one-off........... 

Thanks for that article, first time I've seen it as I don't subscribe. 

I recall Ryan Conway spent a lot of time with the Brown's, he used to sit with Archie's dad at games, so probably had a bit of an inside track on the reasoning.

I agree about his defensive failties if playing as a fullback, but still think he'd make an excellent wingback for us. Warne's preferred system, of course, which wasn't on the radar when Archie left.

He's got a great cross on him and an eye for a goal. He seems to be enjoying his time at Lausanne and they appear to love him too.