FA cup

Foreveram

9 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

The Cup really seems to have lost favour. Only the South and East stands open yet there are still 1756 seats available in the "home end". Barnsley won't fill the SE Corner either. I doubt we'll get more than 13K in for the game.

That’s a bold prediction when there’s only 8,810 home tickets available ?

13 minutes ago, Crewton said:

It's also more available seats than either of us counted yesterday? Have they opened additional blocks? 

East stand lower C and upper D an additional 982 seats, which now make up the majority of the seats left in the East stand.

With almost three full days to go I think these will sell out and then they will probably open the last two unused blocks at the opposite end of the stand next to the away fans, which will then require extra stewards.

50 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Crowd must be pushing towards 9k now, be good to get to 10k considering how few tickets had been sold about a week ago. 

Agreed. Whatever the crowd I think it’ll compare very favourably to many other fixtures. 

On 05/01/2023 at 11:09, MadAmster said:

The Cup really seems to have lost favour. Only the South and East stands open yet there are still 1756 seats available in the "home end". Barnsley won't fill the SE Corner either. I doubt we'll get more than 13K in for the game.

Derby like a lot of teams havent bothered in the cups fielding weak teams. Maybe with thinner squads it’s been closer to a first team in the last couple of seasons but it’s demoralising buying a ticket and seeing a reserve team. Seeing teams like Wigan Birmingham and Leicester win cups in the last couple of decades, it’s a shame Derby have not been anywhere near. 

2 hours ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Crowd must be pushing towards 9k now, be good to get to 10k considering how few tickets had been sold about a week ago. 

Barnsley had sold 1,054 by last night, their ticket sales finished at lunch time today, so more than 9,000 sold now.

It will be around 10,000 if no more blocks are opened.

24 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Another block opened in the South Stand, so another 600 odd tickets available

The club seem to have gauged demand for the game really well. By Sunday it looks as though there'll only be a few tickets left in the two stands that are open. Right now, this sort of efficient management is so important and points to the club being very well run. I wonder if we're currently managing to break even? A fantastic achievement if so.

20 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Another block opened in the South Stand, so another 600 odd tickets available

It’s actually two blocks of just over 800 tickets in the South Stand, great if you want to be in that stand but it’s the East stand that’s closest to selling out with just over 200 seats left, many of them singles.

10 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

It’s actually two blocks of just over 800 tickets in the South Stand, great if you want to be in that stand but it’s the East stand that’s closest to selling out with just over 200 seats left, many of them singles.

I think someone’s tracking me?

321 more tickets just added to the East stand.