Lewis Dobbin

Premier ram

On 24/08/2022 at 11:28, Premier ram said:

Very good performance from Lewis last night , electric pace , intelligent use of the ball , not frightened to shoot , think he will be some player for us this season

Very exciting prospect. Once he gets fully up to speed, he is going to be a regular starter. He will terrorise League One defences. 

Lots of promise but his shooting surprises me (in how poor it's been so far). He keeps hitting the defender in front of him. But he does affect the game so must be pushing for a start. Who would he play instead of? Barkhuizen doesn't impact the game as much but is a much better finisher. Mendez-Laing also affects the match, but like Dobbin often lacks end product. Maybe it's a choice between Mendez-Laing's strength or Dobbin's pace?

Because Dobbin is doing the official social media today I presume he will be in the starting lineup against Peterborough.

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Lots of promise but his shooting surprises me (in how poor it's been so far). He keeps hitting the defender in front of him. But he does affect the game so must be pushing for a start. Who would he play instead of? Barkhuizen doesn't impact the game as much but is a much better finisher. Mendez-Laing also affects the match, but like Dobbin often lacks end product. Maybe it's a choice between Mendez-Laing's strength or Dobbin's pace?

Because Dobbin is doing the official social media today I presume he will be in the starting lineup against Peterborough.

No NML so got to expect Dobbin gets the nod there.

Barkhuizen or Sibley I think is his other choice.

I think McGoldrick will start with Collins.

Dobbin looks like a great player in the making. Maybe rushes his shots too much at the moment.

Very early in his career, but the signs are good so far. Very quick, tricky, and scares the f*** out of opposition defenders when he runs out at them. Exactly what you like to see from a young winger. Can see why Rosenior wanted to bring him in so desperately, hopefully he’ll be a key player for us this season. Still quite raw in terms of end product though - so it’s probably a little early to get overexcited yet.

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Mentioned a January recall option for Everton on Radio Derby if he does well.  That means we'll have to get that lazy s******** back to warm the bench who replaced Ibe.  Where did he end up.  Non league I should expect.

Took me a few minutes to work that out cos I started with ibe v2 and couldn't work out how anyone could possibly be lazier than a player who didn't play at all...... ?

Got it eventually tho.... ?

Two assists from his last two games.

what I like about him is that he has pace to burn but looks like a good footballer too. He has a great turn on him. Yesterday was his first 90 mins in mens football so I think it’s easy to forget how early on in his career he is. 
think there is a lot more to come from him, Didzy, Barks, Collins to compliment NML and Sibley .. when this team start stretching their legs and go for it we could well be a formidable force in this league.

As a point of context it was a approx 2 months ago that my son asked who we should support if there is no Derby County.

well done and thank you David Clowes and to Liam and his staff

I was looking forward to watching him yesterday but for the first twenty minutes or so he looked really out of sorts. 

However one run and pass to Sibley and a subsequent shot seemed to galvanise him and from then on he looked lively.

He did really well to get to the byline to create the winning goal.

Someone I spoke to after the game said he ‘did nothing’. Interesting ?

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I was looking forward to watching him yesterday but for the first twenty minutes or so he looked really out of sorts. 

However one run and pass to Sibley and a subsequent shot seemed to galvanise him and from then on he looked lively.

He did really well to get to the byline to create the winning goal.

Someone I spoke to after the game said he ‘did nothing’. Interesting ?

Radio Derby (especially Charlie Palmer) were very critical of him and how he kept taking up a poor starting position to be able to run at the full back, so I was intrigued to watch the full 90. I thought he had maybe three or four good moments but that was about it, but one was the assist for the winner. At the moment, if Mendez-Laing were in contention I would play NML with Dobbin coming off the bench. I thought when Barkhuizen moved onto the right after some of the subs he also proved more effective than the young lad. But Dobbin's raw and this is his first season in men's football, and he'll likely get a lot better as we go through. I like him and I'd give him another start in the Papa Johns but when everyone's fit I wouldn't (yet) start him in the league.