Haaland

LERam

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Screenshot 2022-09-02 at 08.47.38.png

being fair to roy he was probably right at that time

haaland was a small striker up until he had a freakish growth spurt. that is probably why he is so well rounded as a player because he played like an agile forward.

he is only a few cm's taller than solskjaer here when he played for molde 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToDO_0EOEWaIALg7z6jsm

7 minutes ago, alram said:

haaland was a small striker up until he had a freakish growth spurt. that is probably why he is so well rounded as a player because he played like an agile forward.

Get out of here with your facts and logic. It doesn't fit the narrative of the picture!

40 minutes ago, alram said:

Who has bags of talent, succeeded elsewhere but didn't in the prem? And the reasoning down to not being physical enough? 

Surely if you have undeniable talent, physicality can be trained?

1 hour ago, LERam said:

Who has bags of talent, succeeded elsewhere but didn't in the prem? And the reasoning down to not being physical enough? 

i am not going to stick up for roy hodgson

but he is right in the comment that he didnt have the physicality for the prem at that time, that is why he went austria and no other prem team took a gamble on him straight away. i am sure plenty would have been watching him.

i dont think anybody saw him becoming the striker he has become when he was at molde. but then he grew into a physical monster. look at his goal records as a player both internationally and nationally, he really exploded as a player when he had the growth spurt in 2018/19

Edited by alram

8 hours ago, alram said:

i am not going to stick up for roy hodgson

but he is right in the comment that he didnt have the physicality for the prem at that time, that is why he went austria and no other prem team took a gamble on him straight away. i am sure plenty would have been watching him.

i dont think anybody saw him becoming the striker he has become when he was at molde. but then he grew into a physical monster. look at his goal records as a player both internationally and nationally, he really exploded as a player when he had the growth spurt in 2018/19

Also

If they had taken a chance, one good season and he'd have been poached by the big clubs, for a reasonable profit. He wouldn't have shot them to greatness 

I'm just trying to think of players who didn't make it because of the physicality. It seems like it's something you can work on if you think they are good enough. Look at Ronaldo when he came, he was a scrawny teen

Edited by LERam

13 hours ago, LERam said:

Managers like Roy will only go for players who give you a physical advantage. Players like Lionel Messi, George Best, maybe even a young Maradona will get overlooked by managers playing the percentage game.

Chelsea getting rid of young kids like Kevin De Bruyne and Mo Salah sums up modern football perfectly. They must not have been physical enough at 16.

4 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Managers like Roy will only go for players who give you a physical advantage. Players like Lionel Messi, George Best, maybe even a young Maradona will get overlooked by managers playing the percentage game.

Chelsea getting rid of young kids like Kevin De Bruyne and Mo Salah sums up modern football perfectly. They must not have been physical enough at 16.

Our own Jim Smith had him on trial at Birmingham and decided he was too small to make the grade.  Prior to that had a moved lined up to Sheff United for 200 k. they went for someone else as the board weren't sure if he was big enough and the other option was 40 k cheaper.  The manager was keen to be fair but overruled.  They were a Divison 2 team at the time so he'd probably have done alright. 

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Our own Jim Smith had him on trial at Birmingham and decided he was too small to make the grade.  Prior to that had a moved lined up to Sheff United for 200 k. they went for someone else as the board weren't sure if he was big enough and the other option was 40 k cheaper.  The manager was keen to be fair but overruled.  They were a Divison 2 team at the time so he'd probably have done alright. 

He would have handled it ok I think 

17 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

The sold De Bruyne aged 23 and Salah aged 24

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 02/09/2022 at 21:41, LERam said:

'm just trying to think of players who didn't make it because of the physicality. It seems like it's something you can work on if you think they are good enough

Not clear what is meant by ‘physicality’, but not at all convinced it can be taught.

There’s athleticism, speed, acceleration, strength on the ball, strength off the ball, strength in the air, energy and drive - and they’re all different. There are players who make a living out of just one of these attributes. Haarland has most of them and combines that with being deadly in front of goal. 

• 1 month later...

Wow. It’s been said before, but the man is a machine, a monster. 8 goals in two games this week!

I don’t why, but I’m really enjoying following his story. It’s been said that he’s still not necessarily on course to beat that incredible season messi had scoring 73 goals (but he might), but for reason I didn’t really pay much attention to that. It was happening over there, it didn’t really count. It la not like I’m in the éticas watching haaland, I’m just catching highlights on YouTube, which I probably could’ve done with messi, but for some reason it feels more real cos it’s here and in the premier league. In no way shape or form is he one of us, but I kind of feel quite proud that he’s doing it here, in the English league.

And it’s not like he’s passing out his stats with cup games against league 2 sides. He’s padding out his stats with games against very decent champions league sides.

it’s just fascinating to watch. How far can go? How many can he score?

also crazy to think that, despite all his goals, city aren’t cruising the league. You kind of assume city must be winning every game 3-0. 

4 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Wow. It’s been said before, but the man is a machine, a monster. 8 goals in two games this week!

I don’t why, but I’m really enjoying following his story. It’s been said that he’s still not necessarily on course to beat that incredible season messi had scoring 73 goals (but he might), but for reason I didn’t really pay much attention to that. It was happening over there, it didn’t really count. It la not like I’m in the éticas watching haaland, I’m just catching highlights on YouTube, which I probably could’ve done with messi, but for some reason it feels more real cos it’s here and in the premier league. In no way shape or form is he one of us, but I kind of feel quite proud that he’s doing it here, in the English league.

And it’s not like he’s passing out his stats with cup games against league 2 sides. He’s padding out his stats with games against very decent champions league sides.

also crazy to think that, despite all his goals, city aren’t cruising the league. You kind of assume city must be winning every game 3-0. 

Not wanting to discredit Haaland too much here, 3 of the 8 were against Burnley.

The question of how far can he go is an interesting one, had Mino Raiola still been with us, you would say Paris or Madrid. Not wishing to speak ill of the dead, as an agent, he was terrible for the game and would have been in Haaland’s head after the next big pay day. 

Without any serious injuries, Haaland has the potential to do whatever he wants to do in the game, at 22 years old it’s incredible what he’s doing. If he maintains the desire to look after his body, we’re looking at a player that could be playing into his 40’s like Ibrahimović.

It’s only a matter of time until Messi enters the conversation, completely different players as he is from Ronaldo, yet when you start scoring that many goals, you’re going to be compared.

Funny thing is, Haaland won’t have that same pressure as Messi doing it on the international stage, Norway are not in the same level as Argentina.

1 hour ago, David said:

Not wanting to discredit Haaland too much here, 3 of the 8 were against Burnley.

The question of how far can he go is an interesting one, had Mino Raiola still been with us, you would say Paris or Madrid. Not wishing to speak ill of the dead, as an agent, he was terrible for the game and would have been in Haaland’s head after the next big pay day. 

Without any serious injuries, Haaland has the potential to do whatever he wants to do in the game, at 22 years old it’s incredible what he’s doing. If he maintains the desire to look after his body, we’re looking at a player that could be playing into his 40’s like Ibrahimović.

It’s only a matter of time until Messi enters the conversation, completely different players as he is from Ronaldo, yet when you start scoring that many goals, you’re going to be compared.

Funny thing is, Haaland won’t have that same pressure as Messi doing it on the international stage, Norway are not in the same level as Argentina.

I’d imagine Ronaldo is concerned. Haaland will take his CL record if he continues to play for City or moves to Madrid.

He is already on 33 goals at 22. Ronaldo has 140. You can see Haaland quite easily averaging 10 a year for another 12+ years.

Mbappe will grab the World Cup record too.

Haaland is a freak of a player. He won’t be compared to Messi as he is widely different and isn’t as good in almost every aspect of the game such as playmaking, passing, dribbling, vision etc.

But he will break most of the records. He is like an adult playing in an U16 league.

40 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’d imagine Ronaldo is concerned. Haaland will take his CL record if he continues to play for City or moves to Madrid.

He is already on 33 goals at 22. Ronaldo has 140. You can see Haaland quite easily averaging 10 a year for another 12+ years.

Mbappe will grab the World Cup record too.

Haaland is a freak of a player. He won’t be compared to Messi as he is widely different and isn’t as good in almost every aspect of the game such as playmaking, passing, dribbling, vision etc.

But he will break most of the records. He is like an adult playing in an U16 league.

He’s weird, like Shearer or Lineker. Like Shearer is the current record goal scorer in the premier league. But his highlight deals don’t show incredible bergkamp-esque flicks and tricks, or Ronaldo-esque knuckle balls. These are just proper number nines that have an absolute born instinct for getting themselves into the right position at the right time, and have a shot like a sledge hammer. They’re just goal scoring machines. Put the ball at their feet in the penalty area and it’s good as a goal. 

9 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Borussia Dortmund Wow GIF by ElevenSportsBE this guy is unstoppable. what a finisher