Haaland

LERam

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

The amount of money at their disposal means nothing with FFP involved. It was well documented that Everton’s owner is wealthier than every other owner in the PL bar City’s. But there were limits to his spending, and what he did spend, he spent on garbage.

Man Utd have bigger spending power than City. The difference between the two is City are smart with their spending. 

As for Newcastle, they can only spend to the maximum losses FFP allows. Given the size of the club, it’s likely their spending power will still lag behind Arsenal and Spurs until they are an established Champions League side.

Manchester city proved that there are ways around FFP. Being able to afford the best legal advice helps. 

13 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

The amount of money at their disposal means nothing with FFP involved. It was well documented that Everton’s owner is wealthier than every other owner in the PL bar City’s. But there were limits to his spending, and what he did spend, he spent on garbage.

Man Utd have bigger spending power than City. The difference between the two is City are smart with their spending. 

As for Newcastle, they can only spend to the maximum losses FFP allows. Given the size of the club, it’s likely their spending power will still lag behind Arsenal and Spurs until they are an established Champions League side.

No bueno. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CodnorRam said:

Is he the most complete striker ever? i know its abit early in his career but hes 6ft 5 , really strong , rapid , great heading ability and can score from anywhere ? Has he got a weakness to his game?

No, he’s an incredible player. Best striker in world football for years to come I reckon 

2 hours ago, CodnorRam said:

Is he the most complete striker ever? i know its abit early in his career but hes 6ft 5 , really strong , rapid , great heading ability and can score from anywhere ? Has he got a weakness to his game?

8 touches in 73 minutes against Bournemouth, 16 in 83 minutes against Palace, and 16 in 68 minutes vs Forest would suggest he's far from the most complete striker ever.
For example, it's rare to see Kane drop below 35 touches in a game. He made 56 touches when Spurs played Forest.

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

8 touches in 73 minutes against Bournemouth, 16 in 83 minutes against Palace, and 16 in 68 minutes vs Forest would suggest he's far from the most complete striker ever.
For example, it's rare to see Kane drop below 35 touches in a game. He made 56 touches when Spurs played Forest.

He has every attribute- strength, speed, power, intelligence and goal scoring ability. He ticks so many boxes he won’t need that many touches to be effective. There is every chance in a decade or so he will be spoken about in the same breath as the greats of all time. 

Edited by TheresOnlyWanChope

1 hour ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

He has every attribute- strength, speed, power, intelligence and goal scoring ability. He ticks so many boxes he won’t need that many touches to be effective. There is every chance in a decade or so he will be spoken about in the same breath as the greats of all time. 

He could be the greatest ever goal scorer, but it doesn't mean he'd be the most complete forward of all time.

4 hours ago, CodnorRam said:

I find it weird that he doesn’t score loads of screamers, a lot are just being in the right place at the right time, inside the 6 yard box. Like Gary lineker. There’s got to be some sort of talent to it, else everyone would be doing it, but a lot of his goals you think ‘well I could score that, it was a 2ft tap in into an open net.’ Then you realise he’s done it 9 times in the first 5 games of the season. How is he in the right place at the right time so consistently?!

i havent ever seen a striker as scary as him

there has always been strikers you fear but you feel like you could stop them. how do you stop him? he is quicker both physically and mentally than everybody and he has only just turned 22. 

as srg says the only thing that will stop him is injuries

3 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

I don’t understand the hub-bun around the number of touches per game he gets? 

If we signed a striker who banged in the number of goals Haaland is going to I don’t care if the only time he touches the ball is putting it in the back of the net. 

yep see if guardiola cares about that 

he probably told him to stay inbetween the posts and dont come for the ball deep, he knows the city players will find him even with 2 yards of space. he is as scary off the ball as he is on it.

Edited by alram

4 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

I don’t understand the hub-bun around the number of touches per game he gets? 

If we signed a striker who banged in the number of goals Haaland is going to I don’t care if the only time he touches the ball is putting it in the back of the net. 

Because the claim is that he is the most complete striker of all time. You cannot be the most complete striker if you don't get involved in general play

1 hour ago, alram said:

i havent ever seen a striker as scary as him

there has always been strikers you fear but you feel like you could stop them. how do you stop him? he is quicker both physically and mentally than everybody and he has only just turned 22. 

as srg says the only thing that will stop him is injuries

The original Ronaldo, Gert Muller, Romario,  Messi and the other Ronaldo in their prime were 40 goal plus a season. Benzene isn't doing too badly either. The thing about Haaland is he's going to get a lot of chances with those players around him

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Because the claim is that he is the most complete striker of all time. You cannot be the most complete striker if you don't get involved in general play

Different philosophies I guess? For me a complete striker is one who scores all the goals, thunderb******ds, tap-ins, headers, one-on-ones, etc. 

The saying is putting the ball in the net is the hardest thing in football, Haaland:

Keegan Michael Key Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 minute ago, mrdave85 said:

Different philosophies I guess? For me a complete striker is one who scores all the goals, thunderb******ds, tap-ins, headers, one-on-ones, etc. 

The saying is putting the ball in the net is the hardest thing in football, Haaland:

Keegan Michael Key Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I’d agree with you there. A complete footballer is one who can score and track back and defend and create assists for example (Chris Martin was a decent example, or Frank Lampard).

Haaland is a complete striker. He does everything you want a striker to do, and he does it exceptionally.