Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

3 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

yes all of that , plus booing of taking the knee, apalling abuse of some of our players , the way they were talking to some of our own fans , our away support sometimes leaves a lot to be desired

No body booed mate not one person did that.

When you read through this topic it really doesn’t make the Away Day experience sound that appealing - sometimes. 
From the struggle to actually obtain tickets (and the arguments about the allocation metrics), through to the standing up/sitting down conflicts and then the behaviour of our own so called supporters. 

is it really that bad? 

We seem to constantly sell out so the issues must be deemed acceptable? 

1 minute ago, Rambervalley said:

When you read through this topic it really doesn’t make the Away Day experience sound that appealing - sometimes. 
From the struggle to actually obtain tickets (and the arguments about the allocation metrics), through to the standing up/sitting down conflicts and then the behaviour of our own so called supporters. 

is it really that bad? 

We seem to constantly sell out so the issues must be deemed acceptable? 

There are certain aspects of away games I don’t enjoy (the behaviour of an isolated number of fans at Coventry last season and Cheltenham this season spring to mind) but, I can just about tolerate (only just mind you and I may well hesitate if I was thinking of attending with a young child) what I’ve experienced and I won’t let a few mindless morons stop me going to the away games I chose (and manage to get a ticket for).

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

There are certain aspects of away games I don’t enjoy (the behaviour of an isolated number of fans at Coventry last season and Cheltenham this season spring to mind) but, I can just about tolerate (only just mind you and I may well hesitate if I was thinking of attending with a young child) what I’ve experienced and I won’t let a few mindless morons stop me going to the away games I chose (and manage to get a ticket for).

That’s interesting - and thank you for responding. 
That is a huge shame that you (and I presume many others) would think twice about attending with young uns due to the behaviour of some of our own. 

7 minutes ago, Rambervalley said:

That’s interesting - and thank you for responding. 
That is a huge shame that you (and I presume many others) would think twice about attending with young uns due to the behaviour of some of our own. 

been 2 or 3 seasons now mate, behaviour has gradually got worse , dont get me wrong its only a small minority but its enough to stop some fans attending

14 minutes ago, sage said:

I thought it sounded like a dozen, 20 at the most. It may have seemed like more as it was at a quiet period.

Still 20 too many 

I think it was worse round me as they were the ones doing it. Those tall lads who came and stood in aisle, never even looked for a seat and were giving it large up to half time  when they disappeared never to return! 

I find my enjoyment of matches varies depending upon my immediate neighbours. 

Bolton great, Port Vale great,Wycombe rubbish.

I think the stewarding doesn't help at some grounds, no action taken at all. This is definitely worse at the smaller grounds we have visited this season.

Personally I think away games will eventually become a no go area for kids and older people. The thugs/drunks will win because nobody is prepared to do anything about it. 

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think it was worse round me as they were the ones doing it. Those tall lads who came and stood in aisle, never even looked for a seat and were giving it large up to half time  when they disappeared never to return! 

I find my enjoyment of matches varies depending upon my immediate neighbours. 

Bolton great, Port Vale great,Wycombe rubbish.

Though only 10 yards from you, my neighbours were fine.

I was amused by all those leaving early who stayed near the exit when Dobbin scored giving it the 'big un' to nearly Wycombe fans with no sense of embarrassment 

4 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Maybe we should advocate a snorting section ?

?

so a section for snorting, a section for singing and a section for standing up. With overlap areas for those that want a combination of each? 
The away ticket allocation has suddenly got even more difficult with the inclusion of a Venn diagram on the website ??

and maybe even a tiny area for those that just want to sit, watch and enjoy the game perhaps?
A bit radical I know ….

I think the experience away from home varies but it has become worse this season I think. We've unfortunately got (like every club) some people who can't handle their ale or are just generally badly behaved. Travelling back on the train from Bolton was not especially pleasant with additional problems at Manchester Oxford Road station. I was called this and that by a grown man with his teenage kid in tow as I politely suggested that there was a line for queuing and it wasn't polite just to skip it for his own convenience, and when I ignored his abusive responses he got more and more agitated until he basically wanted a fight. It was embarrassing behaviour. 

At Lincoln I took my gf and the behaviour of some (trying to confront Lincoln all game and throwing stuff) has put her off a little from returning I think. Those 'fans' honestly seemed more bothered about the opposite set of supporters than what was happening on the pitch. The sad thing is, all it takes is a small minority (a few dozen) who can then wreck it for everyone else. You've got some younger lads causing trouble all day and when the police finally have had enough they act like small kids and apologise to try and worm their way out of a fine or being reported to the club. 

But I'm going to Barnsley with a mate and he's excited. I think generally it's fun but all it takes is one moment and it spoils the day a little. Sadly, if I had a kid I probably wouldn't take them to away games until they were at least 14/15 with our current following. It makes me sad as when I was that age, I used to get the roadrider with a mate from school and we'd travel the country together. Unfortunately, I can't see many doing that now. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

3 minutes ago, sage said:

Though only 10 yards from you, my neighbours were fine.

I was amused by all those leaving early who stayed near the exit when Dobbin scored giving it the 'big un' to nearly Wycombe fans with no sense of embarrassment 

Yep, we are now booking tickets in middle of rows to avoid the worst of it. It does seem to help but it is a lottery who you get around you. 

I think we'd fare better a few rows below where we stand, but Bri likes the view from higher up. 

Just now, angieram said:

Yep, we are now booking tickets in middle of rows to avoid the worst of it. It does seem to help but it is a lottery who you get around you. 

I think we'd fare better a few rows below where we stand, but Bri likes the view from higher up. 

i'm booking mine a bit further down the line so have less choice. I think it's a lottery tbh

I've been to 5 so far and not witnessed anything particularly bad, other than the clogging up of gangways for various reasons, but for pretty much every game so far I've been sat/stood near the corner flag so I only get to witness the usual cases waving at the opposition fans aggressively across the barriers. I can imagine it's more of a concern for female fans and/or anyone with kids or at the frailer end of physical condition. It's Barnsley next for me and I'm expecting that to be more of a challenge.

I think one of the main issues I've found this season at away games is people trying to sit with their friends/family as they might not have been able to purchase seats together as they don't fall into the same category in the sales period. Had a few occasions of turning up and someone being in my seat and so they just try to squeeze in further down the isle.  

55 minutes ago, Rambervalley said:

?

so a section for snorting, a section for singing and a section for standing up. With overlap areas for those that want a combination of each? 
The away ticket allocation has suddenly got even more difficult with the inclusion of a Venn diagram on the website ??

and maybe even a tiny area for those that just want to sit, watch and enjoy the game perhaps?
A bit radical I know ….

Need to add a "I haven't actually qualified for a ticket (and I doubt it will reach general sale), but luckily I grabbed a hand-me-down from a generous qualifying Away member that couldn't make it to this game" section.  ?