Premier League | 22/23 Season

Day

Liverpool will always give up chances because they play such a high line. They are happy to take the risk and allow players to run in behind their back line, or for a striker to go one vs one up against Van Dijk or Matip.

It’s usually compensated by the numbers of chances they create at the other end by forcing turnovers. Risk vs reward.

But so far they have failed to take their chances, while at the back they have missed Matip. 

Liverpool were the best team in the league the back end of last season. But so far, things just haven’t clicked. They missed easy chances against Palace and they were sloppy in their battles against Fulham.

The general play is still as dominant as ever. 

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

"In the few seconds I had to study Romero pulling Cucurella's hair, I didn't deem it a violent act," he said. 

This is worrying as it sounds like a little bit of hair pulling could be deemed ok, but this was too much on reflection.

47 minutes ago, David said:

"In the few seconds I had to study Romero pulling Cucurella's hair, I didn't deem it a violent act," he said. 

This is worrying as it sounds like a little bit of hair pulling could be deemed ok, but this was too much on reflection.

Mike...look at me I'm great...Dean has always been controversial, I'm shouting at the TV at the time...it's a fu****g foul, Those meek so and so's on Sky on Monday didn't show it again...the reason "we showed it yesterday" who didn't they want to upset?

I'm neither a Chelsea nor a Spurs fan...just someone who has to accept VAR but it's not used when it should...just wait for the World Cup ?

18 minutes ago, David said:

What a terrible signing that Saliba is for Arsenal.

It's spawned the most irritating chant to air in a football stadium.

Just read your post, then took a wild guess at the tune/chant before I googled it. 
Yep… so predictable!  ?

13 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Even then they can't get the cadence right. They put the stress on the wrong syllable. 

It's the sort of thing that brings civilisations down I tell you.... ?

It’s a Southern thing

5 hours ago, sage said:

Early days, but Arsenal appear to have performed best in the transfer market this summer   

I know you can only beat what is in-front of you, but Arsenal have had a pretty fortunate start.

They played a good Palace side at the best time as they had a really disjointed summer.

Leicester are a mess. And Bournemouth are probably the weakest team up there.

Their next batch are Fulham and Villa at home, Man Utd away and then Everton at home.

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I know you can only beat what is in-front of you, but Arsenal have had a pretty fortunate start.

They played a good Palace side at the best time as they had a really disjointed summer.

Leicester are a mess. And Bournemouth are probably the weakest team up there.

Their next batch are Fulham and Villa at home, Man Utd away and then Everton at home.

You will note my use of the caveat 'early days'

They need to offload 3 or 4 more fringe players and get a decent RB and they should finish top 4 

Edited by sage