Premier League | 22/23 Season

David

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Man Utd only signed Maguire because he is English. And Maguire only starts for England because he plays for Man Utd.

Sancho and Rashford need to get out of there for their own sake. 

It just seems like the place good players go to die. People keep listing all the signings they’ve made. Which ones have been successes and failures. And on paper, they’re mostly really good, world class, would slot into any team in the world and make them better. But as soon as they rock up at old Trafford, they are absolutely dire.

People say the glazers are doing their bit, they’ve put up the money for these world class signings, but the problems there can only be cultural, and that comes from the top. That many good players can’t just turn s*** overnight, it’s like a Bermuda Triangle of talent. 

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

34 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It just seems like the place good players go to die. People keep listing all the signings they’ve made. Which ones have been successes and failures. And on paper, they’re mostly really good, world class, would slot into any team in the world and make them better. But as soon as they rock up at old Trafford, they are absolutely dire.

People say the glazers are doing their bit, they’ve put up the money for these world class signings, but the problems there can only be cultural, and that comes from the top. That many good players can’t just turn s*** overnight, it’s like a Bermuda Triangle of talent. 

You say that but I run through their squad and find very few if any would make the best 18 from City, Liverpool and Chelsea.

United seem to spend a lot of money on players. They’re getting ripped off left, right and center as teams know they are desperate.

Why did they sign Sancho? He looked good in the Bundesliga but so do a lot of players. If he was Dutch, wouldn’t he just be viewed as another Depay?

Rashford is quickly turning into the next Welbeck. Ronaldo was just a commercial signing.

They signed Eriksen who plays in the same role as Fernandes. McFred aren’t good enough but they persist with them.

They appear to have amateurs with little footballing knowledge making big decisions there. Their recruitment is so bad.

9 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

You say that but I run through their squad and find very few if any would make the best 18 from City, Liverpool and Chelsea.

United seem to spend a lot of money on players. They’re getting ripped off left, right and center as teams know they are desperate.

Why did they sign Sancho? He looked good in the Bundesliga but so do a lot of players. If he was Dutch, wouldn’t he just be viewed as another Depay?

Rashford is quickly turning into the next Welbeck. Ronaldo was just a commercial signing.

They signed Eriksen who plays in the same role as Fernandes. McFred aren’t good enough but they persist with them.

They appear to have amateurs with little footballing knowledge making big decisions there. Their recruitment is so bad.

Long may it continue ??

Just watched Match of the Day, I don’t care who the manager is or what the tactics are, when David De Gea is having a day off, you may as well not even turn up.

Those first 2 goals were horrific, truly horrific and for a club that appears to be low on confidence he’s killed the game before it’s even started.

Feel for ETH, had a cushty job over at Ajax and probably sold the dream over at United and they haven’t given him a squad capable of even challenging for Europe this season.

Huge couple of weeks for United.

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

New rule, If you have long bushy hair you are allowed to pull it out by the roots, Chelsea Vs Spurs, Ball was in flight, Incident right in front of the Ref, He has a word gives another corner and Spurs equalise. 

And worse than that, VAR reviewed it and didn’t see anything wrong!….

30 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

New rule, If you have long bushy hair you are allowed to pull it out by the roots, Chelsea Vs Spurs, Ball was in flight, Incident right in front of the Ref, He has a word gives another corner and Spurs equalise. 

Why is it any different to any other pushy-shovey in the area?

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Your kidding right, He's grabbed a handfull of his hair and pulled him to the ground, Maybe it is part and parcel of the new approach to the game ?‍♀️ 

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because it was so blatant - and because it had a direct impact on the result. Spurs player quite clearly had hold of a big handful of hair and simply pulled the Chelsea player backwards as the ball came into the area. If the ref gives the free kick, Chelsea hoof the ball up the pitch and win the game….

A little bit of controversy here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62548431

I knew what he meant, But it would appear there's those out there that want to put in the same bracket Mens football and Womens football.

My take on it, The Mens game is more physical, Faster, Skillfull, Where as the Womens game a lot less physical, Not as fast but a fare bit of skill.

Apparently using the term "mans game" has hit a nerve with some folk, Is there a line to be drawn, Should Souness have said "it's was a hard game"? instead of "a mans game" 

I still think it's a mans game where women have made huge strides...but it will not match mens football in my lifetime ? 

19 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I knew what he meant, But it would appear there's those out there that want to put in the same bracket Mens football and Womens football.

My take on it, The Mens game is more physical, Faster, Skillfull, Where as the Womens game a lot less physical, Not as fast but a fare bit of skill.

Apparently using the term "mans game" has hit a nerve with some folk, Is there a line to be drawn, Should Souness have said "it's was a hard game"? instead of "a mans game" 

I still think it's a mans game where women have made huge strides...but it will not match mens football in my lifetime ? 

Watch the witch hunt begin and Souness be branded a vile sexist pig until he apologies or is forced to resign.

Social media has been a game changer in so many ways, it’s a platform where someone can post they are offended, then have others pile in and be offended on behalf of those that were offended. Big enough pile on and you can get someone “cancelled”.

Kinda scary really as you can see what Souness was talking about, the game which he just watched, which was men playing yet look at the reaction.

You have to be so so careful with what you say in public now, ensure what you say be it verbal or written does not leave any hole in which you can be pulled up on.

37 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

"I think we've got our football back, as I would enjoy football - men at it, blow for blow, and the referee letting them get on with it

That would be his own opinion then and not a reflection on anything else.  He's entitled to the fecker.  No controversy whatsoever. 

Graeme Souness has issued the following statement following his comments made on Super Sunday after the Nottingham Forest vs West Ham and Chelsea vs Tottenham games:

"To clarify my comments from yesterday, I was referring to the two Premier League matches I watched live on Sunday afternoon, rather than the sport of football. Football is a game for everyone to enjoy."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12673866/graeme-souness-statement

29 minutes ago, David said:

Social media has been a game changer in so many ways, it’s a platform where someone can post they are offended, then have others pile in and be offended on behalf of those that were offended. Big enough pile on and you can get someone “cancelled”.

Kinda scary really as you can see what Souness was talking about, the game which he just watched, which was men playing yet look at the reaction.

You have to be so so careful with what you say in public now, ensure what you say be it verbal or written does not leave any hole in which you can be pulled up on.

That's a tough call David, After the Chelsea/Spurs game both managers had to come out and give their verdict, The presenter asks questions in the hope to get a "controversial" comment and will force the question again if not answered for headlines the next day...Sky are complicit they come across as being for everyone and yet want daggers drawn at midnight.