Away Memberships

Day

14 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

It’s not just now, I’ve always been silly, somethings I’m nostalgic for, overnight queuing is not one of them.

Things were different then, pubs shut at 10 30, had to be on the last bus home, so to be out all night with mum and dads permission was great.?

12 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

If people are really that desperate to go to their “ home” match get a customer number for that club and sit in the home end. It’s easy to do especially if you plan ahead. When our ticket office was going through a dodgy stage last season and tickets were coming through late I signed up to a few clubs, it’s free and you don’t have to buy anything. Ive  had emails urging me to get my season ticket before it’s too late from both QPR and Swansea ?

Not me 

I rather be in the away end.

10 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Things were different then, pubs shut at 10 30, had to be on the last bus home, so to be out all night with mum and dads permission was great.?

Did you catch the last bus home from here...?

image.png.4b12aebaa915df687602c3b4b5b048ab.png

37 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

If people are really that desperate to go to their “ home” match get a customer number for that club and sit in the home end. It’s easy to do especially if you plan ahead. When our ticket office was going through a dodgy stage last season and tickets were coming through late I signed up to a few clubs, it’s free and you don’t have to buy anything. Ive  had emails urging me to get my season ticket before it’s too late from both QPR and Swansea ?

Yes, we are customers at Peterborough , Forest Green Rovers, Bristol Rovers, Southampton, Swindon. All from random visits at one time or another.

I think we might sit in home end at FGR if they don't spot us and tip us out- far more civilised than away area! 

7 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

What about those memberships they sold last year than ran for a year (not the season)? Take it they don't provide any benefits anymore.

I've got one of them. I've always viewed it as a donation to the club basically, as the only thing you get is the choice of first dibs on away games. 

Others like me who live a way away only tend to look for away games closer to me than Derby, which limits them somewhat. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

At least I won't be having to pay £70 a ticket. Fulham, shame on you!! 

If your referring to the graphic I saw earlier for Fulham vs Liverpool match tickets, £70 was the child's price. Adults and Senior concessions were £100! 

A ST in the corner Wendy House stand has gone from £199 to £999.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

If your referring to the graphic I saw earlier for Fulham vs Liverpool match tickets, £70 was the child's price. Adults and Senior concessions were £100! 

A ST in the corner Wendy House stand has gone from £199 to £999.

Yep, there were some dearer, but in the area where away fans go, it was £70, I think.

I thought there was an upper limit on what they charged away fans? 

Just now, angieram said:

Yep, there were some dearer, but in the area where away fans go, it was £70, I think.

I thought there was an upper limit on what they charged away fans? 

£30 from memory.  

I guess they ramp up the prices in the equivalent home stand, so they don't fall foul of the rule that away fans don't pay more than home fans.

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The number 14 bus? right outside the cafe for the drivers and conductors, My Dad was a bus driver for the Corpo...green n cream buses back in the day.

I got the No.74 from Tenant Street, to Perth Street, Breadsall Estate. My mother used to work at the little cafe across the road before moving to the 'Savoy' chip shop on the Morledge.

58 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

I got the No.74 from Tenant Street, to Perth Street, Breadsall Estate. My mother used to work at the little cafe across the road before moving to the 'Savoy' chip shop on the Morledge.

My bus was wiltshire rd cant remember the number. I went in that cafe loads of times.

56 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

I know lots from around Perth Street, I'd drink in the Rhino and Penguin back in the day, I was from the other end of Chadd, Where the more refined lad lived...Trenton Green area ?, What was your school Henry Cav or Olive Eden?

4 hours ago, angieram said:

There's no easy answer to this one.

I have a certain sympathy for people who desperately want to go to their "home" match, and might not be able to.

But I think @sage's list demonstrates that there will be a good number of away games when all fans will get a chance to attend  because of capacity. 

Other games,  some regulars and not-so-regulars will miss out. Might be me, but I will live with that and go to those I can. 

At least I won't be having to pay £70 a ticket. Fulham, shame on you!! 

Fleetwood, Burton and Forest Green will be fun ?