New manager, who do you want?

RoyMac5

7 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

And how are we going to generate the cash to recruit and pay a DOF?  The unrealistic expectations and demands have started earlier than I anticipated. We will be lucky to keep the academy operational let alone stuff the club with unnecessary senior management 

Nah,it would end up cheaper in the end from the constant complete change in players which constantly occurred under Mel....we spent millions on players which would have been unnecessary if we had stuck to a ethos.

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Nah,it would end up cheaper in the end from the constant complete change in players which constantly occurred under Mel....we spent millions on players which would have been unnecessary if we had stuck to a ethos.

We will not be spending anything at all, on transfers or fancy wages, zilch , nada we will be operating at less than break even and you suggest spending cash we have not got on a senior manager we can’t afford and don’t need.
Beam me up scotty

21 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

We will not be spending anything at all, on transfers or fancy wages, zilch , nada we will be operating at less than break even and you suggest spending cash we have not got on a senior manager we can’t afford and don’t need.
Beam me up scotty

You are already there charlotte...

No beaming required

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

7 hours ago, Carnero said:

Woah! I said Hughton as assistant to Rosenior, not as manager!

I made my feelings on Hughton clear in an earlier post but I do wonder if Rosenior does get the gig, whether he might turn to Hughton for assistance.

Was it Hughton that gave Rosenior the role at Brighton? 

6 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

I don't think think anyone should get their hopes up about Evatt.

He wasn't interested in the Blackpool job, and whilst he did start his career with us, he had a much longer (as a pro player, not including time spent in our academy) and far more successful association with them then he had for us.

He'd have to show himself to be a massive hypocrite to leave Bolton and come here given his recent comments about being linked to them...

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/bolton-blackpool-ian-evatt-manager-24302787

Only thing I would add to this is that Derby are a big club. Blackpool aren't. Why are players still drawn to Man U over most teams? Because they hold status even though they are now a middle ranking team.

He would be a decent appt and if I were him I would snap your hand off. He may show loyalty to Bolton which is commendable but anyone who wants a challenge at a sleeping giant then why not.

5 hours ago, Keepyuppy said:

Rosenoir with Curtis Davies as player/assistant/coach whilst ge fies his Badges please 

That feels like the easiest fit atm in time.

not sure its the best option but it might be our only one and one that could work out for all parites.

i say this with the timeframes we’re facing. 

Just now, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Only thing I would add to this is that Derby are a big club. Blackpool aren't. Why are players still drawn to Man U over most teams? Because they hold status even though they are now a middle ranking team.

He would be a decent appt and if I were him I would snap your hand off. He may show loyalty to Bolton which is commendable but anyone who wants a challenge at a sleeping giant then why not.

I havent bothered to check, but if hes employed by any other club then we have zero chance of getting him. With our tight restrictions financially and debts to creditors we’re not going to start paying compensation to anybody for anyone.

people need to start realising quickly this 

Don't underestimate the draw of DCFC. We have constantly been able to draw big name managers for decades:

Cox

Gregory

Burley

Cocu

Lampard

Rooney

Even the ex England manager

Yes, all had a varied amount of success. Look at BD he had a good thing going on at Preston. He jumped ship to join a team that wasn't going anywhere. Why? Because the draw of a bigger club even if they are struggling is hard to turn down. I for one wouldn't be surprised to see Dyche. He has local links and would see the potential in the club if not its current plight. Only sticking point would be wages but he's already minted so probably won't want too much.

Edited by Ram a lamb a ding dong

5 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I havent bothered to check, but if hes employed by any other club then we have zero chance of getting him. With our tight restrictions financially and debts to creditors we’re not going to start paying compensation to anybody for anyone.

people need to start realising quickly this 

He could resign

6 hours ago, ram59 said:

The way I see it, is that incoming players are going to be either free agents from championship type teams or hidden gems from lg1 or lg2 who may cost a small fee. The manager and his recruitment team will need to have a working knowledge of such players.

Imo we need experience right now and lots of it. We need someone with a unquestionable contacts list.. a modern day jim smith. 

we’re going to need to be shrewd , we’re going to need to be clever.

unpopular perhaps but the only two i can think of in that respect are mcarthy and warnock. 

given our circumstance i would take either

one from leftfield, and one that i know would split opinion and im only saying based on the above criteria.

alladyce .. if he wanted it.

at the level we’re at… its made for him.

In any other world, i wouldnt want him near the club… but hes as close to a jim smith as i can think of 

washed up on the managerial scrap heap, plenty of doubters , plenty of baggage and sackings .. how about one last fling at promotion with a team based around a load of shaun flynns and daryll powells 

sounds quite romantic to me 

6 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Don't underestimate the draw of DCFC. We have constantly been able to draw big name managers for decades:

Cox

Gregory

Burley

Cocu

Lampard

Rooney

Even the ex England manager

Yes, all had a varied amount of success. Look at BD he had a good thing going on at Preston. He jumped ship to join a team that wasn't going anywhere. Why? Because the draw of a bigger club even if they are struggling is hard to turn down. I for one wouldn't be surprised to see Dyche. He has local links and would see the potential in the club if not its current plight. Only sticking point would be wages but he's already minted so probably won't want too much.

Totally correct ?

Can't see other than Liam,  all the talk of warlock,  jody, dyche etc is in my opinion fantasy, can't any of them taking a risk at the basket case of Derby County.  

Clowes looks to have taken pole on the takeover but I can't see him having the spending power to attract a manager to drop into lge 1 .

After all that's why Rooney decided enough was enough. 

Who ever takes over has a tough job ahead....its only few days before the out of contract playes are gone

10 hours ago, Carnero said:

If Rosenior gets the gig, Chris Hughton is a good shout as an experienced assistant having worked together for years at Brighton. 

9 hours ago, Carnero said:

Yeah he'd be my choice too if we go for experience, plays good football, reasonably successful to a point and works well with youngsters. Rosenior if we go for the younger route (preferably with somebody experienced like Hughton as assistant).

9 hours ago, Carnero said:

I get your point, but it does happen, and Hughton is in his 60s now and off a bad experience at Forest , he may have had his fill of management now. He was always a highly rated assistant / coach at Spurs and was somewhat of a mentor to young Liam when he first got into coaching with Brighton's youngsters, he may be more likely to assist him than just any other random assistant gig.

30 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I made my feelings on Hughton clear in an earlier post but I do wonder if Rosenior does get the gig, whether he might turn to Hughton for assistance.

Was it Hughton that gave Rosenior the role at Brighton? 

Yes @IslandExile that's what I originally said man !!! Then it was twisted by you/others into a supposed shout for manager ?

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Yes @IslandExile that's what I originally said man !!! Then it was twisted by you/others into a supposed shout for manager 

My first post on the subject was not solely aimed at you. A few folks had suggested Hughton as manager.

It's not all about you ?

Edited by IslandExile