Season ticket prices are going up, will ours?

Boycie

Just now, sage said:

That is what I was referring too. 

How does any club start a season in administration if that is the rule? 

Anyone offering a years credit would have bought the club by now 

Not if the debts are so large that it's not worth it. I presume Q will loan the money but they could just sell a few players ie Knight.

10 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

I think they are going to need to sell at a big discount.  If we haven't a buyer, difficult to sell when you can't guarantee ANY games.

I think it’s highly unlikely (and the wrong decision) to heavily discount ST prices for next year. 

I would hope for, and expect, either the same as last year or maybe a small reduction.

Obviously putting them on sale before a new buyer is fully guaranteed (none of this CK nonsense again please) is problematic (I wondered if the season ticket sales income could be put in a ring fenced account and only released as each game passes, in case it needs to be refunded, but I suspect that wouldn’t be allowed as it would essentially make us preferential creditors) but delaying them creates a risk that some folk may not bother attending matches and/or renewing when they do go on sale.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Florists renewals did not go up in price and they have sold out of season tickets.What about DCFC charging Half price for renewals and getting Pride Park full? We would then make the extra income on food etc.

Clubs don't need to raise prices in the PL. I doubt Forest took more than £8m in gate receipts, even with their cup run, so even 20% on the prices would be a drop in the ocean. 

We, however, will need to maximise gate receipts rather than seat occupation. I'd be in favour of keeping adult prices the same but giving more generous concessions to the under 23s and over 65s perhaps. Half price renewals would just screw our finances again and hamper rebuilding. 

Can’t see a remote possibility of having prices reduced - remember Q wanted to cancel the ‘Free tickets’ last season even though we had paid for the covid season and justify it by saying we could have watched Rams TV instead - I wouldn’t trust them with anything money related

19 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Clubs don't need to raise prices in the PL. I doubt Forest took more than £8m in gate receipts, even with their cup run, so even 20% on the prices would be a drop in the ocean. 

We, however, will need to maximise gate receipts rather than seat occupation. I'd be in favour of keeping adult prices the same but giving more generous concessions to the under 23s and over 65s perhaps. Half price renewals would just screw our finances again and hamper rebuilding. 

I generally agree although I'd drop the age for the concessions to under 18 at the highest. 

You'd have thought Q would have had visibility of CKs business plan which you would have thought would have ST prices set ready to go, just launch with those.... 

They must have done sufficient number crunching to make the finances work for next season, I know it may not fit in with the actual buyer of the club, but they need cash to come in now and players signed for next week.

That with selling Knight and pos Bielik should be enough to work with initially, then when new buyer in place the budget can be increased if they want to factor in personal cash injection.

57 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I generally agree although I'd drop the age for the concessions to under 18 at the highest. 

I chose the higher number because it's an age bracket of 18-23 where youth are likely to be on low pay or in higher education - I'd envisaged their ticket prices to be similar to the over 65s (although Royce's pensioners would have to pay full whack ?)

Maybe this should have gone in here, rather than the admin thread!  Sorry!  ?

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Could they not sell Season tickets under a monthly subscription/DD type thing?

Or maybe Instead of £400/£500 (whatever) lump sum, You keep your DCFC ticket fund account topped up enough to cover (as a minimum) the (broken down) cost of the next game, thus keeping your ST activated and usable.

If your payment doesn't go through/you fail to top up your account for any reason, the ST card gets deactivated before the next game?

I have money in a Dartcharge account, that takes out £2 every time I cross the Dartford crossing.  No crossing, no charge.

I also have an ATMB account linked directly to my credit card, which charges said card when I use the Toll sections of the French Autoroutes.  No use, no charge. 

Surely there must be a way we can pledge, without having to hand over a season's worth of ticket money in advance?  ?‍♂️

*Not sure why I put that... I guess maybe for the majority, who have concerns about renewing... as I currently plan to risk it, and renew as normal, if and when they go on sale.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I think it’s highly unlikely (and the wrong decision) to heavily discount ST prices for next year. 

I would hope for, and expect, either the same as last year or maybe a small reduction.

Obviously putting them on sale before a new buyer is fully guaranteed (none of this CK nonsense again please) is problematic (I wondered if the season ticket sales income could be put in a ring fenced account and only released as each game passes, in case it needs to be refunded, but I suspect that wouldn’t be allowed as it would essentially make us preferential creditors) but delaying them creates a risk that some folk may not bother attending matches and/or renewing when they do go on sale.

Depends.  I'm lucky to be in a good financial position, and I'm questioning buying until this is resolved.  Thinking I'll buy game to game as insurance, and look to buy once resolved.

If people hold off through fear, they might be left with little choice.

39 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Maybe this should have gone in here, rather than the admin thread!  Sorry!  ?

You mention Direct Debits.  A good idea in theory, but obviously eliminates the cash flow advantage of season ticket sales.  I would definitely take up such an offer - but funnily enough I think it would be so popular that they would not allow it.  They would have everyone signing up for that deal.

54 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I chose the higher number because it's an age bracket of 18-23 where youth are likely to be on low pay or in higher education - I'd envisaged their ticket prices to be similar to the over 65s (although Royce's pensioners would have to pay full whack ?)

Derby had a young adult ST 18-22, but no match day concessions in that age bracket, which seemed a bit odd.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Can’t see a remote possibility of having prices reduced - remember Q wanted to cancel the ‘Free tickets’ last season even though we had paid for the covid season and justify it by saying we could have watched Rams TV instead - I wouldn’t trust them with anything money related

They won't want to.  That's for sure.  But it is a two way street - and a big risk for purchaser, just like the club is as a whole.  People have agency, and if sales are slow action will need to be taken.  

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Even at a lower level (of league), I'd be amazed to see any reduction.  Price freeze is the absolute best we can hope for, certainly for renewals.

... If we ever get to a position to sell any at all, that is!  ?

I'd be more confident of buying a season ticket for the train service

11 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Depends.  I'm lucky to be in a good financial position, and I'm questioning buying until this is resolved.  Thinking I'll buy game to game as insurance, and look to buy once resolved.

If people hold off through fear, they might be left with little choice.

Well again, it depends. If people hold off through fear and just buy game by game until it is resolved, provided attendances hold up (big risk they won’t I know) then there won’t be any need to rush through the sale of ST’s and potentially lose a great deal of income if they are highly discounted.

10 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

They won't want to.  That's for sure.  But it is a two way street - and a big risk for purchaser, just like the club is as a whole.  People have agency, and if sales are slow action will need to be taken.  

Only if total ticket sales (ST + single games) fall off a cliff and/or there is still no prospect of a buyer in the short term. 

A short term drop in attendances is going to be far less damaging (IMO) than the season long impact of heavily discounting ST prices.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Only if total ticket sales (ST + single games) fall off a cliff and/or there is still no prospect of a buyer in the short term. 

A short term drop in attendances is going to be far less damaging (IMO) than the season long impact of heavily discounting ST prices.

Agreed.  But this is catch 22.  They will want season ticket sales for cashflow; but if said sales don't meet expectations they will need to lower price to pay the bills so they can stage games people pay the unreduced price for.  

The situation is different to usual in that the upfront money is worth £ for £ massively more than normal as without it we could fold.  

26 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

You mention Direct Debits.  A good idea in theory, but obviously eliminates the cash flow advantage of season ticket sales.  I would definitely take up such an offer - but funnily enough I think it would be so popular that they would not allow it.  They would have everyone signing up for that deal.

They've done direct debit payments for season tickets for a long time. Not sure if they did it for the previous season.